become an editor
the entire directory
only in Educators/Teaching_Resources
K through 12
Open Directory - Reference: Education: K through 12: Educators: Teaching Resources
Products and Services
Kids and Teens: School Time
Reference: Education: Directories
Reference: Education: Journals
Reference: Education: K through 12: Curriculum
Reference: Education: Subjects
This category in other languages:
- Offers resources and services for sixth through twelfth grade teachers and their students including curricula, project ideas, and collaborative opportunities in the areas of science, language arts, and community service.
A to Z Kids Stuff
- Worksheets and lesson resources for toddlers to schoolage children to help them grow and have fun.
- Supplements to middle school, junior high, and high school curricula including programs, study guides, and links.
- Features information about educational activities, book reviews, and gadget guide.
- Affers a free monthly multi-media presentation, lesson plans, assignments, grading rubrics, and activities for the classroom. It also offers biographies, research, chat, events and speakers, and educational products.
Brenden is Teaching
- Free teaching resource generators, downloads, classroom toys and utilities.
- Class charts is an online system for managing class seating charts and behaviour.
- A practical guide for integrating the Internet into your classroom. Contains unique ideas for using the Internet in a variety of core subject areas including math, science, and social studies. Published nine times annually by Academic Innovations.
Classroom Displays and Bulletin Boards
- Over 40 links to bulletin board sites as well as over 25 pages of bulletin board ideas for the classroom.
Cool Cat Teacher Blog
- Resources, information, and tools for teachers including global collaboration from a classroom teacher.
Core Standards Lessons and Links
- Core-standards.org is a community for teachers who will migrate to core standards from individual state curriculum standards.
- Curriculum, literature resources, links to cotton and educational organizations promoting the importance of this crop.
Creative Ideas from a Mentor Teacher
- Mentor teacher program and search engine links.
- Provides ways to integrate technology into the classroom in several subjects including math, science, social studies, and language arts. Includes curriculum ideas, Internet treasure hunts, research tools, and technology links.
Dr. Michael Fenichel's Teaching Tools
- Collection of resources for classroom teachers, parents, and school-based counselors.
- Educational links
Education By Design
- Practical ideas and information for teaching reading, writing, spelling and math.
- A book review journal for new books in education.
Ethical Reasoning and the Art of Classroom Dialogue
- Techniques for leading classroom dialogue with students in which students feel secure to express their own thoughts instead of parroting what the teacher wants to hear. How to develop students' critical thinking and ethical reasoning.
Farah's Educational Links
- Links to general resources such as the U.S. Department of Education, special education, and bilingual education as well as links specific teachers' lesson plans and research sites.
George Lucas Educational Foundation: Edutopia
- Working to improve public schools with resources, tools, and solutions for teachers, administrators, and parents.
- E-learning projects, international competitions and resources aimed at improving academic performance, develop science, math, literacy and communication skills, foster teamwork, civic responsibility and collaboration, encourage workforce preparedness and create multi-cultural understanding.
- Teachers can post their homework assignments on the internet for student/parent access and conduct online forums with students.
Houghton Mifflin's Education Place
- K-8 elementary educational activities, games, themes, graphic organizers, writing prompts, benchmark papers, and research.
I Love That Teaching Idea!
- Resources for elementary school teachers in math, science, reading, writing, spelling, and assessment, as well as workshops and recommended books.
- Comparison of different Individual Education Plan writing systems.
In the Mix PBS Series for Educators
- Transcripts, discussion guides, and other resources to help educators integrate "In the Mix," the PBS series for teens, into the classroom.
- Database download of resources, lesson plans, free stuff, teaching ideas, themes, units, and software.
K-12 Math Information
- Provides over 135,000 pieces of information on 1000 content items commonly used in k-12th grade mathematics
K-12 Teaching Resources from UD Graduate College of Marine Studies
- The UD Graduate College of Marine Studies and the Sea Grant College Program offer a variety of free or low-cost resources to K–12 teachers seeking marine science information and curriculum materials. Sea Grant also sponsors professional development courses in conjunction with the state Department of Education, National Science Foundation, and other partners.
Kiddyhouse.com: Resource Center for Kids and Teachers
- Worksheets, clip art, lesson plans and resources, tools, songs, poems, and crafts. Also has resources for students and parents.
LEGO Engineering: A resource for educators using LEGO Mindstorms
- LEGO Engineering is a resource for educators who use LEGO Mindstorms technologies. The site features activities for the LEGO RCX and NXT as well as support resources like a knowledgebase, code archive, gallery and community listing.
Learn North Carolina
- K-12 lesson plans, assessments, and web links, and professional development with some resources reserved for registered North Carolina members.
- Lesson plans and lesson plan templates for teachers.
- Teacher's tool for assessing literacy ability of students with standardised online literacy tests.
Mathematical Tale Winds
- Contains stories with mathematical problem solving embedded in them and sample K-8 mathematics lesson plans.
Metro Educational Cooperative Services Unit
- Provides educational experiences for governmental and non-profit organizations in Minnesota ranging from a composite calendar for all members and special academic challenges for students to workshops for administrators.
