become an editor
the entire directory
only in Library_and_Information_Science/Intellectual_Freedom
Library and Information Science
USA PATRIOT Act
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Free Speech
ALA Intellectual Freedom Round Table
- Provides a forum for the discussion of activities, programs and problems in intellectual freedom of libraries and librarians. Includes awards, reports, news, and links to resources.
ALA Office for Intellectual Freedom
- The Office for Intellectual Freedom is charged with implementing ALA policies concerning the concept of intellectual freedom as embodied in the Library Bill of Rights, the Associations basic policy on free access to libraries and library materials. The goal of the office is to educate librarians and the general public about the nature and importance of intellectual freedom in libraries.
Articles on Censorship: A Look at the Different Sides of the Issue
- There is more than one side to any story. This is more true with censorship of the written word than with most topics. You know where you stand on this issue, but what is your opinion based on? Is it based on fact and your morals, or on other people's morals? To help determine this, it is a good idea to find out what other people have thought on the issue. Here are some articles, essays and speeches that cover this issue from a different side of the story.
Information for Social Change
- An activist organisation that examines issues of censorship, freedom and ethics amongst library and information workers.
PICS, Censorship, and Intellectual Freedom FAQ
- Examines intellectual freedom issues raised by the Platform for Internet Content Selection (PICS), a set of technical specifications developed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), and often used in filtering software.
Suppression of Speech by the United States Government: The Children's Internet Protection Act
- Argues that the federal government attempted to engage in mass censorship by passing the Children's Internet Protection Act.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 24, 2013 at 7:54:07 UTC -