become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Europe
Living History and Open Air
Reference: Museums: By Region: Europe
- The collection consists of paintings, prints, maquettes, objects and archaeological finds. It shows how Amsterdam grew from a small medieval town to a world famous centre.
Auschwitz - Birkenau Memorial and Museum
- World War II extermination camp and memorial to Holocaust victims.
Berlin Wall Documentation Center
- One component of the memorial site ensemble at Bernauer Strasse, including the Berlin Wall memorial and the Chapel of Reconciliation, designed to preserve the history of the division of Germany.
Casa Museo di Antonio Gramsci
- Museum and Centre of Documentation and Research into Gramscian Works and the Workers Movement. Ghilarza, Oristano, Sardinia, Italy.
Ebensee Concentration Camp Memorial
- A satellite camp of Mauthausen on November 18th, 1943 near the village of Ebensee in Upper Austria, one of over 40 outposts of the concentration camp Mauthausen, where prisoners had to work for the German armament industry.
G.A. Serlachius Museum
- Traces the course of human lives in the country from the 19th century to the present day, and includes details of exhibitions, events, guided tours and directions. Located in Finland. [Finnish, Swedish, English].
Hanns Schell Collection
- The world’s largest museum of locks and keys, coffers, ornamental boxes, chests, safes and ornate cast iron.
Kazan Kremlin State Museum-Park
- The Citadel (Kremlin) in Kazan, Tatarstan. Shows the site from times of antiquity to the present, with information on the architecture and the Hermitage centre.
Museum in Hohenems
- A cultural-historical documentation of 2,000 years of mill technology.
Museum of Air Battle over the Ore Mountains
- Exhibits include artifacts from crashed aircraft, photographs, documents, uniforms, and dioramas. General information schedule, and location.
Museum of Svätý Anton
- An art, historical and hunting exposition located in a baroque-classicist manor house from the 18th century in the town of Svätý Anton, Slovakia. Includes a guide and lists upcoming events. [Slovak/English]
The Museum of Viljandi
- Museum of archaeology, cultural heritage and natural history in Estonia. In English, Estonian, and German.
The Musée du président Jacques Chirac
- At Sarran, in the heart of the massif des Monédières in Corrèze, houses a collection of gifts given to the President during his official duties.
The National Museum of History
- Bulgarian archaeological and historical archive on the Balkans. Virtual tour of museum galleries, fully-searchable exhibits and database.
Pengsjö Settlers Museum
- The site describes a Swedish museum of old buildings from the 17th 18th and 19th centuries.
Scottish Fisheries Museum
- Fishing from the earliest times and comprises many galleries of paintings and artifacts, including full sized boats.
- A journey to the Middle Ages and for ninety minutes follow in the miner`s footsteps in the biggest silver mine of the sixteenth century.
St Agatha's Historical Complex
- Photographs, details, and historical information about the crypt, catacombs, church, and museum.
State Museum at Majdanek
- A German Nazi concentration camp in Lublin was granted its legal status of a central state institution in accordance with the law issued by the Parliament on July 2, 1947.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 28, 2015 at 20:35:06 UTC -