become an editor
the entire directory
only in Knowledge_Representation/Semantic_Web
Reference: Libraries: Library and Information Science: Technical Services: Cataloguing: Metadata
This category in other languages:
- Live early adoption and demonstration project enhancing the W3C collaboration environment with shared annotations.
Big Fractal Tangle
- Daily reflections on the ongoing evolution of the Semantic Web.
The Cognitive Web
- A human-centric web architecture comprised of semantic markup and fuzzy logics.
Comments on the social graph
- A blog about digital advertising, cloud computing, social networks, collective intelligence, the semantic web, and the transition between our analogue past and digital future
- Paper discusses how syntactic (keyword-based) search can be extended to semantic (concept-based) search while preserving efficient retrieval models and data structures of the syntactic search.
Conceptual Graphs and SWeb
- Comparison of Conceptual Graphs as a logic layer to RDF.
- A general purpose data processor written in Python. Core language is RDF, extended to include rules, using RDF/XML or RDF/N3 serializations as required.
Euler Proof Mechanism
- A backward-chaining reasoner based on RDF and OWL, using resolution inference mechanism and following Euler paths.
- About a flash application that provides immediate access to facts. It visualizes information and helpsdiscover relations. Furthermore, it allows to collect interesting bits of information.
- A social bookmarking tool which allows people to tag webpages with Wikipedia terms.
Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies
- Homepage of a Semantic Web textbook, featuring free slide sets of tutorials on semantic technologies.
The Future of the Semantic Web
- Article on the semantic web and its significance for the scientific community by Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam).
- Connects people and communities by with semantic technology. It enables to share and distribute knowledge.
- A framework for a personal semantic desktop system.
ICS-FORTH RDFSuite: High-level Scalable Tools for the Semantic Web
- Tools for managing voluminous RDF description bases.
ILRT Semantic Web Research Group
- Tools for storage and query of structured data and applications for digital libraries and project management. From the Institute for Learning and Research Technology at the University of Bristol.
- A visual authoring tool for RDF.
Jeff Heflin's Publications
- Provide abstracts of downloadable technical papers on various Semantic Web topics like Dynamic Ontologies and Semantic Interoperability.
Linked Data Tools
- Offers Semantic Web tools for download, including: Jena .NET, RDF Buddy and Triple Machine.
- Collaborative project management and development environment for the Semantic Web
- Semantic Hypertext Object Repository. A repository with a free definable meta model where structured documents can be imported after parsing and transforming into XML.
- Uses RDF, RDF Schema, and OWL to create ontologies and manage metadata.
Practical Knowledge Representation for the Web
- Survey and analysis of traditional, new, and arising Web standards and how they can be used to represent machine-processable semantics of Web sources.
- Prescient Software provides bespoke semantic web software and knowledge management tools to a range of business users.
- European project on developing Semantically Enabled Knowledge Technologies.
- Provides consulting and modeling for architectural design employing Semantic Technology in the creation of large enterprise ontologies.
- A blog and community about the Semantic Web, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, and related topics.
Semantic Interoperability Centre Europe
- This is an initiative by the European Commission to support the data exchange of pan-European eGovernment projects. It features a repository for semantic interoperability assets that are open for reuse in other projects, e.g. XML schema or multi-lingual taxonomies.
Semantic Patterns Language
- Explores Universal Semantic Code to help create applications for Semantic WEB.
- The Business Special Interest Group provides a survey of companies, technologies and products likely to support Semantic Web projects.
Semantic Web Company
- Provides companies, institutions and organizations with professional services related to the Semantic Web. [A-1160 Wien]
Semantic Web In One Day
- Experiment in applying and assembling existing Semantic Web technologies in one day.
Semantic Web Journal
- Online Journal on Semantic Web research. Listed in the ACM Digital Library.
Semantic Web Science Association
- A non-profit organisation incorporated in Karlsruhe, Germany for the purpose of promoting and exchanging scholarly work in Semantic Web and related fields throughout the world.
Semantic Web Serbia
- Provides reviews, news, case studies on Semantic Web technology. Presents the history, definitions, categories and applications.
The Semantic Web: 1-2-3
- An XML hacker discusses XML, RDF and the Semantic Web. Features links to other resources.
- A weblog about PhD research on Semantic Web services and multiagent systems.
- News and analysis related to the Semantic Web. Focus on the transition from academia to mainstream consumer, business and government use.
- A semantic search engine for biological knowledge by the University of Arizona.
- Aims to establish Semantics as a core pillar of modern computer engineering.
SUPER Integrated Project.
- SUPER (Semantics Utilised for Process Management within and between Enterprises) offers ontology tools for download and has PHD programms.
TOOL: The Open Opinion Layer
- Paper exploring the development of a distributed open opinion architecture.
- Company that providing consulting and tools for architectural design and implementation of Semantic Technology Solutions with an emphasis on Ontology Engineering.
W3C Semantic Web Activity Statement
- The W3C Semantic Web Activity has been established to serve a leadership role, in both the design of specifications and the open, collaborative development of technology for the Semantic Web.
Weaving the Web
- The original design and ultimate destiny of the World Wide Web, by its inventor, Tim Berners-Lee. Features a linked glossary, a time line, errata and an excerpt from Chapter 1.
The Semantic Web Lifts Off
- Article on W3C's Semantic Web activity. (October 01, 2002)
The Languages of the Semantic Web
- Article by Uche Ogbuji discusses the limits of today's Web and the challenge of how agents can infer relationships and act on them. Originally published in the "New Architect" e-zine. Explains the basics of RDF. (June 01, 2002)
The Semantic Web: It's Whom You Know
- Discusses the problems with current notions, popularity ranking and collaborative filtering and suggests next steps. By Andy Oram, published in O'Reilly Network. (April 19, 2002)
Building a Semantic Web Site
- Even though the Semantic Web may yet seem a remote dream, there are already tools one can use to make a tiny step forward by building "semantic web sites," which can be much easier to navigate than ordinary sites. (May 02, 2001)
The Semantic Web
- Lengthy descriptive Scientific American article by Tim Berners-Lee, James Hendler and Ora Lassila. (May 01, 2001)
The Semantic Web: A Primer
- Offers an introduction and discusses technologies and developments. By Edd Dumbill, published in O'Reilly XML.com. (November 01, 2000)
Semantic Web Roadmap
- An attempt to give a high-level plan of the architecture by Tim Berners-Lee. (September 14, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 18, 2014 at 16:54:08 UTC -