become an editor
the entire directory
only in School_Improvement/Character_Education
K through 12
Open Directory - Reference: Education: K through 12: School Improvement: Character Education
Society: Activism: Nonviolence: Organizations
Society: Philosophy: Ethics: Education
Center for Character Development
- Promotes character development for kids, educators and schools.
Center for Learning
- A nonprofit educational publisher committed to integrating academic learning and universal values through the humanities.
Center for the Advancement of Ethics and Character
- Boston University's CAEC is committed to providing educators with the resources necessary to foster the development of strong character and good judgment in students.We offer many resources (lesson plans, articles about character education, and reading lists) for teachers, administrators, students, parents, and scholars/researchers.
- Character-education initiative in the U.S. that teaches the Six Pillars of Character: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship.
Character Development Foundation
- A non-profit organization committed to providing character education resources to teachers and educators in New Hampshire and beyond.
Character Development Group
- A provider of resources for character education.
- Programs train educators and students to manage aggressive behaviors, build self-esteem, resolve conflicts, encourage diversity tolerance, practice core values, and promote character education.
Character Education Center
- Provides grades K-12 educators with solutions and practical strategies for ethics instruction. Includes information about national seminars and discussion board.
The Character Education Network
- For students, teachers, schools and communities to facilitate character education. This site is dedicated to providing quality, ready-to-use curriculum, activities and resources that integrate with and enhance the classroom experience.
The Character Education Partnership
- An organization committed to developing civic virtue and moral character in our youth for a more compassionate and responsible society. The purpose of character education is to help students develop good character, which includes knowing, caring about, and acting upon core ethical values such as caring, honesty, fairness, responsibility, and respect for self and others.
Character Education Resources
- Center for Youth Issues is a provider of character education resources to educators across the country.
Educators for Social Responsibility
- A source of curriculum materials and teacher training programs that focus on issues of peacemaking and conflict resolution.
- Magazine designed to help develop character and personal responsibility by laying down the basic building blocks of a successful person.
- Free character education resources for K-12 teachers, coaches, and youth group leaders. Includes discussion questions, writing assignments, learning activities, opportunities for student action, and lots of teacher support materials.
Institute for Affective Skill Development
- Creates and produces programs that build character by teaching students how to succeed while maintaining dignity and respect for self and others.
- An experiential values education program for children, young adults, parents, and children affected by war. An effective character development program, it builds positive emotional and social skills for peace, including conflict resolution and tolerance.
The Peaceful Solution Character Education Incorporated
- Devoted to promoting character education as its main tool for positive character development. Students, whether children or adults, exhibit positive behavioral changes
Studies in Moral Development and Education
- Developing fairness and concern for others. Sample curriculum's for different age levels and subjects, articles, recommended books and an email domain theory mailing list.
- This book and workshop teaches character education using a balanced approach to learning that uses the teachers own wisdom and creativity along with ancient formulas used by American Indians for thousands of years.
- Resources for parents and teachers on character education and teaching children family values with accelerated learning techniques
- A new way of learning and being together. The mission of Tribes is to assure the healthy development of every child so that each has the knowledge, competency and resilience to be successful in a rapidly changing world.
- Provides character education lesson plans for all youth including those with behavioral disorders or learning disabilities. Program addresses peer pressure, anger management and social and emotional intelligence.
Young Peoples Press
- Character education publisher featuring educational publishing tools, teaching aides and curriculum materials where students also learn honesty, civility and respect.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, December 1, 2013 8:05:02 AM EST -