become an editor
the entire directory
only in Products_and_Services/Reading
Products and Services
Arts: Education: Language Arts: Reading Instruction
Computers: Software: Educational: Languages: English
Kids and Teens: School Time: English: Reading
Shopping: Publications: Books: Children
- A self-taught reading program for adults and children.
- From educator Jeanie Eller, home and school versions phonics based reading with original authorized systems for pre-school through adult.
- A kinaesthetic approach to reading that teaches high frequency words by assigning a meaningful action to each word, developing understanding and generating an interest in English.
Alphagram Learning Materials
- Features creative multisensory phonics tools that teach the building blocks of reading: sounds, syllables, and words.
AVKO Dyslexia Research Foundation
- Provides a catalog of materials designed to help parents and teachers help the struggling reader learn to read. Also offerse in-services, free tutoring, and free downloads.
- Literacy program based on a neurological model.
Books for Results
- This website was designed for elementary teachers searching for language arts resources or workshops on reading and story writing.
Children's Literacy Publications
- Janet Caruthers Doolin's books and CDs to help young children with reading comprehension and vocabulary development.
Davis Learning Strategies
- Offers a classroom kits for beginning readers that helps children aged 5-9 learn foundation skills for successful reading and mastery of basic sight words.
Discover Intensive Phonics
- A reading program designed to teach the logic behind reading through multisensory, explicit phonics instruction. Software and classroom materials available.
Dorbooks - Phonics Pathways
- Features books and games that teach reading and spelling with direct, systematic phonics.
- Provides reading products for teaching children.
- Sells a range of literacy materials incorporating phonics which are aimed at the primary school or secondary revision level.
- Mouse over the letters and words to hear them out loud.
- A free online interactive phonics-based course in reading and spelling for children aged 3-9. Children 'read' by simply mousing over words to hear them spoken.
- An interactive computer CD reading program for parents to teach their child to read at home using Direct Instruction techniques. Includes 120 sequenced lessons and over 60 hours of on-screen activities.
- Grammar, style, and proofreading exercises using sentences from literary works.
Great Leaps Reading
- Great Leaps Reading provides inexpensive, user-friendly research-based reading remediation. It is one of few programs focused upon improving reading fluency.
- Home of the Half-Pint Readers for young children.
- Offers interactive reading lessons that help children learn how to read online by teaching a phonics program and providing reading tutoring, lessons, and activities.
How To Master Reading in 7 Simple Steps
- Complete and easy phonics reading program. Learn to read or teach someone to read using 7 simple steps. Ideal for ages 3 to 93.
- Teach your baby to read.
Institute for Multi-Sensory Education
- "Sensational Strategies for Teaching the Beginning Reader" is based on Orton-Gillingham methedology and recommended by Dr. Reid Lyons of the National Institute of Health. Offers a research supported multi-sensory pnonics program for parents to use with their children.
Jacquelyn Rud's Reading Centers
- Uses remedial reading, one-on-one instruction, and testing. Diagnoses reading skills of both children and adults
Jelly and Bean
- Illustrated children's books for parents, preschool and primary schools. Online catalogue, price list and ordering information.
- Card reader system to teach language and reading.
Language Works Spelling Program
- Language Works is an independent self-checking approach to spelling using 60 phonograms as word-building tools.
Letterland Reading Method
- Provides instructional reading materials for children.
Love and Reilly
- Speech and language resources and information about literacy and learning.
- Markets reading materials including children's books, literature guides, software, and phonics resources.
Motivational Ideas for the Language Arts Classroom
- Radio drama related materials for the language arts classroom, designed to motivate the student to read more and listen better. Includes radio dramas on cassette with word-for-word scripts and student/teacher materials.
National Reading Styles Institute
- Identifies students' strengths and the most effective reading strategies and methods to use.
News for You
- Offers a weekly newspaper in plain English from New Readers Press, especially for adult education, special education, ESL, and K through 12.
Orton Gillingham Phonics on CD-ROM
- Remedial reading program for ages 7-adult reading at grades 0-4. Appropriate for those with dyslexia. Uses the Orton-Gillingham method.
- Provider of the Academy of Reading program for children.
Phonics for Free
- Hundreds of free phonics worksheets for parents and teachers. Includes free placement tests and teaching tips covering phonemic awareness, alphabetics, sight words and complete phonics coverage.
Phonics on the Web
- Guide to Phonics. Several pages of systematic phonics rules, useful for teachers and parents as a reference.
Planet Book Club
- Teaching resources for K-8 reading, including novel guides, lesson plans, and student book discussions.
Preventing Academic Failure
- A multisensory curriculum providing a four year sequence of written language skills (reading, spelling and handwriting).
Rayment's Learn to Read Method
- Free method designed for preschoolers.
- Information on the Phono-Graphix reading method.
- Develops reading fluency of students. They provide seminars, books, audio, and software.
Read Right Systems, Inc.
- Reading program for children and adults. Consultants establish turn-key projects in corporations and schools.
- System designed to teach speed reading, mind mapping, improved memory, and comprehension.
- Sets of laminated manipulatives and cards for improving reading skills. Reusable, individualized materials are available for all ages and abilities.
- Video reading and spelling program for children.
- Offers a book about the reading process with practical strategies to enable those who are helping others learn to read do so more effectively and a companion video.
Reading with TLC
- Reading with TLC publishes educational materials and provides professional training for reading.
- Offers a home administered program guaranteed to improve reading and listening comprehension by at least 2 years.
Resources for Reading
- Materials for Reading Recovery and early literacy teachers: phonics tools and games, magnetic letters, magnetic boards and easels, alphabet and ABC books and puzzles, manipulatives, teacher aids
Seven Steps to Literacy Success
- Seven Steps to Literacy Success for dyslexics.
- A self-teaching reading program that uses books and audio CDs in an effort to teach one to read at their own pace in the privacy of their home.
Smart Way Reading & Spelling
- Phonics based reading and spelling program for children.
- Structured collections of books from more than 20 publishers for use in leveled reading programs such as Reading Recovery.
Sound Reading Solutions
- Phonemic awareness and reading activities/programs for struggling readers and spellers.
- A reading comprehension questions and answers game. Each set of cards reviews setting, characters, plot and theme for 1 novel.
- Early literacy program incorporating phonics and spelling.
Syllables Reading Center
- Teaching people how to read in and around Atlanta, GA. Working with dyslexia and other learning disabilities.
Taking Grades Publishing Company
- Offers objective test units, designed to check basic comprehension, for children's novels. Customers are 4th through 8th grade reading teachers.
Toe By Toe
- A carefully structured, diagnostic system for the teaching of reading.
- A simple phonics method that allows any adult to help someone learn to read.
University of Utah Reading Clinic
- A reading clinic created to assess and remediate elementary students with reading difficulties.
We All Can Read
- An intervention or supplemental phonics program for at-risk students of all ages providing remedial reading instruction.
- Orton-Spalding based materials for phonetic language arts instruction.
- A curriculum-based reading and spelling program which teaches children the fundamentals of the English language.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 11, 2015 at 5:15:10 UTC -