become an editor
the entire directory
only in Knowledge_Retrieval/Classification
Reference: Knowledge Management: Knowledge Discovery: Text Mining
Reference: Knowledge Management: Knowledge Representation: Ontologies
ASIST Special Interest Group - Classification Research
- Studies the fundamental principles, underlying processes, and analytic constructs of classification schemes and procedures by humans or automata.
Automatic Categorization of Magazine Articles
- Research paper discussing automatic categorization of magazine articles with broad subject descriptors. Focuses upon the following aspects of text classification: effective selection of feature words and proper names that reflect the main topics of the text, and training of text classifiers.
- Describes how controlled vocabularies are useful in describing images and information for classifying content in electronic databases. Links to sample hierarchies and controlled vocabularies. Also features links to related resources.
Delphi Group Taxonomy and Content Classification Report
- Examines software segment for taxonomy management.
DELTA: Description Language for Taxonomy
- A flexible format for encoding taxonomic descriptions for computer processing, intended for biology but with broad applications. It can be used to produce natural-language descriptions, conventional or interactive keys, classifications, and information-retrieval systems.
- Investigates how to effectively incorporate large, faceted category hierarchies into information access user interfaces.
International Federation of Classification Societies
- A federation of national, regional, and linguistically-based classification societies whose aims are to further knowledge classification research.
MeURLin: URL-based Classification of Web Pages
- Project that attempts to classify web pages based solely on their URL. A functional demo is included.
- About two dozen links collected by the ontology project at the philosophy department of the State University of New York at Buffalo, with emphasis on artificial intelligence and the Internet.
Organizational Theory Bibliography
- Annotated list of works on classification theory, classification systems, controlled vocabularies, indexing, index design, thesaurus design, and library and information science.
- Projects, research, products and services investigating or demonstrating automated Web categorization. Some prototypes and demos are available.
- Directory of taxonomies, thesauri, classification schemes, and other authority files, plus information on how to license the taxonomies. Features search, browse and alert service.
Taxonomies Are What?
- Describes the use of taxonomies to organize information on the Web. (October 04, 2001)
Taxonomy: Creating Knowledge from Chaos
- Robin Bloor article from IT-Director.com relates taxonomies to hierarchical metadata. (April 18, 2001)
Managing Taxonomies Strategically
- Brief article focused on helping knowledge base publishers understand how taxonomies work and how to implement them. Features related articles. (March 01, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 20, 2013 at 6:15:04 UTC -