the entire directory
only in Museums/Cultural
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
News: Museums and Archives
Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology: Cultural Anthropology
Society: History: By Topic: Cultural History
This category in other languages:
The British Schools Museum
- Buildings tell the story of elementary education in Britain from 1810 until 1945. Includes classroom exhibits, a visitor's guide, directions and a map. Located in Hitchin, Hertfordshire.
Catalina Island Museum
- Founded in 1953 to collect, preserve and interpret the cultural heritage of the area. Includes details of exhibits, events, hours and admission. Located in Avalon, California, United States.
Culinary Archives & Museum
- Devoted to the preservation of culinary arts and hospitality history. Features cast iron ranges and stoves, American foods, menus, cookbooks. Located in Johnson and Wales University, Providence, Rhode Island.
Dublin Writers Museum
- Features a history and celebration of Irish literary life.
- Established in 1943 in a building dating from 1624 and features many exhibits concerned with the ecclesiastical history of the area. Includes a visitor's guide, photos, and a research facility. Located in Perthshire, Scotland.
Father McDyer's Folk Village
- Features a cluster of six small cottages that recreate a different era of Irish history - from the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries. Includes details of the furnishings, a craft shop and tea room, and directions to the location in Glencolmcille, County Donegal, Ireland.
Fowler Museum at UCLA
- Collections comprise more than 150,000 ethnographic and 600,000 archaeological objects representing prehistoric, historic, and contemporary cultures of Africa, Asia, Oceania, and the Americas, past and present. Includes hours and free admission. Located in Los Angeles, California.
- Features three main collections, world cultures, natural history and music. Includes details of displays, opening times, facilities and directions. Located in London, UK.
Indiana State Museum
- Explore exhibits of art, science and culture. Includes details of the galleries, an events calendar, programs, information about the Legacy Theater, memberships, and a visitor's guide. Located in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States.
International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum
- Exhibits feature history of organization from its beginning to present times. Includes opening hours, admission fees, directions. Located in Geneva, Switzerland. [French, German and English].
- Exhibits the cultural and natural history of Hawaii. Located in Hilo.
Marbles Kids Museum
- Interactive museum. Features calendar of events, information on exhibits and staff.
Mathers Museum of World Cultures
- Collections, exhibits, events, programs, and store. Located in Bloomington, Indiana.
The Museum of English Rural Life
- Reflects and records the changing face of farming and the countryside through collections of objects, archives, photographs, film and books. Includes details and a map to the location in Reading, UK.
Museum of Folklore Antwerp
- Collection of objects related to Antwerp's popular culture, with an emphasis is on the lives of ordinary people. Located in Belgium.
Museum of Northern British Columbia
- Features displays of Northwest Coast human and natural history from the end of the last ice age to the 20th Century. Includes details of exhibits, programs, fees, hours, memberships and directions. Located in Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada.
Museum of Sex
- Dedicated to the exploration of the history, evolution and cultural significance of human sexuality, advocating open discourse and striving to present to the public the best in current scholarship unhindered by self-censorship. Located in New York, New York.
National Museum of Funeral History
- A museum of 19th and 20th century funerary history in the United States. Online collections and membership information, and gift shop. Located in Houston, Texas.
Reading Public Museum
- Offers collections of art, science, and civilization, and a planetarium. Contains details of the collections, events, memberships, volunteer opportunities, hours, admission rates, and directions to the location in Reading, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Contains culture, archaeology, maritime and textile displays. Includes details of exhibits, projects, photographic archive and newsletter. Located in the UK.
Southern Food and Beverage Museum
- Nonprofit organization, dedicated to the discovery, understanding and celebration of the culinary heritage of the South, plans its opening in New Orleans, Louisiana in June, 2005. Provides membership details, press releases, and events.
The UCM Museum
- Features memorabilia, folk art, homemade inventions, a miniature animated town and gift shop. Includes hours, admission and directions. Located in Abita Springs, Louisiana.
Wick Heritage Centre
- Collection features artifacts, memorabilia and over 60,000 photographs that interpret community life. Includes details of buildings and exhibits, hours, admission and directions. Based in Caithness in Northern Scotland.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 11, 2014 at 9:35:08 UTC -