become an editor
the entire directory
only in K_through_12/Technology
K through 12
Activities and Lessons
Reference: Education: Distance Learning
Reference: Education: Instructional Technology
Reference: Education: K through 12: Educators: Teaching Resources
Reference: Education: Products and Services: Technology
Reference: Education: Subjects
Developing a School or District Technology Plan
- Hyperlinked summary of this issue.
Educational Technology WebRing
- List of all member web sites.
- Helps K-12 teachers and students with web access locate other Internet users who are experts in different disciplines for the purpose of setting up curriculum-based, electronic exchanges among the teachers, students, and the experts. Also conducts research on telementoring interactions in which K-12 students are active inquirers.
Grazing the Net: Raising a Generation of Free Range Students
- The theme of this article is the value of raising young people to think, explore and make meaning for themselves.
Integrated Technology Education Group
- Describes a total system approach to the challenges of linking education technology products and services to school facilities, while seeking to optimize student learning.
Internet Pocket Guide for Teachers
- Gives teachers step-by-step directions for getting connected to the Internet. Includes exercises and tips for using the Internet in the curriculum.
- Index to three collections of sites designed to help teachers use the Internet effectively, or to learn specific software applications.
The iTeacherEd Project
- This site is an original resource for instructional technology for the K-12 level and for Schools of Education wanting to better introduce technological literacy into Teacher Education Programs.
Lower Hudson Regional Information Center
- Educational technology resources available for technology leadership including school lesson plans, security, networks, software, and student information systems.
Making the Net Work for Schools: Online Research Modules
- Online research modules provide a path a teacher can follow with a class of students. They offer clear instructions as well as daily activities which focus on higher level thinking and electronic resources which have been tested for quality.
- Provides facts and perspectives to help policymakers and educators understand what it will take to connect the nation's public K-12 schools to the information superhighway over the next 5 to 10 years. Prepared for the National Information Infrastructure Advisory Council (NIIAC).
National Center for Technology Planning
- A clearinghouse for the exchange of many types of information related to technology planning.
National Educational Technology Standards Project
- Goal is to develop standards that will guide educational leaders in planning for effective use of technology to support learning, teaching, and educational management. Includes resources and example lesson plans for teachers.
NetLingo: The Internet Language Dictionary
- A dictionary and glossary for the language of the Internet acronyms.
- Promotes effective use of information and communication technologies to support and enhance learning. Provides information about educational technology, teacher training, professional development, grants, and learning on the Internet.
- A package for using "Web-and-Flow" to support schools, districts and regions.
Planning for Change and Technology
- Processes and tools to assist in leading change and planning for technology.
- Create educational webpages or games or tests for a fee.
Teachers Helping Teachers
- Lesson plans for integrating the Internet with your curriculum. This is a free, non-profit service. It costs nothing to access the information, and no money is made from teachers who contribute.
- A national non-profit organization dedicated to improving K-12 education at the grassroots level by helping educators effectively use technology in their schools.
The Technology Coordinator's Web Site
- Information for educators who have a leadership role in integrating technology in K-12 schools and educational settings.
Technology in Education
- Annotated collection of links to resources related to using or planning to use technology in schools.
Technology Student Association
- TSA is a national organization devoted to elementary, middle and high school students with a dedicated interest in technology. Assisting TSA's students are teachers, alumni, parents and business leaders who support a technologically literate society.
The TELRI Project: Technology Enhanced Learning in Research-led Institutions
- News, resources, publications, events, case studies and evaluation materials, project overview, and contact details.
This is our Time
- A worldwide telecommunications project for secondary schools organised for Unesco ASP (Associated Schools Projects).
U.S. Dept. of Education - Educational Technology
- Funding opportunities for technology, the Technology Literacy Challenge, information on the e-rate, research and publications.
Uncommon Sense: Educators Reinventing the Profession from the Inside Out
- There is no set of workshops, exercises, books, CD-ROMs or Web sites that will take us where we need to go, simply because the goal keeps moving. However, there are a host of options with which we can pursue our goals of lifelong improvement.
- Contains examples of curriculum-based educational telecomputing projects and other related resources. Companion site to the ISTE book of the same name.
- Connects and trains teachers and kids in developing countries to improve education and employment opportunities. Includes news, features stories, and links to resources. In English, Spanish and French.
- A resource and community for after-school youth programs that integrate technology. Includes lesson plans, teaching techniques, project design tools, samples and examples, software/hardware advice, discussions.
Usenet k12.ed.comp.literacy -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 27, 2014 at 2:05:08 UTC -