become an editor
the entire directory
only in Educators/New_and_Prospective_Teachers
K through 12
New and Prospective Teachers
Computers: Software: Educational: Teachers Help
Reference: Education: Educators: Employment
- School-based initial teacher training through the GTP route. UK.
American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Includes news, publications, meetings, teacher preparation information, professional development, and state chapters.
Assessing Teachers' Effectiveness
- Contains information and discussion concerning the following conceptual aspects of assessing teachers' effectiveness: purposes; category of teachers to be assessed; conceptions of teachers' work; dimensions of teacher quality; approach to establishing validity of assessments.
- Weblog covering the whole first year out of college as a teacher.
- A support environment for professionals mentoring or supervising novice teachers. Includes an integration of theory, research, and application of promising practices for promoting educator learning and personal development.
The New Teacher Book
- Selected articles from the book.
New Teacher Center at University of California, Santa Cruz
- A national resource dedicated to teacher development. Offering several support programs designed to equip the new teacher with necessary skills and support for success in the classroom.
New Teacher Survival Guide
- Includes how to get a job, teaching jokes, classroom discipline tips, and pros and cons of public and private schools.
- Information about helping new teachers.
Primary Catholic Partnership
- School-centred initial teacher training in the Southampton, UK area which promotes high standards of teaching and learning based on a Catholic philosophy of education.
Rethinkingschools.org - Getting Students Off The Track
- First-year teacher shares her experiences and insights.
Rethinkingschools.org - Teaching to Make a Difference
- A collection of advice to someone who is new to the teaching profession.
Survival Guide for New Teachers
- From the US Department of Education.
Teach For America
- TFA is a national teacher corps of recent college graduates who commit two years to teach and to effect change in under-resourced urban and rural public schools.
Teacher Certification Information
- Credentialing and advanced degree information for beginning teachers, experienced teachers and administrators, as well as educator information for each state.
Teacher Training Agency (UK)
- An executive non-departmental public body whose purpose is to raise standards in schools by attracting able and committed people to teaching and by improving the quality of teacher training.
Thoughts on Teach for America
- A former Teach for America corps member reflects on the program and offers advice to prospective applicants.
What to Expect Your First Year of Teaching
- Dedicated to the first year teacher. The site manages to articulate the primary challenges and rewards of teaching in a clear and succinct way, using the words of the teachers themselves. New and Veteran teachers respond to issues ranging from professional isolation to differences in student ability to the unexpected exhilaration of this demanding career.
NPR : One Year in the Life at Roosevelt High School, A Special Report
- NPR's Robert Smith is spending a year following the students and faculty at Roosevelt High School in Seattle, Wash. -- the largest high school in the city. (October 01, 2001)
New and Prospective Teachers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 12, 2016 at 7:54:09 UTC -