become an editor
the entire directory
only in User_Services/Information_Literacy
Library and Information Science
Open Directory - Reference: Libraries: Library and Information Science: User Services: Information Literacy
Reference: Education: Instructional Technology: Evaluation: Web Site Evaluation
Reference: Libraries: Library and Information Science: User Services: Library Instruction
Science: Science in Society: Skeptical Inquiry: Critical Thinking
Society: Issues: Education: Literacy: Information Literacy
'Library Guy' Keith Stanger's Home Port
- Resources for information discovery and evaluation provided by Keith Stanger, 'Library Guy', an Eastern Michigan University librarian.
21st Century Information Fluency Project
- Designed to train users in the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary to fully understand Information Fluency. Focuses on teaching people how to locate, evaluate, and integrate digital information.
ACRL Instruction Section
- A collection of resources primarily about the practice of teaching information literacy. Of note are pages about computer classroom control systems, textbooks for information literacy courses, and examples of best practices.
ACRL's Institute for Information Literacy (IIL)
- An initiative to assist librarians in becoming information literacy teachers, leaders and advocates. The 4.5 day "Immersion" program is described. A selection of advocacy resources and readings for new instruction librarians are included.
ALA.org - Characteristics of Programs of Information Literacy that Illustrate Best Practices
- Attempts to articulate elements of exemplary information literacy programs for undergraduate students at four-year and two-year institutions.
Big6: The Big6 Skills Information Problem-Solving Approach
- The Big6 Model is one approach to teaching information literacy skills.
Bringing Instructional Activities under an Information Literacy Umbrella
- Article describes ways that information literacy can be placed within the higher education curriculum.
Building Information Literacy
- Subtitled "Strategies for Developing Informed Decision-Makers and Independent Lifelong Learners," this site provides practical guidelines and examples for school librarians and teachers for implementing information literacy in schools (K -12). Includes a description of the learning process for various ages, example lesson plans and projects.
A Collaborative Approach to Information Literacy in the Freshman Seminar
- This article discusses the collaboration between the Libraries and the Freshman Seminar Program at Washington State University. Many goals related to information literacy competencies as defined by the library and higher education associations are met through this partnership. The librarians have an active role with the seminars and also take part in the peer facilitator training process.
Computer Skills for Information Problem-Solving: Learning and Teaching Technology in Context
- Article on how instructors can teach problem and information literacy skills to students when they are using technology.
DOT@MAC (Digital Online Tutorial at McMaster University)
- Self-paced, interactive tutorial for information literacy designed to develop information and research skills.
Enhancing Information Literacy: A Practical Exemplar
- This case-study outlines a teaching partnership between library and academic staff at the University of Waikato. It describes the strategies adopted to develop greater student information literacy and knowledge of source materials; and demonstrates the inter-relationship between student assignments and library resourcing. Both achievements and areas of difficulty are discussed.
Information literacy - Wikipedia
- Encyclopedia article on information literacy. Includes definition, history, and list of references.
Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education
- Discusses creating a new information literacy program or assessing an existing one.
Information Literacy in a Nutshell
- Brief guide provides an introduction to the concept of information literacy and model information literacy programs aimed at faculty.
Information Literacy Instruction in Higher Education
- Learn about information literacy and how it is being taught in higher education.
Information Literacy Land of Confusion
- Commentary about libraries, library instruction, and information literacy by Michael Lorenzen at Central Michigan University.
Information Literacy Program
- University of Louisville program that addresses information literacy issues.
Information Literacy Resources
- Annotated list of resources on the Web relating to information literacy. It is divided into several helpful categories.
Information Literacy Toolkit: Meeting the Challenge of a Large Research University
- Article examines the results of an information literacy program at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
Information Literacy: Learning How to Learn
- Article which examines how information literacy is teaching students how to learn to learn.
Information Literacy: The Web is not an Encyclopedia
- Provides a list of guidelines to help users to identify internet-based resources of value to meet their information needs.
Instruction and Training at University of Oregon Libraries
- Describes opportunities for students, faculty and staff to become familiar with the libraries' spaces and services, improve research skills, learn about technology, and investigate the information environment.
- Lists important conferences for information literacy professionals. Notable links include a listing of information literacy course syllabi, guides for writing library assignments, and sites about electronic library classrooms.
The National Forum on Information Literacy
- A source about information literacy including: What is information literacy? Why it is important? How can I teach it? Who is doing it? And where can I read more?
Paths to Understanding
- This article discusses the information-seeking behavior of students in a large urban university and the impact that behavior can have on the development and delivery of instructional and reference services.
Project Information Literacy
- Project about early adults and their information-seeking behaviors offers a list of publications, the people involved, and videos.
Project SAILS: Standardized Assessment of Information Literacy Skills
- Ongoing Kent State project to create a standardized test that measures students' information literacy skills and serves as an assessment tool for Information Literacy programs. Related bibliographies and web resources are included.
Promoting Health Information Literacy
- Article from Academic Exchange Quarterly which discusses ways that librarians can collaborate with health science faculty to teach information literacy to students.
S.O.S for Information Literacy
- Multimedia resource for educators, that promises to make a significant contribution to enhancing the teaching of information literacy skills to children.
Seven Faces of Information Literacy in Higher Education
- Describes how information literacy is "experienced by those who use information." Addresses information-seekers conception of information literacy.
Wikinfo - Information Literacy
- Encyclopedia article which examines and defines the concept of information literacy.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 8, 2013 at 14:59:46 UTC -