become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/United_States
Library and Information Science
Open Directory - Reference: Libraries: Library and Information Science: Associations: North America: United States
American Library Association
- The ALA is the oldest and largest library association in the world. Includes association information, news, events, and advocacy resources for members, librarians, and library users.
American Indian Library Association
- Committed to disseminating information about Indian cultures, languages, values, and information needs to the library community. Includes links to information on American Indian education and literature and information on the organization.
American Society for Information Science
- Provides education and networking opportunities to information professionals (including librarians, webmasters, information specialists, educators, researchers, publishers, information center managers) in organizations around the world. Bridges the gap between information science research and information services practice.
American Theological Library Association
- Professional association of librarians who specialize or have an interest in theology, religious studies, or the bibliography of religion. Includes staff directory, products for sale, and conference information.
Art Libraries Society of North America
- Membership includes architecture and art librarians, visual resources professionals, artists, curators, educators, publishers, and others interested in visual arts information. Includes contact information and conference news.
Church and Synagogue Library Association
- Provides information on membership, activities, and publications of this religious library organization.
Institute of Museum and Library Services
- A US Federal agency that strengthens museums and libraries to benefit the public. Includes details on their programs and grants.
Medical Library Association
- Includes a resource list of consumer health information on the web. Also provides membership, conference, and publication information.
Mountain Plains Library Association
- Organization consisting of the state library associations of twelve western US states. Includes mission statement and meeting minutes.
Music Library Association
- Organization for music librarianship includes information on music resources, membership, and continuing education opportunities.
New England Library Association
- Providing information about association activities and programs. Includes news and events, employment resources, education and scholarships, and organizational information.
Pacific Northwest Library Association
- Organization of people who work in, with, and for libraries to provide opportunities in communication, education and leadership that transcend political boundaries. Includes information on continuing education opportunities and how to join.
Progressive Librarians Guild
- A professional organization for librarians and library workers, providing a network for support, discourse, and action on library issues.
Public Library Association
- Includes information on literacy programs offered by the association. Also includes information on their journal and other publications.
Social Responsibilities Round Table
- SRRT is a round table within the American Library Association working with progressive issues within ALA and librarianship at large
US National Network of Libraries of Medicine
- The National Network of Libraries of Medicine is dedicated to making the world's biomedical information available throughout the U.S.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, October 19, 2009 8:02:38 PM EDT -