become an editor
the entire directory
only in Library_and_Information_Science/Research_Organizations
Library and Information Science
Knowledge Management Research
Knowledge Representation Research
Business: Business Services: Consulting: Research Services
Computers: Human-Computer Interaction: Research
Science: Research Groups and Centers
Center for Information and Communication Studies (CICS)
- Focuses on research into homeland security, information usage, bioinformatics, and environmental information management.
Centre for Information Systems, Organisations and Society (ISOS)
- ISOS is a dedicated research centre based in the Business School at the University of Salford, focused on social and organisational aspects of information systems and communications technologies. The centre offers a range of PhD scholarship opportunities in emerging digital and web 2.0 disciplines.
Centre for Research Communications
- The CRC was founded in April 2009 at the University of Nottingham for research and development work with local, national and international partnerships. The CRC has global impact in the R&D that it carries out in the development of projects and global reach in the provision of services in the field of research communications. The CRC builds on the work of SHERPA in helping the establishment and development of instiutional repositories across higher education institutions in the UK.
Centre for Research in Library and Information Management (CERLIM)
- Established in 1993 at the University of Central Lancashire and then moved to the Manchester Metropolitan University in 1998. The center aims to undertake practical research to support library and information services, sponsors the Libraries Without Walls conferences, publishes reports and provides consultancy and training services. Includes information relating to publications, staff details and current and completed projects.
Computer and Information Sciences Research
- Department at the University of Strathclyde focusing on a wide range of themes. Information on research strategy, faculty and staff, research groups and centers, news, publications, events, student information and links to external resources.
Department of Information Studies Research Groups
- Research Groups based at the University of Sheffield focusing on computational tools that are required to support information systems; and information management techniques: Chemoinformatics, Educational Informatics, Health Informatics, Information Management, Information Retrieval, Information Systems, Libraries and Information Society.
- Research and evaluation centre based at Birmingham City University, established in 2004. Includes information relating to services, staff, current projects and events as well as some full text reports that are available for download.
- Independent research consultancy specializing in knowledge services/enterprise content management, library design and automation, and proprietary database research and competitive intelligence
Information Institute of Syracuse (IIS)
- IIS is the umbrella organization for a number of digital education information services, including The Gateway to Educational Materials, The Virtual Reference Desk, the Educator's Reference Desk, and the ERIC Database. Includes information about the institute, staff and projects with external links to further information.
Information Studies Research - The connection was reset Feb 26 2012
- Research activities at the University of Tampere in Finland including: FIRE (Finnish Information Retrieval Expert Group), REGIM (Research Group on Information Management), REGIS (Research Group on Information Seeking) and the Information Retrieval Laboratory, founded in 1991.
Information Use Policy and Management Institute
- Established in 1999 at Florida State University, the institute focuses research on the information user, and their interaction with information products, services, policies, technologies, and organizations. Includes information about the institute, staff, projects and publications with external links to further information.
- Research department in the Information School at the University of Washington. Includes a mission statement and details current and completed projects.
Library and Information Research Group (LIRG)
- LIRG is a professional association, which was formed in 1977 to promote information research. It is now part of CILIP, the UK Library Association. Includes a newsletter, mailing list, awards and prizes, course and events information.
Library and Information Statistics Unit (LISU)
- Based at Loughborough University, UK. LISU publishes compilations of statistical information and reports on the results of its statistical surveys and research projects. The services offered by LISU are consultancy, an information service and tailor-made statistics for public library authorities.
Library Research Service (LRS)
- A unit of the Colorado State Library and the Colorado Department of Education that is operated in partnership with the University of Denver. This site provides access to research and statistics about academic, public, and school libraries in Colorado and beyond.
Primary Research Group
- Publishes research reports, surveys and benchmarking studies for businesses, colleges, libraries, law firms, hospitals, museums and other institutions related to budgets, managerial decisions, technology purchases, strategic visions and best practices.
Research at the School of Information
- Research department at the University of Michigan. Includes information on: faculty and staff details; research centers and projects; research news; and details of the doctoral program.
Rob Kling Center for Social Informatics
- Based at the School of Library and Information Science at the University of Indiana, supports research into information technology and social change. Seminars, publications, staff details and activities; and hosts a series of working papers and The Information Society journal.
School of Information Management and Systems Research (SIMS)
- Research centers and groups based at Monash University in Australia including: Enterprise Information Research Group; Decision Support Systems Laboratory; Knowledge Management Research; Information Systems Management and e-Business Group; Information Systems Development Group Records Continuum Research; Information and Telecomm, Needs Research; Centre for Community Networking Research.
Shamel Information Services
- Cynthia L. Shamel of Shamel Information Services is an independent information research and consulting service for biomedical business information.
- Research sponsored by the School of Information Management and Systems at the University of California, Berkeley. Includes a list of current and past conferences sponsored by SIMS and a list of links to current and past projects' websites.
UCLA Department of Information Studies: Research
- Resources page provided by the Department of Information Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles; includes links to research and information relevant to LIS researchers.
UT School of Information
- Research activities and publications from the Information School based at the University of Texas.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 7, 2014 at 6:54:04 UTC -