become an editor
the entire directory
only in Subject_Specialties/Youth-Children
Library and Information Science
Open Directory - Reference: Libraries: Library and Information Science: Subject Specialties: Youth-Children
Young Adult Literature
Arts: Education: Language Arts: Reading Instruction: Articles
Business: Publishing and Printing: Publishing: Books: Children
Reference: Education: Early Childhood: Subjects: Language Arts: Literature
This category in other languages:
Amelia Bloomer Project:
- Recommended books that embody feminist principles and the fight for the freedom of self, body, mind, and spirit. Titles have been selected for readers from birth through age 18. Sponsored by the Feminist Task Force of the Social Responsibilities Round Table of the American Library Association. Lists are available in PDF or HTML format.
Authors Among Us: Librarians as Children's Writers
- A database of library professionals who are authors of published, forthcoming, and not-yet-published books for children and young adults.
BayNews Storytime Ideas
- Thematic storytime ideas with suggested books, activities, and crafts.
Becoming Digital: Policy Implications for Library Youth Services
- An examination of issues surrounding the digitization of library services for children and young adults. [PDF]
Children's Literature in a Time of National Tragedy
- A full-text ERIC Digest that examines how literature can be used to explain the events of September 11th to children.
Connecting Young Adults and Libraries
- Supplement to the book of the same name. Includes links and resources of interest to those serving youth in libraries.
Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Library Web Page
- Details about planning an "Afternoon Adventures with Dungeons and Dragons" program at the library. Includes instructions for ordering a free "Afternoon Adventures" kit and downloadable documents to support the program.
Dígame un cuento/Tell Me a Story: Bilingual Library Programs for Children and Families
- A guide for developing English-Spanish library activities for toddlers through young adults and families. Based on material from the 2001 and 2002 Texas Reading Club Manual.
Guidelines for Children's Library Services
- A global guide designed to help public libraries around the world develop services for children and young adults. Prepared by the Libraries for Children and Young Adults Section of the International Federation of Library Associations. [PDF]
Juvenile Series and Sequels
- A database of easy reader, children's, and young adult series books. Organized by series, title, subject, and author. A readers' advisory service of the Mid-Continent Public Library.
KDL Youth Newsletter
- A monthly youth services newsletter created by staff at Kent District (Michigan) Library. Includes information about early literacy, books, music, Web resources, and professional development. [PDF]
The Librarian's Guide to Anime and Manga
- An overview of the genres, resources for selecting, and special considerations for libraries. Includes a list of recommended titles.
Library Latchkey Children
- Full-text ERIC Digest report about how children spend their after-school hours at the public library.
The Libri Foundation
- A nationwide non-profit organization which donates new children's books to small, rural public libraries in the United States. Includes fundraising ideas, application and donation information, and a wishlist of books.
Mother Goose Time Pathfinder
- Resources and recommended materials for planning "books and babies" programs in the public library.
Nancy J. Keane's Children's Literature Webpage
- Booktalks, reading recommendations, book reviews, and general information about children's literature.
- Suggestions for recommending books to gifted children.
Proof of the Power
- Full-text ERIC Digest about the impact of school library media programs on the academic achievement of U.S. public school students.
Public Library Services for Home Schooling
- An ERIC Digest article about the different ways that public libraries can serve home schooled students and their home schooling parents.
PUBYAC: Public Libraries, Young Adults, and Children
- A discussion list about the practical aspects of children's and young adult services in public libraries. Topics are focused on programming ideas, outreach, literacy, censorship and policy issues, collection development, administrative considerations, job openings, and professional development. Requires registration.
School Librarian Web Pages
- Collection of web pages created or maintained by school librarians. Includes information about school libraries for personal and professional use.
Services and Resources for Children and Young Adults in Public Libraries
- Results of a study on the various kinds of public library services and resources available for children and young adults. Commissioned by the United States Department of Education, Office of Library Programs, and released in 1995.
Superiorland Preview Center
- Children's book reviews and collection development guidance for small- and medium-sized public libraries and school media centers serving children and youth from preschool to grade 12. Emphasis is on the geography, wildlife, folklore, industry, recreation, native and immigration populations, and authors of the Great Lakes region of the United States.
- Online community for librarians who work with teenagers in public or school settings. Includes news, resources, message board, chat, and links.
Young Adult Librarian's Help/Homepage
- Resource page listing resources for young adult librarians including journals, associations, and literature.
Usenet rec.arts.books.childrens -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2014 at 22:06:25 UTC -