the entire directory
only in Education/Organizations
Open Directory - Reference: Education: Organizations
Colleges and Universities
K through 12
Children's International Summer Villages
Student Exchange Programs
Society: Issues: Education
Society: People: Generations and Age Groups: Youth: Organizations
Society: Philanthropy: Child Welfare
This category in other languages:
AIMS Education Foundation
- A non-profit, independent organization which administers a rapidly growing and increasingly complex educational materials development program.
American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- An organization concerned with improving the educational process by encouraging scholarly inquiry related to education and by promoting the dissemination and practical application of research results. AERA is the most prominent international professional organization with the primary goal of advancing educational research and its practical application.
Association for Community Colleges (ACC)
- An organization of young people in Europe that advocates the creation of a network of community colleges to study European character and culture. Information on programs and events, group statutes, and membership.
Association for Middle Level Education
- Serves professionals, parents, and others interested in the educational and developmental needs of young adolescents.
Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- An organization for professional educators.
Association for the Promotion of Campus Activities
- National campus activities organization servicing the needs of campus programming departments and other campus organizations. Provides a network to meet other campuses, new programming vendors, and new talent for your campus activities program.
Association of American International Colleges and Universities
- AAICU member institutions are American institutions of international higher education, located abroad in Europe and the Middle East, and which are accredited in the United States or enjoy equivalent status.
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Provides support to member schools. Advances the Evangelical Protestant Christian educational tradition.
Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs, Region 1 (Northeast United States)
- Promotes the improvement of business schools. Member directory and meeting information.
Association of Cooperative Educators
- International professional organization for people interested in all phases of cooperative education.
Bibliotecas Para La Gente
- The Northern California chapter of REFORMA, the National Organization to Promote Library and Information Services to Latinos and the Spanish-Speaking. Details about the group, membership, materials and outreach efforts, links to related sites, and contact information.
The Boyer Center
- Advances the vision of Ernest L. Boyer, Sr. by encouraging renewal in school and community, conducting research on critical education issues, providing resources which advocate integrated approaches to teaching and learning.
- Dedicated to promoting community service in higher education.
The Center for Innovation in Education
- Provider of mathematics inservice and training.
The Center for Law and Education
- Strives to make the right of all students to quality education a reality throughout America and to help enable communities to address their own public education problems effectively, with an emphasis on assistance to low-income students and communities.
The Center for Partnership Studies
- A non-profit organization working to create a more peaceful, equitable and sustainable world through cultural transformation. Includes programs, books, education program, tapes, interviews and links.
Christian Educators Association International (CEAI)
- A professional association of Christian educators serving in public and private schools; a Christian alternative to NEA/AFT and a resource for Christian rights in public schools.
The Classical Association
- Gives information about classical events, membership of the Association and its academic publications. Includes the very useful list of classicists in UK universities and institutions.
Co-Operative Center for the Development of Children and Teenagers
- A Brazilian NGO planting education projects in slums and deprived communities throughout Brazil.
The Concord Consortium
- A nonprofit educational research organization devoted to educational innovation worldwide through creative technologies.
- A national nonprofit organization dedicated to leading change in education through projects and programs that prepare students for the technological workplace of the future.
Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU)
- An international association of Christ-centered colleges and universities. The CCCU site contains resources for faculty, administrators and students.
The Dictionary Project
- Nonprofit organization that provides free dictionaries to 3rd-grade students. Lists U.S. state and international projects, and ways for individuals to sponsor a project.
Education for Liberation Network
- National coalition of teachers, community activists and families who believe a good education should teach people to understand and challenge injustice.
- National body supporting quality and improvement in Scottish education. Includes remit and key areas of activity.
Education Web Sites
- Sites of education organizations, principally higher education.
Educators Website for Information Technology (EWIT)
- A learning community of educators and business leaders that supports the innovative use of IT skills and academic standards to enhance learning and to develop IT skills for work.
