become an editor
the entire directory
only in Library_and_Information_Science/Weblogs
Library and Information Science
Computers: Internet: On the Web: Weblogs
Reference: Libraries: Library and Information Science: Journals
Science: News and Media: Weblogs
This category in other languages:
- Book news from Stephanie Davidson, law librarian.
Adventures of an InfoMage in Training
- Library news from the Pacific Northwest and tidbits about Darci Chapman's adventures in grad school.
- Knowledge management and information architecture topics covered by Anders Jacobsen.
- An annoyed librarian rants about the state of librarianship.
- Weblog dedicated to archiving. Also available in Dutch and German.
- News for information science education and mentoring for library school graduates.
- Comments and links from Betsy Vera.
- Chronicle of a freshly-minted MLS learning the ropes at a tiny West Texas college library.
Blog of a Bookslut
- Bookslut's editor-in-chief, Jessa Crispin, provides links and commentary for those who love to read.
- Susan Herzog, university librarian, provides a scholarly introduction to weblogs and assembles an annotated bibliography of articles, essays, books, presentations and studies about them.
- News from Lou Rosenfeld, pioneer of information architecture.
- Breaking book news from the BookBitch.
- News and links focused on books, bookbinding, and the future of reading technology.
- Links and moments from the life of Jennifer, a young information specialist.
- Library cataloging issues and related topics.
- A miscellany of links, library news and observations, such as interesting names, unusual titles and quotations. Accompanied by some original articles on books and reading.
Caveat Lector - Reader Beware
- Librarian has lots to say.
- Saving the world daily through information.
Christina's Library Rant
- Christina Pikas, a sci/tech librarian, discusses topics of interest to the library world.
Conan the Librarian's Journal
- Stories of unintelligent people in the public library.
Confessions of a Mad Librarian
- Weblog addressing LIS issues by a soon-to-graduate LIS student.
Confessions of a Science Librarian
- York University's John Dupuis provides links and information of interest to academic science librarians.
- News and notes about libraries in rural areas.
The Days & Nights of the Lipstick Librarian!
- Diary of a librarian fashionista.
- RAHarris' journal of library school, digital libraries, and related issues.
The Digital Librarian
- Commentary about digital services to bring people to digital libraries.
The Distant Librarian
- Comments on the world of distance librarianship.
- Links, commentary, and other musings by a serials cataloger.
- News, technology, services and resources of interest to engineering librarians, from Catherine Lavallée-Welch at the University of Louisville.
- Morgan Wilson, academic law librarian, covers information overload, disintermediation, preserving analog information rights and search techniques.
- A cross of libraries, culture, law, politics and the internet.
faster than light
- Journal of a subversive librarian in training.
- A foxy public librarian blogs about life in a large urban city by the bay.
Free Range Librarian
- Karen Schneider's meditations about librarianship and any other issue that interests her.
Freedom of Information Act Blog
- News, views and updates on the UK Freedom of Information Act and FOI overseas from Steve Wood, Lecturer in Information Management at Liverpool John Moores University.
- Moderate conservative writes about politics, librarianship, and other topics of interest.
The In Season Christian Librarian
- Providing information about resources and news by and for Christian Librarians, primarily those in Christian academic institutions.
- Explores the world of information architecture, library science and technology.
Information Literacy Librarian
- An exploration of Information Literacy Instruction theory and practices.
The Invisible Web Weblog
- Yazdan Mansourian discusses everything about the Invisible Web and Information Invisibility on the Web.
- Thoughts on journalism, librarianship and blogging from a news librarian at a prestigious American university.
- Central Ohio Reference Librarian Jay Kegley shares his web findings.
The Kept-Up Academic Librarian
- Steven Bell helps academic librarians "keep up" with news and developments in higher education.
- Insights and essays from a medical librarian for a hospital in the USA.
The Laughing Librarian
- Links, news and humor from Brian Smith.
Law Librarian Blog
- Information and news for the law librarian.
Leah's Law Library Weblog
- Legal news and commentary by Leah Sandwell-Weiss, reference librarian at the University of Arizona Law Library.
- A weblog covering law, librarianship, research, and technology.
- Melissa Zogby's political and research observations.
Librarian on the Edge
- Thoughts about library science, information science and the web revolution by an academic systems librarian.
- Links to pertinent alternative web sites of interest, presented by Jessamyn West.
- Personal weblog which covers library issues and life at home.
- News stories for technology-minded librarians.
- A forum for media specialists and librarians in the school and public libraries featuring discussion, stories and information.
The Library Ass
- A weblog dedicated to the library assistant, the librarian's overworked apprentice.
- Thoughts of Dan Greene on Library and Information Science, Information Technology, web design, life, religion and perhaps monks.
Library School Blues
- Journal of Sarah Mae, UCLA library school student.
- Daily library "stuff" dedicated to resources for keeping current and professional development, by Steven M. Cohen.
Library Technology Musings
- Lori provides hopes, dreams, wild ideas and practical solutions for libraries.
