become an editor
the entire directory
only in Information_Visualization/Projects_and_Research
Projects and Research
Open Directory - Reference: Knowledge Management: Knowledge Discovery: Information Visualization: Projects and Research
Computers: Computer Science
Computers: Human-Computer Interaction: Research
AT&T Information Visualization
- One of the first research centers to focus on the topic of information visualization. Led by Steve North.
BAILANDO at UC Berkeley
- BAILANDO can be understood as an acronym for "Better Access to Information using Language Analysis and New Displays and Organizations". The goal of these projects is to make access to information seem as graceful and effortless as the dances the projects have been named after.
Chain of Thoughts
- Lets you visualize social networks. Associations are editable, and can contain images or text or both.
Communications Research Group, University of Nottingham
- The group was formed in 1986 with the goal of investigating support for human communications through computer communications
CROMDI at University of Utah
- The Center for the Representation of Multi-Dimensional Information (CROMDI) at the University of Utah is an interdisciplinary team dedicated to the innovative representation of information, comprised of experts of Arts, Architecture, Communication, Computer Science, Mathematics, Music, Psychology, Medicine, Anesthesia, BioEngineering, Finance.
Databases, Data Mining and Visualization at University of Konstanz
- Led by Prof. Dr. Daniel A. Keim, this research group focuses on delivering innovative and high quality research in the fields of Information Visualization, Knowledge Discovery, and Visual Analytics.
Fred Vernier's Interactive Information Visualization
- FiCell, ParANT, and other projects. Features free applets.
Information Interfaces lab at Georgia Tech
- Led by John Stasko. Main area is software visualization and animation, but many interesting projects in general information visualization too.
Information Visualization at the University of Maryland
- Research laboratory led by Ben Shneiderman, which has hosted many leading works on information visualization, such as treemaps and starfield displays.
- Hosted by the University of Indiana, provides access to a set of software packages easing the exploration, modification, comparison, and extension of data mining and information visualization algorithms.
InfoVis Lab at University of Indiana
- Started in 2000. Led by Katy Börner.
- by Jean-Daniel Fekete at INRIA Futurs, Orsay, France.
- The Java Universal Network/Graph Framework is a software library that provides a common and extendible language for the modeling, analysis, and visualization of data that can be represented as a graph or network.
- Data visualisation tools from IBM. Site allows users to upload data and then produce graphic representations for others to view and comment upon.
National Center for Visual Analytics at Linköping University
- Swedish national resource funded by the Swedish Knowledge Foundation's (KK-Stiftelsen) Visualization Program and our industrial and government research partners. Its mission is to develop, enhance and transfer the most advanced methods, tools and applications in GeoVisual (GVA) and Visual Analytics (VA).
- A user interface toolkit in Java for building highly interactive visualizations of structured and unstructured data.
- An interactive programming language targeted at letting non programmers explore graphical ideas. Processing is an electronic sketchbook for developing ideas. It is a context for learning fundamentals of computer programming within the context of the electronic arts.
- A collection of works from one of the leading researchers in the domain.
The SAGE Visualization Group
- Explanations of the SAGE, SDM, Visage, Autobrief and VQE systems and their applications.
University of Sydney - Information Visualisation Research Group
- This groups aims to conduct world-class visualisation research and develop new visualisation technologies. Some IVRG research activities are supported by the advanced visualisation facilities available at, and conducted in co-operation with ViSLAB.
- Visual Interactive System for Annotation and machine LearnIng, data mining, analysis or clustering.
- Open-source scientific workflow and provenance management system developed at the University of Utah that provides support for data exploration and visualization
Visualisation of statistics in computer games
- the project deals with the impartment of statistical connections with the help of the mass medium computer game.
Visualization and usability group at NIST
- VUG conducts research in information visualization, virtual environments, related HCI technologies, and the evaluation of these technologies. Group led by Sharon Laskowski.
Xerox PARC UIR Information Visualization
- Web site of the team that coined the term Information Visualization in 1991.
XmdvTool Development Project
- Public-domain software package for the interactive visual exploration of multivariate data sets. It supports four methods for displaying flat form data and hierarchically clustered data: Scatterplots, Star Glyphs, Parallel Coordinates and Dimensional Stacking.
Projects and Research
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:35:04 AM EST -