the entire directory
only in K_through_12/Educators
K through 12
Open Directory - Reference: Education: K through 12: Educators
New and Prospective Teachers
Personal and Class Pages
Reference: Education: Educators
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Education: Teaching and Administration
6 + 1 Trait Writing
- Teachers and students can use the model to pinpoint areas of strength and weakness as they continue to focus on continued writing improvement.
A-to-Z Teacher Stuff
- Online lesson plans, thematic units, teacher tips, discussion boards, educational articles and sites, book and literature activities.
- For teachers and prospective teachers. "How to" information ranging from lesson planning to classroom management, and curriculum theory.
ALPS-Active Learning Practices for Schools
- From Harvard Graduate School of Education. Interactive forums, curriculum design resources, model lessons and activities, opportunities for professional reflection.
Cal Teacher Blog
- California educator shares experience and useful curriculum for new and veteran teachers.
Center for Teaching Quality (CTQ)
- As a research-based advocacy organization, CTQ focuses primarily on (1) the conditions of teaching that will allow teachers to help students learn, (2) leadership opportunities for America’s best teachers to improve teaching and learning policies, and (3) new ways to engage the public in teaching quality and student achievement issues
Community Learning Network (CLN)
- The network's primary focus is to help K-12 teachers integrate information technology into their classrooms.
- Includes lesson plans, teacher's store, puzzlemakers, curriculum ideas, television programs, and Schrock's links.
eduScapes: A Site for Life-long Learners
- Information-rich collage of educational resources for every student and teacher.
Field Trip Factory
- Free field trips in your community. Hands-on experiences make active learning come to life. All lessons meet national learning standards.
Find Schools Online
- Advice, news, and resources for educators desiring to return to school for a Master's or Doctorate's degree. Includes an directory of colleges and universities around the world and their programs. Diverse range of degrees represented: education, cooking, medicine, business, and others.
Hands On Helper
- Educational activities for those in or studying elementary education.
Independent Schools Religious Studies Association (ISRSA)
- The principal means by which Religious Studies teachers in independent schools in the United Kingdom can keep in touch with each other, exchange views, and provide mutual support.
JSC Learning Technologies Project
- Internet tools for K-12 teachers and students.
The Master Teacher
- Providing training for everyone involved in education through publications, seminars, books, videos, and software.
The National Board For Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS)
- Works to strengthen the teaching profession and to improve student learning in America's schools by establishing high standards for teachers.
National Teachers Enhancement Network
- Delivers teaching resources and professional development opportunities through the Internet directly to K-12 science teachers.
Physics Teacher Education Coalition (PTEC)
- An association of physics departments dedicated to the improvement of American K-12 physics and physical science teacher preparation.
Project SITE SUPPORT (PSS)
- A education/business community partnership to train, and retain teachers in the K-12 urban environments.
Resources for Advanced Placement Teachers
- A non-profit corporation that works with Texas schools and the private sector to manage Advanced Placement (AP) and (Pre-AP) incentive programs, partnerships whereby a private donor provides incentives to a school district to increase the number of students passing AP exams.
- Teachers can post information homework and other class information on their own personal page for parents to access. Free service with banner advertising.
Teach for America
- National teacher recruitment program which seeks to attract college graduates to the classroom.
- Web portal for educators. Includes lesson plans, tools, worksheets, articles and tips for teachers.
- Teacher forum and discussion boards. Includes directory of resources for teachers, plus free lesson plans and teaching-oriented newsletters.
Teachers Helping Teachers
- A not-for-profit site providing teaching tips, lesson plans, and forums for teachers to network with each other. Material on the site is updated weekly during the school year.
- Teacher discussion boards and chatrooms. Lesson plans, project ideas and teaching tools. Searchable teacher job listings and career resources.
- Find lessons, printables, quizzes, free newsletters, products for sale.
- An experienced teacher shares her expertise through articles that cover most every area of teaching. Also personally answers questions through email. Discussion board and place for other teachers to share things that worked for them.
U.S. Department of Education: New Teacher's Guide
- Information about academic standards, grants, and a variety of resources provided by the U.S. Dept. of Education. [Archived, last updated in the year 2000]
Usenet k12.chat.teacher -
Usenet school.teachers -
Usenet uk.education.teachers -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, January 3, 2013 9:05:03 AM EST -