become an editor
the entire directory
only in Library_and_Information_Science/Software
Library and Information Science
Computers: Software: Information Retrieval
Recreation: Collecting: Books: Software
This category in other languages:
Access-It Software Ltd.
- Library automation program designed for schools and small businesses with both Macintosh and Windows platforms.
Acumen & Scope e-Library
- from Functional Solutions is WEB based Library Automation software - z39.50 compliant, RFID enabled.
ADLIB Information Systems
- Specializes in library management systems and software; archive and records management systems; document management and control systems; membership systems and image database applications.
Andrew Osborne's Library Automation Pages
- Offering information to systems librarians on a variety of library systems and vendors.
- Suppliers of library automation software, electronic content management, and electronic publishing solutions, including thelibrarycard.net.
Autolib Library and Information Management Systems
- Web-enabled library systems, based on XML technology, that operate over an intranet and/or the internet. Ideal for educational, corporate or highly specialised resource centres.
Automation Trends: ARL Libraries
- Listing of systems used by member libraries.
Bailey Solutions Ltd.
- Developers of PenLib, KnowAll, Konduct and PenWeb integrated library management systems, built on Microsoft Access and SQL.
- Vendor that provides software for digital collections for library consortia.
Book Systems, Inc.
- Library automation software developer, library cataloging services, data conversion, MARC record support, z39.50 modules, and other library automation software add-ons.
- Software package allows the user to search hundreds of library databases via the Internet and capture MARC records using the Z39.50 protocol. Free evaluation is available.
Cadomel Library Management Systems
- UK supplier of library automation systems for school and other small libraries, including barcode labels and scanners.
CDS/ISIS Database Software
- Micro CDS/ISIS is an advanced non-numerical information storage and retrieval software developed by UNESCO since 1985.
Church Related Online Software Systems (CROSS Systems)
- Library 1.7 online cataloging automation software for books, videos, tapes, CDs; and Inventory 1.3 asset management and tracking for clergy, churches, schools, businesses, and personal applications. Windows 3.x/9x/NT.
- Reserves management system, with information and free download.
Digital Library eXtension Service
- A suite of tools developed at the University of Michigan to provide the foundation and the framework for educational and non-profit institutions to fully develop their digital library collections.
Elvis Digital Library (ElvisDL)
- ElvisDL is an open-source e-Library with semantics based on a J2EE platform and XML database.
EOS International Library Automation
- Library automation software and knowledge management for libraries.
- Open-source ILS currently being developed by the Georgia Public Library Service. Includes background information about the project, relevant links, a regularly updated progress weblog, documentation, and links to mailing lists and downloads.
- Provider of library automation solutions, offering a product suite for the discovery, management, and distribution of all materials—print, electronic, and digital.
Fedora: Flexible Extensible Digital Object and Repository Architecture
- Fedora is a general-purpose, open-source digital object repository system.
- Offers library automation software, library cataloging services, union catalog, data conversion, MARC records, Winnebago Spectrum, Athena, reading programs, scanners, WebManager.
Geac Library Solutions
- Library management software from Vubis.
- Greenstone is a suite of open-source software for building and distributing digital library collections.
- iBookshelf is an open-source application for cataloging your book collection and designing bookshelves based on this data. It supports ISBN entry using a CueCat, a standard barcode scanner, or manual entry. Book data is automatically fetched from Amazon Web services. Manual book entry is possible for non-cataloged books.
Innovative Interfaces Inc.
- Information about Millennium, a Web and Java library system.
- Information about the Heritage Library Management System.
- Katipo develops and supports open-source applications for libraries, notably Koha ILS and Kea Content Management.
KLAS, Keystone Library Automation System
- Provides full service software, hardware, and support solutions for library automation. KLAS is a fully integrated solution applicable to many types of libraries, particularly those serving geographically diverse patron communities.
Knowledge Integration Ltd.
- Knowledge Integration Ltd. create and maintain open-source software for information and resource sharing--particularly those found in the library automation and public information domains. Their projects include OpenHarvest, OpenRequest, OAIFeeder, and OpenQuestions.
Lending Library Software
- Library automation software information including features and pricing.
- Fully Internet based library automation system. Does not require any software installation as it works with your browser across the Internet. Mainly for Churches and small private schools. Demonstration site.
- Library management system is used in public and corporate libraries, academic as well as government libraries. Australian-owned and designed.
- Toy library management system designed to manage users, collections, loans, renewals, fines, accounting, statistics and includes bar code support.
- Providers of PC Card Catalog, a library automation system for smaller libraries. Product information and demo download.
The Library Corporation (TLC)
- Native Windows NT fully integrated library automation system. Cost effective access to current information technology.
Library Technology Guides
- Provides information on the technology products, companies, and trends that impact libraries.
- Online library automation service. With a standard Web browser one can search, catalog, or circulate from any location on the Internet. Data is always available, backed up and secure.
- Makers of LC Easy and Dewey Easy, library skills training tutorials which run on Mac OS X and all Windows versions above 3.1.
Mandarin Library Automation, Inc.
- Software developer and hardware supplier offering Mandarin M3, authority control, web gateway, Z39.50 modules, serials and acquisitions, barcodes, web hosting, union catalog, and data conversion.
- Low cost library management solutions for every type of library.
- Database management software. Product information and support.
Neuton Data Systems
- School library automation products and services. DOS-based.
New Generation Technologies Inc.
- Library automation software that includes catalog, circulation, OPAC, MARC, and report generator.
- An extensible software toolkit that can be used to create a digital library by either loading or harvesting the content to be managed.
Open Source Schools
- Schoolforge's mission is to unify independent organizations that advocate, use, and develop open resources for primary and secondary education.
Open Source Software and Libraries Bibliography
- Compiled by Brenda Chawner. Includes announcements, journal articles, web documents, and articles that describe specific open source applications used in libraries, in particular dSpace, Koha, Greenstone, and MyLibrary.
Open Source Systems for Libraries News (OSS4Lib)
- News site covering open-source systems for libraries.
- OpenBiblio is an open-source ILS containing OPAC, circulation, cataloging, and staff administration functionality.
- A java-based Z39.50 portal system used for libraries to build search interfaces to one or more Z39.50 targets, such as library catalogue Z39.50 servers, vendor database/ejournal Z39.50 servers, or local digital collections.
Perpustakaan Library Software
- For school, company, and institutional libraries. With cataloging, circulation, past-due tracking, and bar-coding.
- Offers several software applications marketed at libraries.
- An automation system for managing library and resource centre.
Remote User Authentication in Libraries
- Links to reports on remote authentication in libraries, to software that supports authentication and to user authentication in general. Maintained by Steve Hunt, Santa Monica College Library.
- Library cataloging, searching, and circulation software for churches and schools.
- Provides library automation systems, electronic networking services and other related services for libraries.
- Offers library automation products and services that can be used either as a fully-integrated automation package, or as individual components to enhance and expand current automation products. Most products are available for a free 30 or 60 day trial.
- Provides library management systems to the UK and Ireland. Includes information about the company, its products and services, and user support.
Tapir for DSpace
- The Theses Alive Plug-in for Institutional Repositories developed at Edinburgh University Library (EUL) provides the ability within DSpace to operate a supervised authoring facility.
Virtual Data Center (VDC)
- VDC provides a complete open-source, digital library system for the management, dissemination, exchange, and citation of virtual collections of quantitative data.
- Produces integrated solutions for managing library collections and creating digital libraries.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 8, 2013 at 15:54:04 UTC -