become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cataloguing/Metadata
Library and Information Science
Open Directory - Reference: Libraries: Library and Information Science: Technical Services: Cataloguing: Metadata
Electronic Archives Interoperability
Encoded Archival Description
Meta-Object Facility Information
Text Encoding Initiative
Computers: Data Formats
Reference: Knowledge Management: Knowledge Representation: Semantic Web
This category in other languages:
Adobe Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP)
- Background information and a technical specification for this metadata format.
Digital Libraries: Metadata Resources
- IFLA collection of Internet metadata resources.
EServer TC Library: Metadata
- A collection of rated, reviewed online resources in cataloguing.
EuroCRIS CERIF Task Group
- Task Group maintaining and developing Common European Research Information Format Metadata and database format. First published and supported by European Commission for research and scientific data sharing and exchange.
- Describes a metadata project focused on creating an easy-to-use and flexible tool for access to official and other statistical data.
Index Data LLC
- Specializes in the design and development of advanced software for information management and retrieval applications. Uses Z39.50, Dublin Core and XML.
- Provides an introduction and internet resources on metadata for the small library.
- An annotated Scalable Vector Graphic showing metadata standards, sets, and initiatives.
- Cory Doctorow's seven arguments against metadata.
Metadata Architecture and Application Team (MAAT)
- Includes MAAT news, introduction, activities, and metadata resources.
Metadata Research Center (MRC)
- The University of North Carolina School of Information and Library (SILS) Metadata Research Center has been established to advance research in the area of metadata, semantics and ontologies.
Metadata at W3C
- Metadata research at the World Wide Web Consortium.
Metadata projects, resources, workshops
- European Commission: Telematics for Libraries.
Resource Guide to Metadata
- Reference to metadata standards for scientific, research, and education information. Describes ontologies for science.
SSD (Simple Storefront Distribution)
- A web content distribution method used by E-Commerce websites to share catalog data in a format easily interpreted by computer software. SSD is an XML 1.0 based markup language modeled after the RSS 2.0 specification.
The Publishing Requirements for Industry Standard Metadata (PRISM) Specification
- Defines an XML metadata vocabulary for managing, aggregating, post-processing, multi-purposing and aggregating magazine and mainstream journal content. PRISM is defined by a working group of IDEAlliance, a publishing industry association.
- Resources from the UK Office for Library and Information Networking
University of Queensland: An Introduction to Metadata
- Detailed explanation of metadata, schema and elements, in a FAQ format. Includes related links.
Visual Resources Association
- Non-profit organization for advancing knowledge, research, and education in the field of visual information resources. Features newsletter, conferences, contacts and membership details.
Advanced Meta Data Architecture
- David Marco. Architectural challenges that arise with implementing a meta data repository that requires more advanced functionality. (August 01, 2000)
XML: Metadata For the Rest of Us.
- By Jeffery Veen. Wired Magazine. Includes an interview with Tim Bray. (August 08, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, June 6, 2011 11:37:03 AM EDT -