become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Art_Museums
Arts and Entertainment
Arts: Art History
Arts: Visual Arts
Arts: Visual Arts: Galleries: Virtual
This category in other languages:
A. E. Backus Museum and Gallery
- A public visual arts facility with displays of landscape paintings. Biographical information and directions, Located in Fort Pierce, Florida.
Allentown Art Museum
- Offering a full schedule of art exhibits, tours, galleries, lectures, workshops, and family activities in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
Armand Hammer Museum
- Permanent collections include the Armand Hammer Collection of Art which is primarily composed of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist works.
Art Gallery of Greater Victoria
- Featuring a collection of over 15,000 objets d'art from Asia, Europe and North America with primary emphasis on Canada and Japan.
The Art Institute of Chicago Museum
- Museum houses more than 300,000 works of art and includes among its treasures, American Gothic by Grant Wood, Edward Hopper's Nighthawks and 33 works by Monet.
The Baltimore Museum of Art
- Exhibits American and international art, including the Cone Collection of over 40 paintings by Matisse, Gauguin, Picasso, Van Gogh and other European artists.
Bermuda National Gallery
- Houses the national collection of European, African and Bermuda art. Exhibits include the Bermuda Biennial exhibition and changing international exhibition.
The British Museum
- Houses a vast collection of world art and artefacts, highlights of which can be viewed online. Includes visitor information, events and exhibitions programme, current research projects, gallery guides and teaching resources.
Brooklyn Museum of Art
- With one of the finest collections of Egyptian art in the world, this museum also has within its permanent collection classical and middle eastern art, art of Africa, the Americas and the Pacific, as well as decorative arts and textiles.
Carnegie Museum of Art
- Museum features a central collection of international art and additional halls of architectural art and sculpture. Located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Cheltenham Art Gallery and Museum
- Features world-renowned Arts and Crafts Movement collection, rare Chinese and English ceramics, and 300 years of painting by Dutch and British artists.
Chrysler Museum of Art
- Exhibits a collection of art works from contemporary times to ancient Egypt, located in Norfolk, Virginia.
Cincinnati Art Museum
- Founded in 1881, the museum features 88 galleries and a permanent collection of over 80,000 works of international art.
Cleveland Museum of Art
- Collection of more than 30,000 works of art ranges over 5,000 years, from ancient Egypt to the present, and includes masterpieces from Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas. Includes events, membership details, hours and a visitor's guide. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, United States.
Currier Museum of Art
- Features European and American paintings, decorative arts, photographs, sculpture and Frank Lloyd Wright's Zimmerman House. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire.
Dallas Museum of Art
- The museum's permanent collection ranges from impressionist paintings to contemporary sculpture.
Denver Art Museum
- Presents a variety of international art throughout the year including traveling exhibits and displays from the museum's permanent collection.
The Detroit Institute of Arts
- The fifth-largest fine arts museum in the United States with holdings of over 60,000 works. More than one hundred galleries featuring paintings, sculpture, and graphic and decorative arts.
East Japan Railway Culture Foundation: Tokyo Station Gallery
- Art exhibitions in part of Tokyo Central Railway Station. Past and future exhibits, hours, cost, map, and contact information.
Frye Art Museum
- Collection of 19th and 20th century American, German, and French paintings. Located in Seattle, Washington.
Gemeente Museum Den Haag
- Collections of modern art, fashion and applied arts, including ceramics from the Far, Middle and Near East. The Hague, Netherlands.
Georgia Museum of Art
- Significant resource for UGA, the state, and the southeastern region, with a permanent collection of over 7,000 objects.
Haggerty Museum of Art
- Permanent collection covers a variety of art periods and styles. Museum features a permanent exhibit of Old Masters paintings. Located at Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Hammond Museum and Japanese Stroll Garden
- A not-for-profit center for the humanities. Through programs and events, music and the arts, the Museum seeks to provide links between the East and the West.
Heckscher Museum of Art
- Permanent collection spans 15th to 20th century, European and American paintings, sculpture and works on paper. Located in Huntington, NY.
Hiroshima Museum of Art
- Mostly paintings. French painting, from the French Impressionists to the present, and Japanese works from the Meiji era to contemporary works. (Eng/Jpn)
The Hyde Collection Art Museum
- Founded by Charlotte Pruyn Hyde in 1952, the museum exhibits an important collection of European and American works of art and European antiques. Includes works by Picasso, Cezanne, Renoir, Rembrandt, Homer and Whistler.
