become an editor
the entire directory
only in Library_and_Information_Science/Associations
Library and Information Science
Reference: Libraries: Research: Associations
This category in other languages:
ALA Allied Professional Association (ALA-APA)
- A nonprofit professional organization established “to promote the mutual professional interests of librarians and other library workers.”
Association for Library and Information Science Education
- Promotes excellence in research, teaching, and service for library and information science education.
Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP)
- An international association of owners of information businesses. Includes information on conferences and events as well as a code of ethics.
The Association of Jewish Libraries
- List resources that help with the dissemination of Judaic resources and library/media services. Includes information scholarships, awards, and members libraries.
Counting Online Usage of Networked Electronic Resources (COUNTER)
- An international initiative designed to serve librarians, publishers and intermediaries by facilitating the recording and exchange of online usage statistics.
International Association for the Development of Information Society (IADIS)
- An association focusing on technological developments and human computer interaction, IADIS publishes a journal and sponsors two annual conferences: the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Internet and the IADIS International Conference on e-Society.
International Association of School Librarianship
- Lists resources for school libraries and school librarians. Includes information on membership and continuing education opportunities.
International Association of Technological University Libraries
- Voluntary international non-governmental organization of a group of libraries, represented by their library directors or university managers who are responsible for information services and resource management. Includes organization chart and links to resources.
International Federation of Library Associations
- Site of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions. Includes information on conferences, publications, and membership.
Internet Chinese Librarians Club (ICLC)
- Promotes Chinese librarianship and culture studies. Find membership details, links and publications.
Library Associations Around the World
- International directory with contact information.
North American Serials Interest Group
- Organization that promotes communication and sharing of ideas among all members of the serials information chain. Includes reports and information on conferences.
Special Libraries Association
- International association of information professionals/special librarians in corporations, business, science, government, and academic institutions that use /produce specialized information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 30, 2012 at 12:45:03 UTC -