become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ethnic/Native_American
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: Cultural: Ethnic: Native American
Arts: Crafts: Basketry: Native American
Arts: Music: Instruments: Native American
Arts: Visual Arts: Native and Tribal: North America
A:shiwi A:wan Museum and Heritage Center
- The museum features past and present Zuni art and culture through exhibits, programs and film archives.
- Focus on Maine's Native American history, culture, art and archaeology.
Agua Caliente Cultural Museum
- A non-profit tribal museum representing the history and culture of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians and other Cahuilla peoples. Located in Palm Springs, California.
Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum, Seminole Tribe of Florida
- Museum about Seminole life and culture with exhibits and tours located on the Big Cypress Seminole Indian Reservation.
Akta Lakota Museum & Cultural Center
- As an outreach of St. Josephs Indian School the museum is located in Chamberlain, SD and offers cultural information and tours.
Alutiiq Museum and Archeological Repository
- Alaskan museum dedicated to exploring 7,500 years of Kodiak’s cultural history. Information about the museum, archaeology and the people of Kodiak.
American Indian Genocide Museum
- Has documents, photographs and information on events and stereotypes. Located in Houston, Texas.
Amerind Foundation Museum and Archaeological Research Facility
- Mission is to educate and inform the public about American Indian prehistory and history. Exhibits range from anthropology and archaeology to fine arts.
Anasazi Heritage Center
- A federal repository for artifacts and museum of archaeology in the Four Corners area of the USA.
Angel Mounds State Historic Site
- A center which preserves a prehistoric site located in Evansville, Indiana. Has information on events, exhibits, programs and a gift shop.
Antelope Valley Indian Museum
- A state park facility which preserves artifacts from Southwestern, California and Great Basin cultures is located in Lancaster, California.
Ataloa Lodge Museum
- Native American artifacts on display at Bacone College in Oklahoma. Site features information about the museum and its collections and its store.
Barona Cultural Center and Museum
- Preserves the native cultures in San Diego County with a collection dating back thousands of years. Has exhibits, workshops and speakers and is located in Lakeside, California.
Burke Museum of Natural and Cultural History
- Located at the University of Washington in Seattle, it features archaeological and ethnographic collections of Northwest Coast cultures. Offers exhibits, tours, events and research.
California Indian Museum and Cultural Center
- The museum is being developed by the National Indian Justice Center (NIJC), Indian owned and operated nonprofit corporation.
Cherokee Strip Museum
- General information, events, and exhibits. Located in Perry, Oklahoma.
Chiefswood National Historic Site
- The home of Pauline Johnson, daughter of a Mohawk chief and poetess. Includes hours, admission, events, gift shop, photos, map and directions. Located in Ohsweken, Ontario, Canada.
- Located in Choctaw, the museum offers tours, artifacts and information on the Mississippi Band.
Chumash Indian Museum
- A museum dedicated to the Chumash People native to southern California it offers nature hikes, exhibits, events and educational programs.
- Located in Hulls Cove, Maine it has exhibits on Native American history and culture.
Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art
- Offers exhibits, events and festivals and is dedicated to the appreciation and understanding of native and western art. Located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Five Civilized Tribes Museum
- Calendar of events, visitor information, genealogy, history, tours, and tribal information. Located in Muskogee, Oklahoma.
Frisco Native American Museum and Natural History Center
- A non-profit educational foundation preserves artifacts, art, and culture and is located on Hatteras Island on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Grace Hudson Museum
- Located in Ukiah California it offers events and exhibits on California tribes and features a collection of Pomo basketry.
Grand Village of the Natchez Indians
- The village features a museum, a reconstructed Natchez Indian house, and three ceremonial mounds and is located in Natchez, MS. Has information about the culture and Indian mounds.
Hauberg Indian Museum
- Located in Black Hawk Park in Illinois, the museum features the collection of Dr. John Hauberg, largely consisting of artifacts from the Sauk and Mesquakie people.
Indian Museum of North America History
- Located at the Crazy Horse Memorial in South Dakota, the museum features artifacts and art from Native American tribes from all over North America.
Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
- Museum features exhibits on the culture and heritage of the Pueblo Indians of New Mexico.