Indiana University Art Museum
- Situated in the center of the Bloomington campus for IU, more than 35,000 artifacts such as paintings, sculptures, ceramics, and photographs are open for public viewing, for free.
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Boston museum of international art founded by collector and philanthropist Isabella Stewart Gardner.
Itami City Museum of Art (Hyogo)
- Satire and humor. Caricature prints, sculpture and paintings by Honore Daumier, William Hogarth, James Gillray, George Bigot, James Ensor, Kathe Kollwitz, Raoul Dufy, and contemporary American and Japanese artists. English and Japanese.
Kimbell Art Museum
- Fort Worth, Texas museum of international art with collections ranging from antiquities to 20th century contemporary art.
Mead Art Museum
- Includes a collection of over 14,000 works by international artists. Located at Amherst College, Amherst, Massachusetts.
Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Collections contains more than two million works of art spanning more than 5,000 years of world culture, from prehistory to the present.
Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts
- Exhibits and collects fine art by American and international artists.
Museum of Art and Archaeology
- At the University of Missouri. Images and informative text relating to permanent, special and virtual exhibitions of works of art from antiquity to the present.
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- International museum of fine art.
Nasher Museum of Art
- Permanent collection ranging from Ancient to Modern art plus changing exhibitions, programs, and scholarly publications.
National Gallery of Art
- In Washington,D.C. houses one of the finest collections in the world illustrating major achievements in painting, sculpture, and graphic arts from the Middle Ages to the present.
Nature in Art Museum
- Dedicated to art inspired by nature including artists ranging from Audubon to Picasso. Located in Twigworth, Gloucester.
New Orleans Museum of Art
- Permanent collection includes French and American art, photography, glass, African and Japanese works. Houses a sculpture garden and offers photography and decorative arts.
NMWA - The National Museum of Western Art (Tokyo)
- European paintings, sculptures, drawings and prints, from the 14th through the 20th centuries. Illustrated samples from the collections.
The Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum
- Collection emphasis on Latin American and 20th century American art.
Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Special exhibitions of international art are featured annually as well as exhibits of the Academy's collections.
Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Seeks to preserve, enhance, interpret the visual arts to a diverse audience as a source of delight, illumination, and lifelong learning.
Polk Museum of Art
- Provides an emphasis on modern and contemporary, American and European decorative arts, Asian and pre-Columbian art. Includes details of collections, events, calendar, programs, admission, hours, FAQs, membership, employment and volunteer opportunities, and directions. Located in Lakeland, Florida.
Portland Art Museum
- The oldest art museum in the Pacific Northwest houses a permanent collections of European and American art as well as a fine collection of English silver.
Princeton University Art Museum
- Permanent collections range from antiquities to contemporary art and focus primarily on works by American, European and Latin American artists.
Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts
- With over 1,200 examples of fine and decorative arts, the centre is also home to the UEA collection of Abstract and Constructivist Art and Design.
Saint Louis Art Museum
- Collection spans the centuries from ancient Egypt to the present.
Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art
- Features African, ancient American, Asian, contemporary, modern and Oceanic paintings, sculpture, ceramics and photography. Includes exhibition schedule, calendar of events, membership information, hours and directions. Located on the University of Florida campus in Gainesville.
San Diego Museum of Art
- Features American and international art. Includes the latest events and programs at the museum.
Santa Barbara Museum of Art
- Collections include ancient art, French and English 19th and early 20th century art, 19th and early 20th Century American art, international modernism, photography, and contemporary art.
Shizuoka Prefectural Museum of Art
- Paintings and sculptures, European as well as Japanese, mostly 19th and 20th century. The Rodin wing contains pre- and post-Rodin works, as well as a major collection of Rodin.
- Composed of sixteen museums and galleries, the National Zoo, and numerous research facilities in the United States and abroad.
Springfield Museum of Art
- Museum has a permanent collection of works by 19th and 20th century American and European artists.
The State Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Formerly the homes of tsars, the five buildings which comprise the Hermitage now house one of the finest art collections in the world. Site offers a virtual tour, on-line exhibitions and a digital collection of high resolution art images.
UVU Woodbury Art Museum
- Provides exhibitions from local and national levels, as well as educational programs and an art resource library. Provides details of exhibits, events, hours, and directions to the location in Orem, Utah.
Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art
- Founded in 1842 and featuring collection of American and European paintings, sculpture and decorative arts. Collection highlights, exhibits and program information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 26, 2014 at 6:34:37 UTC -