Mythology's Mything Links: Teachers' Reference K-12
- This illustrated page focuses on resources for teaching myth, folklore, and the arts, but it also includes general resources. Each link is annotated by Kathleen Jenks, Ph.D., a professor of mythology at a small graduate institute.
NASA CORE - Central Operation of Resources for Educators
- Links for students, teachers, and the community from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
National Center for Educational Statistics K-12 Practitioners' Home Page
- Current research and statistics specially tailored for educators' interests and needs, presented with animated charts/graphs.
National Gallery of Art - Directory of Teacher Programs and Resources
- List compiled for all K-12 educators and museum professionals.
- An instructional touch typing guide for teachers and their students. Topics include general tips, computer lab rules, and a teaching checklist.
Pamela's Homepage: Teaching Matters
- Classroom management ideas,free stuff, back to school ideas, and links.
Personal Educational Press
- A free online utility for teachers, parents, and tutors to make flash cards, print word lists, and generate worksheets for educational games.
Pratt's Educational Resources for Teachers & Parents
- Worksheets, games and resources in various subjects and themes. Also includes editorials and biography of site author.
- A community of teachers in early childhood, elementary, and middle school; teaching discussions, blogs, and chat.
Professional Teachers Council Web Activities
- Dozens of webquests on various topics with rubrics and teachers guides included.
- Suggested webquest for teachers, combining math and pumpkins.
- A site that allows you to create puzzles and games for your newsletters, flyers, handouts,or classroom assignments.
- Several dozen kinds of questions and questioning tools presented with graphic organizers.
RHL School-Free Worksheets and More
- Exercises in various subject areas and additional resources.
- Explanation of various types of online reading test.
- Information about the different types of standardised reading test.
Report Comment Bank
- Point and click system to help teachers write their student report cards.
Report card comments
- Collection of comments for teachers to use on school report cards.
- Resources ranging from lesson plans and professional links to authors and online activities.
- A simple search engine with results posted in categories.
Smithsonian Center for Education and Museum Studies
- Education resources and information, lesson plans, field trips, and interactive activities based on Smithsonian museum collections and research.
Strategies for Empowering Students
- Activities to challenge students' minds,empower their senses of well-being, and rekindle their hearts with a commitment to values and beliefs essential to becoming and being whole individuals.
Success Beyond the Classroom
- Special academic challenge programs for students in Minnesota schools.
Syvum: Complete Solution for Teachers
- Online grade book, quiz library and creation capacity, games, and downloads. Upgrades available for a fee.
TENET Educator Resources
- Includes and diverse list of links.
TRIP1 K-12 Teaching Resources
- Teacher resource/web portal.
- Collection of interactive resources for teaching ICT and computer studies.
Teacher Support Force
- Veteran teacher Pat Jones shares techniques and strategies for applying brain science in the classroom to support learning.
- Portal to resources for elementary educators.
- Based upon professional development series and workshops broadcast on the Annenberg Channel, each lab combines online activities with background information and interactive polls or worksheets participants can use in their classrooms as well as links to related web sites.
- Classroom resources and lesson plans for K-12. Materials, reviewed by teachers and sorted by subject area and grade level. Professional resources. Suggested research sites.
Teaching Is a Work of Heart
- Includes thematic units, ideas for all holidays, humor for teachers, interactive links, free worksheets, lessons, and poems.
- Newsletter with discussion lists, activities, links, and archives.
Teaching Multicultural Literature
- Online workshop with teaching strategies, sample texts and videos, and recommended authors.
- Provides secondary teachers with time-saving tips, free downloadable teaching materials, in-depth articles and many other educational features.
- Teacher and student links arranged by subject.
- Provides news, tools, online resources, and the latest technology that can be integrated in a classroom.
The Copernicus Education Gateway
- Directory of websites offering educational resources for students, parents, and teachers.
The Critical Thinking Community
- Providing a forum and resources about Socratic questioning, higher order thinking, and critical thinking. Organizer of conferences and publisher of books and academic resources for teachers.
The Digital Education Network
- Lessons and activities in math, language arts, social studies, astronomy and graphic design.
The Jigsaw Classroom: A Cooperative Learning Technique
- Strategies and resources for reducing racial conflict, promoting better learning, and improving student motivation.
The Lookstein Center - The Virtual Resource Center
- Educational resources for Jewish educators. Includes workbooks, lesson plans, links, discussion forum and registration information.
The U.S. Mint's Teachers' Section
- Re-useable, cross-curricular classroom resource for teachers.
The Virtual Vine
- Pre-K through 2nd grade themes and units, literacy, and curriculum links.
The Wirral Learning Grid
- United Kingdom resources in specific subject areas, curriculum advice, and professional development.
- Public Broadcasting from Boston: weekly highlights, links to websites for WGBH productions which are fully accessible to surfers with disabilities.
Wisconsin Educational Communications Board
- Provides information about professional development and classroom and technology resources related to public broadcasting programming.
- Printable worksheets, puzzles and activities that can be differentiated and randomized at the touch of a button. Ideal for children at primary or elementary school.
- Part of a large site of resources for teachers, this page has worksheet generators, bank of existing worksheets, and links to others.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, September 14, 2012 8:15:55 AM EDT -