become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ethnic/Native_American
Arts: Crafts: Basketry: Native American
Arts: Music: Instruments: Native American
Arts: Visual Arts: Native and Tribal: North America
- Focus on Maine's Native American history, culture, art and archaeology. Located in Bar Harbor, Maine.
Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum, Seminole Tribe of Florida
- Museum about Seminole life and culture with exhibits and tours located on the Big Cypress Seminole Indian Reservation.
Alutiiq Museum and Archeological Repository
- Alaskan museum dedicated to exploring 7,500 years of Kodiak’s cultural history. Information about the museum, archaeology and the people of Kodiak.
American Indian Genocide Museum
- Has documents, photographs and information on events and stereotypes. Located in Houston, Texas.
Amerind Foundation Museum and Archaeological Research Facility
- Mission is to educate and inform the public about American Indian prehistory and history. Exhibits range from anthropology and archaeology to fine arts. Located near Benson, Arizona.
Anasazi Heritage Center
- A federal repository for artifacts and museum of archaeology in the Four Corners area of the USA. Located in Dolores, Colorado.
Angel Mounds State Historic Site
- A center which preserves a prehistoric site located in Evansville, Indiana. Has information on events, exhibits, programs and a gift shop.
Chiefswood National Historic Site
- The home of Pauline Johnson, daughter of a Mohawk chief and poetess. Includes hours, admission, events, gift shop, photos, map and directions. Located in Ohsweken, Ontario, Canada.
- Located in Choctaw, Mississippi, the museum offers tours, artifacts and information on the Mississippi Band.
- Located in Hulls Cove, Maine it has exhibits on Native American history and culture.
Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art
- Offers exhibits, events and festivals and is dedicated to the appreciation and understanding of native and western art. Located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Frisco Native American Museum and Natural History Center
- A non-profit educational foundation preserves artifacts, art, and culture and is located on Hatteras Island on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Hauberg Indian Museum
- Located in Black Hawk Park in Illinois, the museum features the collection of Dr. John Hauberg, largely consisting of artifacts from the Sauk and Mesquakie people.
Iroquois Indian Museum
- Iroquois art, past and present, located in Howes Cave, NY.
- Contains over 850 items depicting the life and culture of the Indians of North America. Includes hours, guided tours and directions. Located in Radebeul, Germany. [English and German].
Kaw Mission, Kansas State Historical Society
- Located in Council Grove, Kansas and was built in 1850 as a mission school for children of the Kansa Tribe.
Koshare Indian Museum
- Preserves and interprets Native American culture, with a primary focus on art and artifacts of the Southwest and Plains Indians. Located in La Junta, Colorado.
MacCallum More Museum & Gardens
- Houses a permanent exhibit of Native American artifacts, along with a botanical garden, arboretum, and wildlife sanctuary. Chase City, Virginia.
Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center
- Owned and operated by the tribe the center offers the story of their culture though dioramas, live performances and exhibits. It is located in Mashantucket, CT.
Mid-America All-Indian Center Museum
- Located in Wichita, KS the center has exhibits of artifacts and contemporary art and is located in Wichita, KS. Has online information on artist and major cultures.
Mille Lacs Indian Museum
- General and visitor information and events. Located near Onamia, Minnesota.
Mt. Kearsarge Indian Museum
- Located on the side of Mt. Kearsarge in Warner, New Hampshire and dedicated to increasing public awareness of American American traditions, philosophy, and art.
Museum at Campbell River
- First Nations and northwest native American Indian art exhibits, particularly reflecting the culture and history of North Vancouver Island. Includes virtual tour and Archives Research Center. Canada.
The Museum at Warm Springs
- A museum dedicated to the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs, Oregon which offers educational programs, exhibits, events and a gift shop.
The Museum of Indian Culture
- Offers information on the Lenni Lenape people, history and culture. Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA.
Museum of Inuit Art
- Southern Canada's public museum devoted exclusively to Inuit art and culture.
Museum of Native American History
- Located in Bentonville, Arkansas the museum displays artifacts from various Native American groups from 12000 BC through 1900 AD.
Museum of Ojibwa Culture
- The museum offers indoor and outdoor exhibits demonstrating Ojibwa culture and traditions and a gift shop with native art, books and crafts. Located in St. Ignace, Michigan.
Museum of the Cherokee Indian
- Located in Cherokee, NC with museum information.
The Museum of the Southeast American Indian
- Includes information about history, culture and art. Located in Pembroke, North Carolina.
The Natick Historical Society and Museum
- Founded in 1870 and located in South Natick, MA features artifacts of Archaic and Woodland as well as Christian Indian cultures.
National Museum of the American Indian
- Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian is dedicated to the preservation, study, and exhibition of the life, languages, literature, history, and arts of Native Americans. Located in Washington, DC and Manhattan, New York.
Pawnee Indian Museum State Historic Site
- Offering an excavated Pawnee earthlodge, lodges and a walking trail the museum is located in north central Kansas near Republic.
The People's Center
- Museum presents oral histories and material culture of the Salish, Pend d'Oreille and Kootenai tribes. Located in Pablo, Montana.
Pocono Indian Museum
- Features displays of artifacts, weapons, and tools used by the Delaware Indians. Includes a gift shop and directions to the location in Bushkill, Pennsylvania.
Pueblo Grande Museum and Archaeological Park
- Located in Phoenix, Arizona and is a National Historic Landmark and the site of a Hohokam Indian ruin.
Seneca-Iroquois National Museum
- Information on museum and the history/culture of the Seneca and Iroquois. Located in Salamanca, New York.
Sequoyah Birthplace Museum
- Located in Vonore, Tennessee to display the history of the Cherokees in the southern Appalachian area.
- Museum of pre-history and history of the American Indian in the Southwest with particular emphasis on the Prescott Arizona area. With museum guide and collection information.
Three Tribes Museum
- Located in New Town, ND on the Lewis and Clark Trail, the Museum offers historical displays of the Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara. Site offers visitor information.
Tomaquag Indian Memorial Museum
- Programs and activities, classes, tours, publications and news, and directions. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island.
UBC Museum of Anthropology
- Displays of Northwest Coast art and has stories and traditions documented with photographs, maps and quotations. Located on the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC.
- Tells the story of the Saginaw Chippewa and the Great Lakes Anishinabek and has online resources with details of events, tours and collections which are located in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 9, 2015 at 5:15:08 UTC -