become an editor
the entire directory
only in Home_Schooling/Unschooling
K through 12
Chats and Forums
Magazines and E-zines
Reference: Education: Distance Learning
- Advocating alternatives to compulsory schooling.
Can a Christian Be an Unschooler?
- A rebuttal by Patrick Farenga to Mary Hood's assertion that Christianity and unschooling don't mesh.
Family Unschoolers Network
- Newsletter articles, reviews, resources, and message boards.
John Holt and Growing Without Schooling
- About educator Holt, his philosophy and his legacy. Includes information about unschooling, books by and about Holt, and limited archives from the magazine Growing Without Schooling (1977 - 2001).
Journey Into Unschooling
- Blog chronicling the learning activities and projects of an unschooling family across all subjects. Also includes reviews of materials used.
- Information and resources related to homeschooling and unschooling including crafts and self-led learning activities for kids, support and discussion for families applying unschooling principles. Additional weblog-style information on recipes, natural living and attachment parenting.
Not Back To School Camp
- An annual camp for unschooled teens in Oregon. Sports, vegetarian meals, workshops, and unschooled activities.
The Organized Unschooler
- Articles and information about unschooling and alternative education in the US.
- Unschool parent Sandra Dodd's essays on her experiences, how people learn, and related topics, with links to other resources.
- News, articles, links, support groups, and resources.
- Dayna Martin shares her weblog, articles, and chats about her educational philosophy and attachment parenting
Unschooling or Homeschooling: What's the Difference?
- Gail Withrow explains the difference between unschooling and homeschooling. Unschooling is letting the child lead and control her own education. With homeschooling the ultimate control and responsibility for education rests with the parents, not with the child.
- A definition of unschooling from the pulpit of Davies Memorial Unitarian Universalist Church.
What God Thinks about Unschooling
- Harvey Bluedorn of Trivium Pursuit argues that unschooling is incompatible with Christianity.
What Is Unschooling?
- In this Home Education Learning Magazine essay, Karen Gibson explains unschooling as trusting that your child will learn what he needs to know for his own life, in his own time frame.
- Article from the free online encyclopedia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 9, 2014 at 9:54:08 UTC -