become an editor
the entire directory
only in Libraries/Digital
Digital Library Development
Electronic Text Archives
Open Access Resources
Science Publication Archives
Computers: Internet: History: Archives
Shopping: Publications: Digital
This category in other languages:
75th Anniversary of the Free Library of Philadelphia
- Special collection of over 225 texts and images covering local architecture, history and African American architects.
Alexandria Digital Library Project
- Digital map collections at the University of California Santa Barbara.
- A digital library of more than 18,000 pages of eyewitness accounts of North American exploration. A collaboration between the Wisconsin Historical Society and National History Day.
- Site hosted by the Library of Congress as a gateway to online collections of the history and culture of the United States, totaling more than 7 million digital items.
Berkeley Digital Library SunSITE
- Program information, resources, and access to digital collections.
British Library Images Online
- Search, order and purchase items from the thousands of images from the library’s collections.
California Digital Library (CDL)
- Provides access to scholarly materials, databases of journal article abstracts and citations, electronic journals, publishing tools, and reference databases for the University of California. The CDL also builds collections and provides public access to cultural heritage materials though a variety of innovative programs.
Carrie Electronic Library
- Collection of full-text electronic academic works related to Asian studies.
Center for Retrospective Digitization
- Access to the digital collections at the Lower Saxony State and University Library Göttingen, Germany, including the Gutenberg Bible, travel literature and North Americana from the 18th and 19th centuries, DIEPER (Digitized European Periodicals), historical mathematics materials, and Goethe illustrations.
Central and Eastern European Online Library (CEEOL)
- A paid subscription service providing access to articles, scholarly journals, electronic books and re-digitized documents from cultural and scientific publications related to central and eastern Europe.
CiteSeer: The NEC Research Institute Scientific Literature Digital Library
- Aims to improve the dissemination and feedback of scientific literature, and to provide improvements in functionality, usability, availability, cost, comprehensiveness, efficiency, and timeliness. Rather than creating just another digital library, CiteSeer provides algorithms, techniques, and software that can be used in other digital libraries. CiteSeer indexes Postscript and PDF research articles on the Web, and provides a number of special features.
- Builds and maintains an open crawl of the web.
Digital Archive for Chinese Studies (DACHS)
- Based at the Institute of Chinese Studies at the University of Heidelberg (Germany), the collection includes websites, e-journals, films, snapshots of discussion boards, and single documents covering social and political subject matters.
Digital Collections: National Library of New Zealand
- Provides access to text, images, photographs, newspaper articles, audio and video collections as well as virtual exhibits. Bilingual site (Maori and English).
Digital Library of Information Science and Technology (DLIST)
- Developed by the School of Information Resources and Library Science and the Arizona Health Sciences Library at the University of Arizona using Open Archives Initiative (OAI) compliant Eprints v.2 software.
Digital Library Project
- A University of Pennsylvania selection of digital library collections, exhibits, and finding aids prepared by digital librarians. Information on tools and technology.
Digital Projects at the University of Illinois
- Information and access to the digital collections at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
The Digital Reading Room (DRR)
- An Athabasca University Library project. The DRR is an interactive online reading room, offering a digital solution for course readings and supplementary materials. It has been designed to provide access to faculty-selected resources and can accommodate a range of formats, including online journal articles, electronic books, audio or video clips, web sites and learning objects.
Digital Research Library (DRL)
- Text-based collections, photographs, map images, finding aids, databases, audio-visual material, and bibliographic catalogs of collections to aid the research of scholars, historians, faculty, and students at the University of Pittsburgh.
Digital Resources & Exhibitions
- Special collections at Case Western Reserve University, including medieval manuscripts and items from the US 1930s Works Projects Administration era.
Digital South Asia Library
- Materials related to South Asia, including maps, statistics, photographs, and official publications.
- This is a repository of digital research materials for scholarly work taking place at MIT, including an increasing number of conference papers, images, peer-reviewed scholarly articles, preprints, technical reports, theses, working papers, and more
Eastern North Carolina Digital Library
- Collection includes texts and maps pertaining to the history of 41 counties in eastern North Carolina and works of fiction that relate to some of those counties. Historic soil surveys and maps with zooming capability are a unique feature of the site.
eCUIP : The Digital Library Project
- A browsable and searchable digital library of materials for K-12 teachers and students.
Ethnomathematics Digital Library
- Collection of links and papers covering the interaction of mathematics and culture, with emphasis on the indigenous mathematics of the Pacific region.
Everglades Digital Library
- Access to the digital collections at Florida International University. Relates to the south Florida environment.
Hill Museum & Manuscript Library - Vivarium
- Vivarium is the home of digitized manuscripts, art, rare books, photographs, audio, video, and other resources from two Benedictine monastic and educational communities in central Minnesota.
- A collaboration of the Center for the Public Domain and The University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill to provide public domain material, organised by subject and UDC (Universal Decimal Classification) including journals, ebooks and a special collection of linux programs and documentation.
Indiana University Digital Library Program
- Provides access to text, images, maps and audio collections as well as virtual exhibits. Includes information on digitization projects and links to further resources.
International Children's Digital Library
- Multicultural digital library of outstanding children's books.
- A digital library of internet sites and other cultural artifacts in digital form. Includes a text archive of digitised books from Canadian libraries, Carnegie Mellon University, and Project Gutenberg.
