become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/Greece
Arts and Entertainment
Reference: Museums: Science: Archaeology: Greece
World: Greek: Τέχνες: Μουσεία
Arolithos Museum of Agricultural History and Popular Art
- Cretan handcraft (embroidery, weaving art, wood sculpture, coins, jewels), and display of agricultural and cattle breeding activities and professions. Located in Heraklion, Crete.
Atelier Spyros Vassiliou
- Features the home and studio of the late artist, now open to the public as a museum. Includes his biography, hours, exhibitions, educational programs, and guided tours. Located in Athens, Greece.
- Collections of Greek art from various time periods. Includes information on the museum and its collections, archives, publications, library, and shop. Located in Athens, Greece.
Ethnological Museum of Thrace Angela Giannakidou
- Traditional life in Thrace, from the 17th to the 20th century: clothing, copperware and pottery, textile. Located in Alexandroupolis, Greece.
The Ilias Lalaounis Jewelry Museum
- The art of jewelry and jewelry making is exhibited here, with permanent displays of the art of Athenian jewelry maker and goldsmith Ilias Lalaounis.
Manos Faltaits Museum
- Features the history and culture of Skyros Island, Greece from the post Byzantine period to the present day. Details collections and information about the island. [Greek and English]
Museum of Contemporary Art - Basil and Elise Goulandris Foundation
- Details the permanent collection, past and current exhibitions, educational programs, and round table discussions on art issues. Includes hours, admission fees, and directions to the location in Andros. [English and Greek]
Museum of Cycladic Art
- Museum devoted to the study and promotion of ancient Greek art. Founded in 1986 in order to house the collection of Cycladic and Ancient Greek art belonging to Nicholas and Dolly Goulandris. Located in Athens, Greece.
Museum of Engravings and Graphic Arts
- Holds a collection of over 3,000 engravings by Greek artists and covers the entire spectrum of modern Greek engraving. Located in Athens, Greece.
Museum of the City of Athens Vouros - Eutaxias
- History, civilisation and life of Athens (past and contemporary).
National Art Gallery and Alexandros Soutzos Museum
- Dedicated to western and Greek art, the National Gallery in Athens also contains the collection of Greek lawyer and art collector, Alexandros Soutzos.
The National Hellenic Museum
- Documents and preserves the history of the Greek immigrant and to showcase Greek-American artists. Located in Chicago, Illinois.
- Barbayannis Ouzo Distillers Ltd Greece, in Plomari, Lesvos. Learn about the history and art of manufacturing the traditional beverage of Greece.
State Museum of Contemporary Art
- Permanent exhibition of the George Costakis Russian avant-garde art Collection, at the Moni Lazariston, Thessaloniki. Temporary exhibitions, educational and research programs, international collaborations.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2014 at 10:35:10 UTC -