become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cataloguing/Metadata
Library and Information Science
Electronic Archives Interoperability
Encoded Archival Description
Meta-Object Facility Information
Text Encoding Initiative
Computers: Data Formats
Reference: Knowledge Management: Knowledge Representation: Semantic Web
This category in other languages:
Adobe Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP)
- Background information and a technical specification for this metadata format.
Agricultural Metadata Element Set
- The AgMES project promotes the use of metadata in description of all document-like information objects in the domain of agriculture. It is an extension of the Dublin Core element set.
- Official home for documents, presentations and other resources related to the Canadian Core Learning Object Metadata Application Profile. The CanCore Profile is intended to facilitate the interchange of records describing educational resources and the discovery of these resources both in Canada and beyond its borders.
EServer TC Library: Metadata
- A collection of rated, reviewed online resources in cataloguing.
EuroCRIS CERIF Task Group
- Task Group maintaining and developing Common European Research Information Format Metadata and database format. First published and supported by European Commission for research and scientific data sharing and exchange.
Index Data LLC
- Specializes in the design and development of advanced software for information management and retrieval applications. Uses Z39.50, Dublin Core and XML.
- Cory Doctorow's seven arguments against metadata.
Metadata Architecture and Application Team (MAAT)
- Includes MAAT news, introduction, activities, and metadata resources.
Metadata at W3C
- Metadata research at the World Wide Web Consortium.
Metadata projects, resources, workshops
- European Commission: Telematics for Libraries.
Metadata Research Center (MRC)
- The University of North Carolina School of Information and Library (SILS) Metadata Research Center has been established to advance research in the area of metadata, semantics and ontologies.
- An annotated Scalable Vector Graphic showing metadata standards, sets, and initiatives.
- Provides an introduction and internet resources on metadata for the small library.
PRISM Metadata Initiative
- Defines an XML metadata vocabulary for managing, aggregating, post-processing, multi-purposing and aggregating magazine and mainstream journal content. PRISM is defined by a working group of IDEAlliance, a publishing industry association.
Public Broadcasting Metadata Dictionary (PBCore)
- Designed to provide for television, radio and Web activities a standard way of describing and using data. This allows content to be more easily retrieved and shared.
Resource Guide to Metadata
- Reference to metadata standards for scientific, research, and education information. Describes ontologies for science.
SSD (Simple Storefront Distribution)
- A web content distribution method used by E-Commerce websites to share catalog data in a format easily interpreted by computer software. SSD is an XML 1.0 based markup language modeled after the RSS 2.0 specification.
- Resources from the UK Office for Library and Information Networking
Visual Resources Association
- Non-profit organization for advancing knowledge, research, and education in the field of visual information resources. Features newsletter, conferences, contacts and membership details.
Advanced Meta Data Architecture
- David Marco. Architectural challenges that arise with implementing a meta data repository that requires more advanced functionality. (August 01, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 16, 2015 at 11:12:03 UTC -