Internet Moving Image Archive
- A collection of hundreds of short films in MPEG-2 format
IntraText Digital Library
- A multilingual, open access and XML-based digital library offering texts and corpora in 36 languages from religions, humanities, and research.
Inventory of Canadian Digital Initiatives
- Provides descriptions of Canadian information resources created for the Internet, including general digital collections, resources centered around a particular theme, and reference sources and databases.
Kentucky Virtual Library
- Online catalogs and databases, online tutorial and help with internet-based research, a virtual reference desk, and access to Kentuckiana digitized collections, serving Kentuckians and supporting the Kentucky Commonwealth Virtual University.
Library of California
- Details the Library's services to local libraries, state and local government and the public as well as links to California Research Bureau papers online, LDS publications, the California Library Directory and other useful information.
Life in Western Pennsylvania 1840 -1970
- Historic photographic collection provided by the library and archives of the Historical Society of Western Pennsylvania. The site also covers the local history of photography and information on the care and handling of photographs.
Medieval Illuminated Manuscripts
- Presents the collection of the Dutch Royal Library and the Museum Meermanno-Westreenianum in The Hague. Highlights and database with images and backgrounds.
National Science Digital Library (NSDL)
- A source for science, technology, engineering and mathematics education. Funded by the National Science Foundation.
Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD)
- Promotes the adoption, creation, use, dissemination and preservation of electronic theses and dissertations.
New York Public Library Digital Gallery
- Provides access to over 275,000 images digitized from the library collections, including illuminated manuscripts, historical maps, vintage posters, rare prints and photographs, illustrated books, and printed ephemera.
New Zealand Digital Library (NZDL)
- Based at the University of Waikato, New Zealand. The site contains text, image and audio-visual collections; including historical documents, humanitarian and development information, computer science technical reports and bibliographies, literary works, and magazines.
NYPL Digital Library Collections
- Collections provided by the New York Public Library covering Black culture and experience, history, literature, maps, New York City and State, performing arts, prints, and photographs.
The Online Archive of California
- This union database of manuscripts and images from institutions across California is comprised of over 5,000 archival finding aids encoded using Encoded Archival Description (EAD) standard and the SGML document type definition. Part of the California Digital Library.
Online Publications at the University of Stuttgart (OPUS)
- Collection of theses, dissertations, preprints, proceedings and full-text documents published in pdf format by staff and students of the University. Site in German and English.
Perseus Digital Library
- An evolving collection of resources for the study of the ancient world, including archaeology, atlas, texts and translations, text tools and lexica.
- Paid subscription service that provides access to a large online collection of books and journal articles in the humanities and social sciences, plus magazine and newspaper articles.
Quinnipiac University: Arnold Bernhard Library Resources - E-Texts
- Materials digitized by the university and links to materials available elsewhere.
SAILOR: Maryland's Public Information Network
- Provides public information for citizens of and visitors to Maryland, including resources for health, business, education, and history.
San Fernando Valley History Digital Library
- An image database of historically significant documents, manuscripts, photographs and related graphic materials of the San Fernando Valley. Administered by the State Librarian of California.
Science Direct - Journals
- An online library featuring fulltext journals from Academic Press and other scholarly publishers. Access by subscription.
- A Georgia Tech's repository that digitally captures, stores, indexes, preserves, and redistributes the intellectual output of the Institute’s students, faculty, and researchers.
St Laurentius Digital Manuscript Library
- A collection of scanned images of medieval manuscripts comprising 67 volumes, ranging from the 10th century to the 1640s provided by Lund University Library in Sweden.
UK Web Archiving Consortium
- Aimed at the broad research community and is systematically attempting to create an archive of social, historic and culturally significant web-based material from the UK domain.
University of Michigan Digital Library Production Service
- The Digital Library Production Service (DLPS) was formed in 1996 to provide infrastructure for campus digital library collections, including both access and delivery of collection content.
University of Tennessee-Martin Andy Holt Virtual Library
- Focus is on the humanities and fine arts, with access to local and world library catalogs, electronic journals, databases, virtual reference desk, digitized documents, and departmental resources. Partners with the physical Paul Meek Library to provide face to face services.
University of Texas System Digital Library
- Supporting the learning and research needs of the University of Texas Telecampus and University of Texas System students and faculty on campus and at a distance.
University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
- List of collections, and links to collections at various UW branches.
Victorian Women Writers Project
- A collection of text, essays, and fiction written during the Victorian period, by women writers.
VIVA, The Virtual Library of Virginia
- Information on this library consortium of shared digital collections.
Washington State Digital Library Resources
- Text, image, archive and local history collections. Best practice guide and Digital Imaging Initiative project pages.
Wikipedia: Digital library
- Talks about types of digital libraries, digital preservation and its future, searching, construction and organization, advantages and problems.
World Digital Library
- Significant primary materials from cultures around the world, including manuscripts, maps, rare books, musical scores, recordings, films, prints, photographs and architectural drawings to promote international and inter-cultural understanding and awareness, provide resources to educators, expand non-English and non-Western content on the Internet, and to contribute to scholarly research. [multilingual]
- Online history scrapbook of Worthington, Ohio.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 19, 2015 at 8:59:43 UTC -