Fellowship And Christian Encouragement (FACE) for Educators
- Encourages and equips educators across the US to pray together in weekly FACE chapter meetings at their schools. The group's goal is to improve educational environments with strong Christian support groups.
Follow A Dream, Inc.
- Non-profit educational organization. The founder, who was blinded and lost his senses of sight and smell in a catastrophic accident, gives speeches and teaches that with adversity comes opportunity.
Forum for Spiritual Education
- An association of centers, organizations and individuals committed to the promotion and provision of spiritual education and spirituality in learning.
- Canadian not-for-profit offers free public lecture schedule and special events "for the Advancement of Literature, Science and Art".
Illinois Drafting Educator's Association (IDEA)
- A non-profit professional education organization for the advancement of drafting education.
International Certification Accreditation Board
- An independent, global, nonprofit organization ensures quality, credible professional credentialing programs and procedures.
Kashmir Education Foundation
- A non-political, non-governmental and non-profit organization dedicated to promotion of quality education in rural areas of Pakistan and Azad Kashmir.
Kettle Moraine Press Association
- Organization with the singular goal of providing programs to enhance and promote scholastic journalism.
- An interdisciplinary research and development lab dedicated to applying principles of cognitive science, computer science, artificial intelligence, and educational theory to improving the way people learn.
The Marine Society
- Committed to the education, training, and well being of professional seafarers.
National Association of Head Teachers (NAHT)
- Professional Association serving all Heads and Deputies in all sectors of Education in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Includes profile, services, documents and membership information.
The National Beta Club
- Promotes character, develops leadership skills, encourages service involvement, recognizes achievement, and provides technological advantages to students in grades 5 - 12.
National Resource Center for Paraprofessionals (NRCP)
- Articles, bibliography, and links on training and managing paraeducators.
National Staff Development Council (NSDC)
- A non-profit professional association committed to ensuring success for all students through staff development and school improvement.
National Tutoring Association
- The NTA is a non-profit membership-supported tutoring association. Members represent colleges, universities, school districts, and literacy programs.
Not My kId
- A not-for-profit organization dedicated to serving the interests of youth and families who are at-risk for drug abuse, delinquency, early school withdrawal, family dysfunction, teen pregnancy, and other behavioral health problems.
Our Developing World
- A nonprofit educational project dedicated to bringing the realities of the "third world" and the richness of diverse cultures to North Americans.
Partnership for America's Future
- Provides programs that are designed to get students to use their education now to solve real-world business and educational problems for financial reward.
Peace Education Foundation
- A non-profit educational organization that offers grade-specific, research-based conflict resolution and mediation curricula for K-12, as well as regional and on-site training.
Peaceful Schools International
- Provides support to schools wishing to have a peaceful atmosphere. Members, activities, reports, and related links.
- U.S. association to promote library services to the Spanish speaking.
Rome International Schools Association
- Since 1974 this consortium has encouraged an international curriculum. Site lists schools (a few have web links) following their philosophy.
School Councils UK
- Helps childres and young people to have a greater say in matters that affect their school and wider lives.
The Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- The mission of SACNAS is to encourage Chicano/Latino and Native American students to pursue graduate education and obtain the advanced degrees necessary for research careers and science teaching professions at all levels.
Sunflower County Freedom Project
- A group of local citizens working together with former Teach for America teachers to improve the educational opportunities in the Mississippi Delta area. Find details about the region, the organization, its teachers, students and curriculum.
- A federally funded program committed to providing access to postsecondary education to low-income and potential first generation college secondary school students, beginning at the sixth grade through the 12th grade.
Western Association of Schools & Colleges - (WASC)
- Accrediting information, directory of schools, calendar and affiliations.
Western Training Provider Network
- Modern Apprenticeship information service for businesses and for young people in the Bath, Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset area. Discusses benefits, operations, and occupations open to Modern Apprenticeship.
Wisconsin Center for Education Research
- A world-class research center that provides a productive environment where leading scholars conduct basic and applied education research.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 22, 2014 at 13:24:07 UTC -