become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Crafts
Arts and Entertainment
Arts: Art History
Reference: Museums: Arts and Entertainment: Art Museums
This category in other languages:
Arts and Crafts Museum
- Features a collection of the Arts and Crafts Movement in Britain which includes furniture, pottery, silver, metalwork, jewellery, plasterwork, textiles and leatherwork. Located in Cheltenham, UK.
Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
- Museum devoted exclusively to the study of historical and contemporary design. Located in New York, the museum features applied arts and industrial design, drawings and prints, textiles, and wallcoverings.
The Craft Museum of Finland
- Covers all techniques of handicraft from house building to lace making. Located in Jyväskylä.
Crafts Council of England
- Information about exhibitions, events, and fairs. Located in London.
Crafts Study Centre
- Houses a collection of 20th-century and contemporary objects, including ceramics, textiles, wood and calligraphy, reference books, documents, photographs and crafts people's working notes. Located in The Surrey Institute of Art and Design.
- Provides exhibitions, events and a cafe. Includes details of events, workshops, news and directions to the location in Lower Hutt, New Zealand.
Estonian Museum of Applied Art and Design
- Collection, with over 13,000 exhibits, includes works of textile art, ceramics, porcelain, leather, glass, jewelry, metalwork, furniture, and product design. Includes a staff directory, hours, admission fees, and directions to location in Tallinn, Estonia.
- Native American crafts from the 19th and 20th centuries. Located in Phoenix, Arizona.
Index of American Design
- From the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC, tours of the collections of costumes, textiles, dolls, furniture, folk art, pottery, Shaker crafts, toys, woodcarving, and metalwork.
International Puppetry Museum
- Non-profit center in Southern California promotes and preserves puppetry arts. Includes details of the collection, outreach and educational programs, and membership and contact forms. Located in Pasadena, California, United States.
Mini-Time Machine Museum of Miniatures
- Over 275 miniature houses and room boxes in a collection for visitors of all ages, interests and talents. Located in Tucson, Arizona.
Mint Museum of Art
- Located in Charlotte, North Carolina, the Mint Museum of Craft and Design features objects in ceramics, glass, fiber, metal and wood. The Mint Museum of Art has diverse permanent collections and changing exhibitions of regional, national and international artists and cultures.
Museum of Arts & Design
- New York museum displays crafts by American artists. Exhibits include furnishings, glass, and jewelry.
Museum of International Masks and Puppets
- Collection includes masks and puppets, puppet theaters, folk toys and musical instruments and ancient, historical, and contemporary fine and folk art from around the world. Includes hours, admission fees, membership details, volunteer opportunities, links and directions. Located in Syracuse, New York, United States.
Museum of the Master Saddler
- Museum dedicated to the ancient craft of the saddler and harness maker, located in Corlough, Co. Cavan, Ireland. Includes photos and list of books by the curator.
Old Crafts and Toy Museum
- Displays over ninety ancient crafts,including a smithy, a clogmakers' workshop, and a farm of yesteryear. Located in Barneveld in the Netherlands. [Dutch and English]
Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show
- An annual show. Show information and an archive of photos. Located in Pennsylvania.
Precita Eyes Mural Arts and Visitors Center
- Photos of some featured murals, information about the center, classes, and tours. Located in San Francisco, California.
- Part of the National Museum of American Art in Washington, DC, the gallery features decorative arts and crafts from early America to the present.
Society for Contemporary Craft
- Exhibition and lecture schedule, membership information, and museum store. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
The Stickley Museum of Craftsman Farms
- A National Historic Landmark in Parsippany, New Jersey. Provides details of the collection, the museum shop, a calendar of events, tour schedules, and directions.
Victoria and Albert Museum
- Features the decorative arts. Founded in 1852 to support and encourage excellence in art and design, and renamed in 1899 in honour of Queen Victoria.
White House Collection of American Crafts
- This collection features seventy-two works by seventy-seven of America's leading craft artists of today. View all the pieces in the collection on the web site, divided into categories for ceramics, fiber, glass, metal, and wood. Located in Washington, DC.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 20, 2013 at 7:33:37 UTC -