become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/Federated_Searching
Library and Information Science
Computers: Data Formats: Markup Languages: XML
News: Personalized News: Desktop Software
Reference: Libraries: Library and Information Science: Technical Services: Cataloguing: Metadata: Z39.50
Cengage Learning: General OneFile
- A meta-search management system with overview and tour.
- Information on the reference linking service using Digital Object Identifiers (DOI).
- Provides integrated access. News and information from Endeavor Information Systems.
Federated Search Engines and Link Resolvers
- A weblog with progress reports, from the University of Pretoria.
- The Ex Libris library portal. Includes features list and other resources.
- Java-enabled, hub-based, metasearch engine by Peter and Kate Noerr. Demonstrations and background information.
- Product information on the Z39.50 search engine from OCLC PICA.
In Defense of Stupid Users
- Article on federated search engines by Todd Miller, president of WebFeat. [Library Journal] (March 15, 2005)
The Truth About Federated Searching
- Reviews five common misconceptions about federated searching services. [Information Today] (October 01, 2003)
List of Portal Application Functionalities for the Library of Congress
- Requirements list for federated searching products, similar to a RFP (request for proposal) vendor format. From the Library of Congress Portals Applications Issues Group (LCPAIG). [PDF] (July 15, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 29, 2014 at 17:15:08 UTC -