Institute of American Indian Arts Museum
- General information, exhibitions, calendar, and the collections. Located in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Iroquois Indian Museum
- Iroquois art, past and present, located in Howes Cave, NY.
- Contains over 850 items depicting the life and culture of the Indians of North America. Includes hours, guided tours and directions. Located in Radebeul, Germany. [English and German].
Kaw Mission, Kansas State Historical Society
- Located in Council Grove, Kansas and was built in 1850 as a mission school for children of the Kansa Tribe.
Koshare Indian Museum
- Preserves and interprets Native American culture, with a primary focus on art and artifacts of the Southwest and Plains Indians.
Lost City Museum
- Built by the National Park Service to exhibit artifacts that were being excavated from Pueblo Grande de Nevada of Anasazi Indian sites.
MacCallum More Museum & Gardens
- Houses a permanent exhibit of Native American artifacts, along with a botanical garden, arboretum, and wildlife sanctuary. Chase City, Virginia.
- Located on the Morongo Indian reservation in Banning, California, with information about its annual fiesta, book press, and planned exhibits and research center.
Marin Museum of the American Indian
- Located on an ancient village site in Novato, California it’s devoted to the Pomo and Miwok.
Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center
- Owned and operated by the tribe the center offers the story of their culture though dioramas, live performances and exhibits. It is located in Mashantucket, CT.
- A Museum of the cultural and natural history and geology of the Northern Mojave Desert emphasizing Indian Wells Valley.
Mid-America All-Indian Center Museum
- Located in Wichita, KS the center has exhibits of artifacts and contemporary art and is located in Wichita, KS. Has online information on artist and major cultures.
Mille Lacs Indian Museum
- General and visitor information and events. Located near Onamia, Minnesota.
Millicent Rogers Museum
- Display of collections of silver and turquoise jewelry made by Pueblo, Navajo, Zuni and Hopi silversmiths, and the brilliantly-colored Navajo weaving.
Mt. Kearsarge Indian Museum
- Located on the side of Mt. Kearsarge in Warner, New Hampshire and dedicated to increasing public awareness of American American traditions, philosophy, and art.
Museum at Campbell River
- First Nations and northwest native American Indian art exhibits, particularly reflecting the culture and history of North Vancouver Island. Includes virtual tour and Archives Research Center. Canada.
The Museum at Warm Springs
- A museum dedicated to the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs, Oregon which offers educational programs, exhibits, events and a gift shop.
Museum of Indian Arts and Culture
- Located in Santa Fe, New Mexico, its exhibits and programs foster understanding of Southwestern tribes. Has artifacts of Anasazi, Mogollon ceramics and prehistoric baskets.
Museum of Indian Arts and Culture
- A museum dedicated to the collection, preservation, public education, interpretation and exhibition of the arts, cultures, and histories of the American Southwest.
The Museum of Indian Culture
- Offers information on the Lenni Lenape people, history and culture. Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA.
Museum of Inuit Art
- Southern Canada's public museum devoted exclusively to Inuit art and culture.
Museum of Native American History
- Located in Bentonville, Arkansas the museum displays artifacts from various Native American groups from 12000 BC through 1900 AD.
Museum of New Mexico
- The museum houses a collection of art, history and culture in four museums and five monuments statewide.
Museum of Ojibwa Culture
- The museum offers indoor and outdoor exhibits demonstrating Ojibwa culture and traditions and a gift shop with native art, books and crafts.
Museum of the Cherokee Indian
- Located in Cherokee, NC with museum information.
Museum of The Red River
- Display of Native American art and artifacts of the Caddo and Choctaw peoples.
The Natick Historical Society and Museum
- Founded in 1870 and located in South Natick, MA features artifacts of Archaic and Woodland as well as Christian Indian cultures.
National Museum of the American Indian
- Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian is dedicated to the preservation, study, and exhibition of the life, languages, literature, history, and arts of Native Americans.
Native American Museums and Monuments of New Mexico
- Provides a directory of resource links for the state.
Native American Resource Center
- Includes information about history, culture and art.
Oneida Nation Museum
- A museum dedicated to the cultural heritage of the People of the Standing Stone offering information, exhibits and education about Iroquois culture.
