become an editor
the entire directory
only in Art_Museums/Asia
Arts and Entertainment
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: Arts and Entertainment: Art Museums: Asia
Reference: Museums: By Region: Asia
Society: Ethnicity: Asian
Asian Art Museum of San Francisco
- One of the largest museums in the Western world devoted to the arts and cultures of Asia. The permanent collections represent over 40 Asian countries spanning 6,000 years of history. Located in California.
- Exhibits one of the finest collections of Chinese porcelains, jades, and Japanese art treasures in Europe. Located in Geneva, Switzerland.
Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- The Arthur M. Sackler and Freer Gallery of Art: the National Museums of Asian Art at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington D.C. Well organized, easy to navigate, and includes a plethora of information.
Hanoi Museum of Fine Arts Ethnology Exhibits
- Photos of the exhibit includes clothing and other cultural displays. Located in Vietnam.
Karakalpak State Museum of Art
- Gallery presents Uzbek avant-garde of the 1920s-1930s, Russian avant-garde of the 20th century and Contemporary art of Karakalpakstan. Contains gallery and visitor information, library, publications, and news. Located at Nukus, Republic of Karakalpakstan.
Musée National des Arts Asiatiques-Guimet
- French museum of Asian art, with 50,000 works of art from 17 Asian countries. Located in Paris, France.
National Gallery of Australia: Asian Art Collection
- Works of Asian art in this collection range from Neolithic and early Metal Age ceramics from Iran, Japan, Thailand and China, to installations created in the 1990s. Located in Canberra.
National Museum of Contemporary Art, Korea
- Paintings, porcelain, and metal work with many items displayed online.
National Palace Museum, Taipei
- Exhibits a fine collection of Asian art including bronzes, lacquer ware, textiles and religious artifacts. Online exhibit includes selected works with explanatory text. Located in Taiwan.
Pacific Asia Museum
- Exhibitions, public programs, and collections featuring the arts and culture of Asia and the Pacific Islands. Located in Pasedena, California.
Peabody Essex Museum
- Collections exceed 2.4 million works of art and culture in twenty-four buildings, including the Yin Yu Tang, the only complete Qing Dynasty house located outside China. Includes a visitor's guide, programs, events, volunteerism and directions to the location in Salem, Massachusetts, United States.
Rama IX Art Museum
- Bangkok, Thailand museum of contemporary and modern art. Features numerous artists' homepages, updated art exhibitions, galleries, and news.
Singapore Art Museum
- Features the national collection of 20th century art. Site contains information on the museum's exhibitions, highlights, and calendar of events.
Taipei Fine Arts Museum
- Modern art museum specializing in artists from Taiwan, but also includes an international collection of art.
Wing Luke Asian Museum
- Founded in 1967, this affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, features exhibitions, membership, hours, admission rates, a newsletter, and a calendar of events and programs. Located in Seattle, Washington.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 22, 2012 at 7:05:06 UTC -