become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cataloguing/Classification
Library and Information Science
Bliss Bibliographic Classification
Library of Congress
Reference: Knowledge Management: Knowledge Retrieval: Classification
- Explains how book numbers (also called item numbers) combine with collection numbers and class numbers to form call numbers.
Broad System of Ordering (BSO)
- A modern machine-held classification system embracing all fields of knowledge, useful as an aid to subject searching on the Internet or on any large information system covering the whole span of knowledge.
- General information about classification types and systems for small libraries.
- Yahoo!Group for discussion of practices and theory of faceted classification.
How to Make a Faceted Classification and Put It On the Web
- Academic paper discussing methods of creating faceted classifications of small to medium-sized sets for websites.
Lexical and Classification Resources
- Offers dictionaries, thesauri, classification schemes, and related matter primarily of use to those managing preservation libraries, and imaging projects.
Using Library Classification Schemes for Internet Resources
- by Diane Vizine-Goetz of the OCLC Office of Research. An OCLC Internet Cataloging Project Colloquium position paper. "To determine how well library classification systems compare to Internet classifications in terms of general topic coverage, categories 1-10 and 35-45 of Yahoo's 50 most popular categories were compared to DDC and LCC."
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 24, 2013 at 11:15:05 UTC -