Pawnee Indian Museum State Historic Site
- Offering an excavated Pawnee earthlodge, lodges and a walking trail the museum is located in north central Kansas.
The People's Center
- Museum presents oral histories and material culture of the Salish, Pend d'Oreille and Kootenai tribes.
Pocono Indian Museum
- Features displays of artifacts, weapons, and tools used by the Delaware Indians. Includes a gift shop and directions to the location in Bushkill, Pennsylvania.
- Includes online exhibits, an online museum collection catalog, and a video of traditional Pueblo speakers.
Pueblo Grande Museum and Archaeological Park
- Located in Phoenix, Arizona and is a National Historic Landmark and the site of a Hohokam Indian ruin.
- Center preserves native arts and culture through exhibits, events and festivals and is located in Oklahoma City, OK.
Red Earth Museum
- Oklahoma City museum exhibiting Native American art and historical artifacts and the Deupree Collection of cradleboards. Includes admission fees, memberships, educational programs, and resource links.
Red Rock Museum
- New Mexico museum featuring the arts and crafts of Native Americans of the Southwest from pre-contact times to the present.
Seneca-Iroquois National Museum
- Information on museum and the history/culture of the Seneca and Iroquois. Located in Salamanca, New York.
Sequoyah Birthplace Museum
- Located in Vonore, Tennessee to display the history of the Cherokees in the southern Appalachian area.
Sherman Indian Museum
- Museum dedicated to the history of Native Americans. Houses traditional Native American art and history exhibits. Located in Riverside, CA.
Sioux Indian Museum
- A museum with exhibits of past and present cultures of Lakota and other American Indian and Alaskan Tribes, it is located in Rapid City, South Dakota.
Sky City Cultural Center
- Museum has exhibits, tours, events, dances and feast days celebrations of the culture and living history of Acoma Pueblo in New Mexico.
- Museum of pre-history and history of the American Indian in the Southwest with particular emphasis on the Prescott Arizona area. With museum guide and collection information.
Southern Plains Indian Museum
- Exhibits the creative achievements of artists and craftsmen of the United States.
Southern Plains Indian Museum
- Visitor information and current exhibitions. Located in Anadarko, Oklahoma.
Southwest Museum of the American Indian
- Devoted to the arts and culture of native peoples the center offers dioramas, artifacts and exhibits and is part of the Autry National Center located in Los Angeles, CA.
State Indian Museum
- Located in Sacramento it offers displays,exhibits and artifacts that illustrate California Indian life, spirit, family and culture.
Suquamish Museum and Cultural Center
- Museum in Suquamish, WA documents the heritage and culture of the Suquamish people through exhibits and education.
Three Tribes Museum
- Located in New Town, ND on the Lewis and Clark Trail, the Museum offers historical displays of the Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara. Site offers visitor information.
Tomaquag Indian Memorial Museum
- Programs and activities, classes, tours, publications and news, and directions. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island.
UBC Museum of Anthropology
- Displays of Northwest Coast art and has stories and traditions documented with photographs, maps and quotations. Located on the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC.
Wanapum Heritage Center
- Museum provides exhibits of Wanapum History and way of life beginning in the prehistoric era and ending with the construction of Priest Rapids and Wanapum Dams.
Wenatchee Valley Museum & Cultural Center
- Located in Wenatchee, WA it offers exhibits, events and programs on the arts, sciences and history of people in the region, including the tribes of the Columbia River plateau.
The Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian
- Changing exhibitions in the main gallery include contemporary and traditional American Indian art, with an emphasis on the Southwest.
Wounded Knee Museum
- Located in Wall, South Dakota it is has narrative exhibits about the Lakota and the Wounded Knee Massacre. The site has visitor information, online video and documents the massacre. [Requires Flash]
Yakama Nation Cultural Heritage Center
- Located in Toppenish, WA and offering exhibits on the history and art of the Plateau People. Site is one page with basic visitor information.
- Tells the story of the Saginaw Chippewa and the Great Lakes Anishinabek and has online resources with details of events, tours and collections which are located in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 18, 2013 at 7:24:03 UTC -