become an editor
the entire directory
only in Special_Needs/Behavior
K through 12
Attention Deficit Disorders
Joy and Loss: The Emotional Lives of Gifted Children
- Gifted children have unique emotional needs. In addition to their skills and success, they are typically more lonely, more perfectionistic, and in more pain.
Emotional Needs of the Gifted
- Examines the social aspects of being gifted. (November 01, 2003)
Existential Depression in Gifted Individuals
- What is it? Why does it disproportionately affect our gifted youth? (August 01, 2002)
- A layman's explanation by Stephanie Tolan. (February 01, 1999)
Bright Star - Black Sky
- A phenomenological study of depression as a window into the psyche of the gifted adolescent. (February 20, 1998)
SENGifted.org: Gifted Students with Attention Deficits: Fact and/or Fiction? Or, Can We See the Forest for the Trees?
- As the frequency of school disabilities attributed to attention deficits continues to soar, there are increasing reasons to believe that many bright youngsters claimed to suffer from ADHD and other problems of concentration may be misdiagnosed. (January 01, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 16:25:42 UTC -