become an editor
the entire directory
only in Metadata/MARC
Library and Information Science
- Library of Congress Network Development and MARC Standards Office. Includes: general information, MARC documentation, MARC Advisory Committee, MARC SGML, records and systems, and software and utilities.
Bibliographic Formats and Standards
- An exhaustive guide to the MARC standard from OCLC.
Book Cataloger's Cheat-Sheet
- A fast guide to cataloguing an item in MARC format. Provides a concise guide to abbreviations and field tags used.
MARC 21 Standards
- Serves as the common standard for the exchange of machine-readable authority, bibliographic, classification, and holdings data in Canada. Includes news and announcements, CAN/MARC documentation, MARC Records Distribution Service (MRDS).
MARC Specialized Tools
- Provides links to MARC vendors who market specialized tools that provide enhanced usability to MARC 21 records and systems. Includes both commercial and free tools.
MARC.pm : Machine Readable Cataloging Perl Module
- A free Perl module for processing MARC records.
- Free windows based MARC editing tool, that provides methods for converting MARC to text, Text to MARC, MARC to XML and MARC to Dublin Core.
- Stanford University's Lane Medical Library details its experiment in using XML instead of MARC to organize its catalog data.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 29, 2015 at 13:15:06 UTC -