become an editor
the entire directory
only in Music/Instruments
Arts and Entertainment
Arts: Music: Instruments
Arts: Music: Musicology: Ethnomusicology: Museums
This category in other languages:
The Band Museum
- Pine Bluff, Arkansas: includes pictures of vintage and antique band instruments.
Cobbe Collection, The
- Surrey, England: Collection of historic keyboard instruments with composer connections. Recital programme.
The Collections of Musical Instruments
- The Cremonese, Wilkins, Miller, and Thai collections of the Library of Congress. Located in Washington,DC.
Empire State Theatre and Musical Instrument Museum
- Syracuse, New York; features a working Wurlitzer theater organ: includes location and membership information.
Finchcocks Living Museum of Music
- Kent, UK: Keyboard instruments from 18th and 19th centuries, chamber organs, harpsichords, virginals, spinets and clavichords.
Mandolin Melodies Museum
- Nagoya, Japan; exhibits instruments and recordings from around the world.
Museum of Musical Instruments
- Museum established in the early 1900s, largely destroyed in World War II, and rebuilt since then to provide an accurate perspective of the development of musical instruments in Europe from Renaissance up until the present day. Images and sound files of select pieces are available on site.
Music House Museum
- (Acme, MI: near Traverse City) preserves and restores mechanical musical instruments.
Musical Instrument Museum
- Displays thousands of instruments from around the world. Also provides concerts and education programs. Located in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Musical Museum
- London, England: Describes it collection of automatic mechanical musical instruments; activities; volunteer opportunities; and links.
- The Museum of Musical Instruments in Copenhagen. Information in English and Danish.
National Music Museum
- At the University of South Dakota, this collection includes instruments from virtually all cultures and historical periods.
- Offers traveling exhibits, concerts, and music courses based around a collection of baroque-era musical instruments: includes calendar of events.
- National museum (Norway) for music and musical instruments with collections from all over the world. Located at Ringve Manor in Trondheim.
Stiftelsen Musikkulturens Främjande - The Nydahl Collection
- Located in Stockholm, Sweden. Houses manuscripts, scores, letters and other music-related material; and approximately 550 old instruments, of which 75 are keyboards, dating from the 16th century up to the 1940's.
Ukulele Hall of Fame Museum
- Describes ukulele history: includes events, artists, membership information, and online shop.
Whittaker's Musical Museum
- (Waiheke Island, New Zealand) Displays and demonstrates instruments from the last 400 years.
World Of Accordions Museum
- Featuring about 1000 instruments, artifacts, a gift shop, and a library. Includes events, publications, memberships, and volunteer opportunities. Located in Superior, Wisconsin, United States.
Yale University Collection of Musical Instruments
- Holdings comprised of instruments, accessories and related items, the majority of which document the Western European and American art music tradition.
music instruments museums
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 3, 2015 at 1:09:07 UTC -