become an editor
the entire directory
only in K_through_12/Technology
K through 12
Activities and Lessons
Reference: Education: Distance Learning
Reference: Education: Instructional Technology
Reference: Education: K through 12: Educators: Teaching Resources
Reference: Education: Products and Services: Technology
Reference: Education: Subjects
Developing a School or District Technology Plan
- Hyperlinked summary of this issue.
Educational Technology WebRing
- List of all member web sites.
- Helps K-12 teachers and students with web access locate other Internet users who are experts in different disciplines for the purpose of setting up curriculum-based, electronic exchanges among the teachers, students, and the experts. Also conducts research on telementoring interactions in which K-12 students are active inquirers.
Grazing the Net: Raising a Generation of Free Range Students
- The theme of this article is the value of raising young people to think, explore and make meaning for themselves.
Integrated Technology Education Group
- Describes a total system approach to the challenges of linking education technology products and services to school facilities, while seeking to optimize student learning.
Internet Pocket Guide for Teachers
- Gives teachers step-by-step directions for getting connected to the Internet. Includes exercises and tips for using the Internet in the curriculum.
- Index to three collections of sites designed to help teachers use the Internet effectively, or to learn specific software applications.
Lower Hudson Regional Information Center
- Educational technology resources available for technology leadership including school lesson plans, security, networks, software, and student information systems.
Making the Net Work for Schools: Online Research Modules
- Online research modules provide a path a teacher can follow with a class of students. They offer clear instructions as well as daily activities which focus on higher level thinking and electronic resources which have been tested for quality.
- Provides facts and perspectives to help policymakers and educators understand what it will take to connect the nation's public K-12 schools to the information superhighway over the next 5 to 10 years. Prepared for the National Information Infrastructure Advisory Council (NIIAC).
National Center for Technology Planning
- A clearinghouse for the exchange of many types of information related to technology planning.
NetLingo: The Internet Language Dictionary
- A dictionary and glossary for the language of the Internet acronyms.
- Promotes effective use of information and communication technologies to support and enhance learning. Provides information about educational technology, teacher training, professional development, grants, and learning on the Internet.
- A package for using "Web-and-Flow" to support schools, districts and regions.
- Create educational webpages or games or tests for a fee.
Teachers Helping Teachers
- Lesson plans for integrating the Internet with your curriculum. This is a free, non-profit service. It costs nothing to access the information, and no money is made from teachers who contribute.
- A national non-profit organization dedicated to improving K-12 education at the grassroots level by helping educators effectively use technology in their schools.
Technology in Education
- Annotated collection of links to resources related to using or planning to use technology in schools.
Technology Student Association
- TSA is a national organization devoted to elementary, middle and high school students with a dedicated interest in technology. Assisting TSA's students are teachers, alumni, parents and business leaders who support a technologically literate society.
The TELRI Project: Technology Enhanced Learning in Research-led Institutions
- News, resources, publications, events, case studies and evaluation materials, project overview, and contact details.
This is our Time
- A worldwide telecommunications project for secondary schools organised for Unesco ASP (Associated Schools Projects).
U.S. Dept. of Education - Educational Technology
- Funding opportunities for technology, the Technology Literacy Challenge, information on the e-rate, research and publications.
Uncommon Sense: Educators Reinventing the Profession from the Inside Out
- There is no set of workshops, exercises, books, CD-ROMs or Web sites that will take us where we need to go, simply because the goal keeps moving. However, there are a host of options with which we can pursue our goals of lifelong improvement.
- Contains examples of curriculum-based educational telecomputing projects and other related resources. Companion site to the ISTE book of the same name.
- Connects and trains teachers and kids in developing countries to improve education and employment opportunities. Includes news, features stories, and links to resources. In English, Spanish and French.
- A resource and community for after-school youth programs that integrate technology. Includes lesson plans, teaching techniques, project design tools, samples and examples, software/hardware advice, discussions.
Usenet k12.ed.comp.literacy -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 15, 2015 at 2:16:58 UTC -