Library Web Chic
- Resource for librarians who are interested in the application of web design and technologies in libraries.
Library Writer's Blog
- Source to help librarians identify publishing and presentation opportunities in library and information science, as well as other related fields.
- Mary Minow writes about issues concerning libraries and the law - with latitude to discuss any other interesting issues.
- "Inspiration for library communicators." Thoughts on public relations, communications, and marketing.
Life of Books
- This is dedicated to discussing the future of libraries in the "digital age" and discussing printed books as a viable information technology. It is managed by Professor Richard Leiter of the University of Nebraska
- Weblog of a systems librarian at a small public library in a large town in Massachusetts.
Lost in the stacks
- The adventures and misadventures of Jess Webb.
- Chronicling the reference situations presented during an internship at NPR.
The Medium is the Message
- Library, technology, and information thoughts and trends (with respect to Marshall McLuhan). A weblog by Eric Schnell.
- Medical library links.
The Misadventures of Super_Librarian
- The weblog of Wendy, a mild-mannered, Midwestern public librarian and fervent book junkie.
- Alternative guide to new books, magazines, and music.
- Ben Toth, Head of Knowledge Management at the National Health Service Information Authority, discusses digital libraries in the NHS.
Notes from the Mystery Department
- Thoughts on being a new librarian by Erica Olsen at Cornell University.
One New Thing
- Weblog of Lynette Reville, a new librarian in Australia, who is on a library-like quest to find One New Thing to learn every day.
Open Access News
- News from the free online scholarship movement.
Peter Scott's Library Blog
- Weblog of a compiler of the first hypertext index of Internet resources-Hytelnet and librarian stuff.
Phil Bradley's Blog
- Links and news for librarians and people interested in search engines, searching the net, design issues and general whitterings and rants.
The Playful Antiquarian
- Explores children's literature, printing and paper history, rare books, and related topics.
Rambling Librarian - Incidental Thoughts
- Weblog of librarian Ivan Chew who works in Singapore.
Real Public Librarian
- Public librarian from a small coastal community in Australia shares thoughts and ideas about public libraries.
- Highlights and lowlights of days working at the Reference Desk, split into morning and afternoon sections. Archives available.
- News and information about search engines, databases, and various info-piles, provided by Tara Calishain.
- Frequent news, search tips, and new resources for information professionals.
- News links and musings about school library media centers, information literacy, reading, and technology in education.
The SciTech Library Question (STLQ)
- Randy Reichardt at the University of Alberta posts items of interest to engineering and scitech librarians.
- Issues and technology related to the acquisition and cataloging of print and digital serial publications.
The Shifted Librarian
- Library weblog intent on "making librarians more portable" from Jenny Levine
- The author's experiences in library school, and the public and university libraries where she works.
Tales from the "Liberry"
- A small town West Virginia library employee's quest to remain sane while dealing with patrons who could often double as extras in a David Lynch film, not to mention dealing with life in general.
- Ambivalent librarian writes mostly about her work.
- Maintained by an information services librarian in an academic library who shares thoughts on how to make the most of educational opportunities with students.
- News and commentary from a digital libraries advocacy site.
Threnody for the Public Domain
- Tracking the current state of copyright and related issues.
Tom Roper's Weblog
- A weblog on librarianship, among other things, by a UK medical/veterinary librarian.
- Journal of Colorado librarian, trainer and writer Michael Sauers.
User Education Resources for Librarians
- Topics and issues: user education, distance education support, e-learning support, librarianship, and information access. This weblog is maintained by Teresa Hartman, MLS.
Vancouver Law Librarian Blog
- Points of interest to the West Coast law librarian. Highlighted sources on KM, web development, and law library management.
The Well Dressed Librarian
- Celebrity librarian-at-large offers advice and commentary on etiquette, fashion, and the proper behavior of librarians and their customers.
- Chronicles of a recent MLIS graduate seeking employment.
Infotoday.com - Why and How to Use Blogs to Promote Your Library's Services
- Defines weblog, gives examples of libraries publishing them, and gives guidelines and checklists for those contemplating doing the same. Offers a few links for further reading. (November 01, 2003)
The Aardvark Speaks
- Commentary from Horst Prillinger, librarian at the Vienna University Library. [RSS]
Adventures of an InfoMage in Training
- Library news from the Pacific Northwest and tidbits about Darci Chapman's adventures in grad school. [RSS]
- Daily library "stuff", by Steven M. Cohen. [RSS]
The Medium is the Message
- Library, technology, and information thoughts and trends (with respect to Marshall McLuhan). A weblog by Eric Schnell [Atom]
SMOTU: Secret Masters of the Universe
- A weblog containing the musings of a serials cataloguer on technology and management as well as serials cataloguing, metadata, and the future of the profession. [Atom]
The Young Librarian
- Chronicles of a recent MLIS graduate seeking employment. [Atom]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 20, 2016 at 7:05:08 UTC -