become an editor
the entire directory
only in Learning_Theories/Problem-Based_Learning
Methods and Theories
Open Directory - Reference: Education: Methods and Theories: Learning Theories: Problem-Based Learning
Inquiry Based Learning
Assessing the Effectiveness of Problem Based Learning in Higher Education: Lessons from the Literature
- Presents a review of literature on problem based learning as it applies to higher education.
Case Studies in Science
- The use of case studies holds great promise as a pedagogical technique for teaching science, particularly to undergraduates, because it humanizes science and well illustrates scientific methodology and values. It develops students' skills in group learning, speaking, and critical thinking, and since many of the best cases are based on contemporary--and often contentious--science problems that students encounter in the news (such as human cloning), the use of cases in the classroom makes science relevant.
Learner-Centered Classrooms, Problem-Based Learning, and the Construction of Understanding and Meaning by Students
- Summary of details about creating a learning-centered curriculum.
- Discusses the process and terminology of problem solving.
Problem-Based Learning (PBL)
- An instructional method that challenges students to "learn to learn," working cooperatively in groups to seek solutions to real world problems. These problems are used to engage students' curiosity and initiate learning the subject matter. PBL prepares students to think critically and analytically and to find and use appropriate learning resources.
Project-Based Instruction in Mathematics for the Liberal Arts
- Provides projects and resources for instructors and students who wish to teach and learn college mathematics or post-algebra high school mathematics via project-based instruction.
UD-PBL-Undergrad Mailing List
- This list encourages open discussion on the use of problem-based learning in undergraduate education. One can browse the archives of past posts as well.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 16, 2013 at 5:45:09 UTC -