become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/United_Kingdom
Arts and Entertainment
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Museums: Art Galleries
Society: Ethnicity: Celtic
Society: Ethnicity: English
Aberdeen Art Gallery and Museums
- Information on exhibitions, activities, facilities, services, and collections located in Scotland.
- London's museum of international contemporary design.
The Fitzwilliam Museum
- Collection includes antiquities, applied arts, illuminated manuscripts, and paintings by Constable, Hogarth, and Gainsborough. Located in Cambridge.
- Collections comprise furniture, textiles, paintings and objects displayed in a series of period rooms from 1600 to the present day. Includes virtual tour, educational programs, hours, map and directions. Free admission to museum and gardens. Located in London.
- Exhibits the collections of H. S. Ede, 20th century collector of art and decorative art and former curator of the Tate Gallery, London. Collection includes works by Brancusi, Wood, Moore and Miró.
Modern Art Oxford
- Innovative program of temporary exhibitions of modern and contemporary visual art including painting, sculpture, installation, photography, video, performance, film and architecture.
The National Gallery
- Houses over 2,300 paintings covering all schools of European art from the 1250 to 1900. Includes details of the galleries, hours and directions. Free admission. Located in London. [French, German, Italian, Spanish, English, Japanese, Russian].
National Portrait Gallery
- Opened in 1896. Features portraits of the most famous people in British history.
Royal Academy of Arts
- The Royal Academy's collection includes the finest examples of fine arts from the 18th century to the present. Located in London.
The Royal Scottish Academy
- Located in the Mound, Edinburgh and is the home of contemporary Scottish art. Lists member and history details, collection and exhibitions information.
The Sir John Soane's Museum
- The magnificent house and collection on the famous architect, Sir John Soane includes fine arts and antiquities. Located in London.
- Collection of international modern art from 1900 to the present day, housed in the former Bankside Power Station in North Southwark.
- Features British art from 1500 and international modern and contemporary art. Provides details on the galleries, as well as access to over 65,000 artworks and research programs and resources. Includes a visitor's guide and FAQs.
Yale Center for British Art
- Collection of English paintings, prints, drawings, rare books, and sculpture, from the Elizabethan period forward. Located in New Haven‚ Connecticut.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 15, 2015 at 6:35:07 UTC -