become an editor
the entire directory
only in Classification/Subject-Specific_Schemes
Library and Information Science
Open Directory - Reference: Libraries: Library and Information Science: Technical Services: Cataloguing: Classification: Subject-Specific Schemes
Alpha-Numeric System for Classification of Recordings (ANSCR)
- Outlines the major categories of the ANSCR classification system and provides a brief explanation of the call number composition. ANSCR is the system used by many public and academic libraries for the arrangement of sound recordings.
The Art and Architecture Thesaurus Browser
- A controlled vocabulary that can be used to improve access to cultural heritage information in the global networked environment. The AAT is a vocabulary of nearly 120,000 terms for describing objects, textural materials, images, architecture and material culture from antiquity to the present.
Mathematical Subject Classification
- A detailed outline of the classification scheme used by the American Mathematical Society for papers on mathematical subjects.
Medical Subject Headings
- The Medical Subject Headings comprise the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary used for indexing articles, for cataloging books and other holdings, and for searching MeSH-indexed databases, including MEDLINE. Changes in 1999 MeSH; MeSH files available for download, MeSH publications ordering information, MeSH Browser, MeSH Staff biographies and email addresses, and suggestions for MeSH vocabulary.
NLM (National Library of Medicine) Classification
- Covers the field of medicine and related sciences. Designed to enable integration into an LCC environment, it utilizes schedules QS-QZ and W-WZ, permanently excluded from the LC Classification Schedules.
Physics and Astronomy Classification Scheme (PACS)
- A subject-specific, hierarchical classification scheme prepared by the American Institute of Physics (AIP) in collaboration with certain other members of the International Council on Scientific and Technical Information (ICSTI). The site provides the 1996, 1998, and 1999 versions, browsable on-line, or downloadable in PDF, text, or WordPerfect format.
Preservation Descriptors & Classification Schemes
- Classification schema related to preservation, drawn from a number of sources, including LISA, ERIC, Art Index, Applied Science and Technology Index, and seven others.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 30, 2007 at 13:33:51 UTC -