become an editor
the entire directory
only in Publications/Articles
Open Directory - Reference: Knowledge Management: Publications: Articles
BPubs.com - Knowledge Management Publications
- A collection of business publications and articles. Features a search and contact information.
A Component Based Knowledge Management System
- Using a component architecture design approach. By Tom Finneran, published in The Data Administration Newsletter.
Knowledge Management: Making Sense of an Oxymoron
- David Skyrme Associates. Can knowledge be managed? The words management and knowledge at first sight appear uneasy bedfellows. Knowledge is largely cognitive and highly personal, while management involves organisational processes.
What is Knowledge and Can It be Managed?
- By Craig S. Mullins - Platinum technology, inc. Knowledge management is over-hyped and misunderstood. It is not a technology, but an amalgamation of strategy, technology, and people.
What is Knowledge Management (KM)?
- KM is a newly emerging, interdisciplinary business model dealing with all aspects of knowledge within the context of the firm, including knowledge creation, codification, sharing, and how these activities promote learning and innovation.
The Duality of Knowledge
- Essay that argues that KM approaches should stress human interaction rather than simply codifying and storing knowledge. By Paul M. Hildreth and Chris Kimble, published in Information Research. (October 01, 2002)
The Nonsense of Knowledge Management
- Examines the origins and basis of knowledge management, its components and its development as a field of consultancy practice. Problems in the distinction between knowledge and information are explored, as well as Polanyi's concept of tacit knowing. Includes references. By T. D. Wilson, in Information Research. (October 01, 2002)
Heralding ICT-enabled Knowledge Societies
- Provides a two-way global perspective on knowledge and the information rich-poor. By Vikas Nath, Inlaks Scholar, London School of Economics. (April 01, 2002)
- A collection of observations that have been made about knowledge in the modern workplace. By David Hay. (January 01, 2000)
Developing a Knowledge Strategy
- A framework for making the link between knowledge and strategy. Written by Michael H. Zack, College of Business Administration, Northeastern University; published in California Management Review , Vol. 41, No. 3. (June 01, 1999)
Managing Codified Knowledge
- Michael H. Zack. To remain competitive, organizations must efficiently and effectively create, locate, capture, and share their organization's knowledge and expertise. This increasingly requires making the organization's knowledge explicit and recording it for easier distribution and reuse. (March 01, 1999)
Knowledge Management: Can it Exist in a Law Office?
- Discusses how knowledge management could be applied in law offices and what needs to happen for knowledge management to occur. By Nina Platt; published in LLRX.com. (December 01, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:54:39 PM EST -