the entire directory
only in Methods_and_Theories/Learning_Theories
Methods and Theories
Open Directory - Reference: Education: Methods and Theories: Learning Theories
Communities of Practice
Inquiry Based Learning
Reggio Emilia Approach
Right Brain - Left Brain Thinking
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Education
This category in other languages:
- An online source of information about the brain for educators, parents, students and teachers.
Business Thinking Meta Model
- Describes the model which is composed of three thinking patterns such as proactive thinking, reactive thinking, and passive thinking.
Dr. Thomas Armstrong
- Educator and psychologist in the fields of multiple intelligences, explanation of "the myth of ADD/ADHD, and the natural genius of kids". Suggests strategies for nourishing each child's unique developmental potentials.
- Resource for educators and others interested in informal education, youth work, community development and lifelong learning.
Instrumental Enrichment / Mediated Learning
- Based on the work of Israeli psychologist Reuven Feuerstein who developed his theory in the late 40's through his work with children who were orphaned or separated from their parents as a result of the Holocaust.
Introduction to Motor Behavior and Control
- PowerPoint Presentation.
John Dewey and Informal Education
- Read about the life and works of a man considered to be the father of educational philosophy.
MSP Resource Portal
- Practical information on facilitating multi-stakeholder processes and social learning: concepts, methods, tools, tips, examples, literature and links for interactive decision-making in sustainable development.
Multiple Intelligences: Gardner's Theory
- Provides full-text access to the ERIC Digest of this name which examines the theory of Howard Gardner relating to multiple intelligences and how it might relate to student learning.
- Describes a form of music education and of motion activity aimed to bridge a gap left by the traditional teaching methods.
Roof On Fire
- Report of a training course on experiential learning, including methods and theory.
The Meta-Learning Lab
- Dedicated to increasing people's capacity to learn, improving the performance of individuals and organizations.
Youth Motivation Using Natural Learning Environments
- Motivating at-risk youth by employing natural learning environments consistent with the learning personality of the individual student rather than with traditional schooling models.
Reasoning and Being Rational
- Many teachers expect students to be rational, but don't explain what that means. Improve your reasoning. An essay by Rick Garlikov. (December 17, 2002)
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, July 15, 2010 5:54:13 AM EDT -