become an editor
the entire directory
only in Academic_Dishonesty/Plagiarism
Kids and Teens: School Time: English: Writing: Plagiarism
Reference: Education: Products and Services: Academic Papers
Reference: Libraries: Library and Information Science: Intellectual Property
Society: Issues: Education: Diploma Mills
Society: Issues: Intellectual Property
This category in other languages:
- Ideas to use in preventing and detecting plagiarism.
- Publisher's site providing information about The Plagiarism Handbook, a book with information about preventing, detecting, and dealing with plagiarism.
- Examples and practice exercises from Rio Salado College.
Center for Academic Integrity
- Provides a forum to identify, affirm, and promote the values of academic integrity among students. It is affiliated with the Kenan Institute for Ethics at Duke University.
Copyright Issues on the Web
- Briefly discusses the relationship between copyright and plagiarism.
- Preventing, detecting and tracking online plagiarism.
Dalhousie University: Plagiarism and Intellectual Honesty
- Dalhousie's policies, news about plagiarism in university settings, and resources for faculty and students to help understand, avoid and detect plagiarism.
Educause: Term Paper Mills, Anti-Plagiarism Tools, and Academic Integrity
- Article taken from the October 2001 issue of Educause Review. [PDF]
History News Network: What Is Plagiarism?
- Definitions of plagiarism from the American Historical Association, Modern Language Association, and the American Psychological Association.
Homeschool Kids and Plagiarism
- Essay from Susan Richman asking, "Has plagiarism ever come up in conversation at home with your kids?"
Internet Essay Exposer
- Use this resource to confirm if an essay was created by the student who submitted it, or copied in part or in full from the web.
John Templeton Foundation: College and Character
- An initiative to encourage colleges and universities to do as much as they can to reinforce the positive values instilled by parents, such as honesty, compassion, self-discipline, and respect.
The New Plagiarism
- Highlights differences between 'electronic' plagiarism and traditional plagiarism.
- What It is and How to Recognize and Avoid It. From Indiana University Writing Resources page.
- Subtitled "How to Write Term Papers Without Being Sucked into the Black Hole."
Plagiarism and Copyright Infringement
- Article briefly discusses plagiarism in commercial and educational settings on the web.
Plagiarism and How to Avoid It
- Techniques, listing references, self-tests and worksheets from David Gardner of the University of Hong Kong.
Plagiarism and the Internet
- Bibliography of print resources on plagiarism and the web.
Plagiarism and the Web
- Presents a concise list of methods for combating plagiarism in the classroom. From Bruce Leland of Western Illinois University.
The Plagiarism Resource Center
- Free software that allows teachers to compare papers and determine if one is plagiarized, plus links to other resources.
Plagiarism Today (PT)
- A site targeted at webmasters and copyright holders regarding the issue of plagiarism online.
Plagiarism: A Guide For Law Lecturers
- Alison Bone, University of Brighton, provides basic information on the nature of plagiarism and how to prevent it, supplemented by extracts from the University of Brighton's student guide on plagiarism.
Plagiarism: Definitions, Examples and Penalties
- Documents used by the University of Kentucky Department of Chemistry.
- Provides resources, training, advice and guidance to the education sector, to help address concerns about plagiarism.
Purdue University - Avoiding Plagiarism
- A handout designed to help writers develop strategies for knowing how to avoid accidental plagiarism.
Resources for Preventing and Detecting Plagiarism
- A professor provides an informal collection of web resources on preventing and detecting plagiarism.
School of Education, Indiana University: How to Recognize Plagiarism
- A tutorial with many examples, practice questions with feedback, and a test.
SparkNotes: The Plagiarism Plague
- Study guide company explains its stance on plagiarism, explains what it is and how to entirely avoid it.
Web Miner: Plagiarism
- Clearinghouse for articles, resources, and information about plagiarism.
“Uni Cheats Racket”: A Case Study in Plagiarism Investigation
- Article by Justin Zobel investigates an Australian case in 2001 in which around thirty students appear to have obtained material from a private tutor. Some details were reported in the press during 2003 when a student and the tutor were sentenced in court. [PDF]
BBC NEWS Magazine - Cut and paste
- Bloggers are naming names, creating an award for news organizations who plagiarize weblogs without attribution. (December 01, 2005)
BBC News - Web checks for student cheating
- Detection software will search 800 million websites to stop students plagiarising from the internet. (June 01, 2004)
In Praise of Plagiarism
- Suggests that plagiarism and cheating aren't always the same. Argues that the emphasis on "originality" for everything written or otherwise created is a hard target to hit. (January 01, 2004)
In Praise of Plagiarism
- Russ Hunt writes, "The challenge of easier and more convenient plagiarism is to be welcomed. This rising tide threatens to change things for... the better." (November 01, 2002)
NPR : All Things Considered: Internet & College Cheating
- A Realaudio-format radio report about the temptation to cheat via the internet on college coursework and how professors are fighting this trend. (segment is 9 minutes 30 seconds in duration). (May 21, 2002)
NPR : All Things Considered : Preaching and Plagiarism
- Realaudio-format radio report about the recent suspension of a clergyman for plagiarism (segment is 4 minutes and 15 seconds in duration). (March 13, 2002)
NPR : All Things Considered: Plagiarism
- Realaudio-format radio report. NPR talks with Thomas Mallon, author of Stolen Words: Forays into the Origins and Ravages of Plagiarism, about the discovery of plagiarism by well-known authors such as Steven Ambrose, and research techniques which should help avoid the problem (Segment is 4 minutes and 30 seconds in duration). (January 10, 2002)
NYTimes.com- Colleges Use Sites to Expose Cheaters
- Account of how a University of California at Berkeley professor caught students cheating. (January 01, 2000)
Email 'cheating' students face mass expulsion (The Register)
- A group of students accused of sharing "programming solutions" by email now face fines or expulsion. (August 15, 1999)
CNN.com - Boston University takes on term paper firms
- Boston University is suing eight companies that sell term papers over the Internet. The school wants the federal courts to enforce a Massachusetts law banning the sale of term papers. (February 08, 1998)
CSMonitor.com - Term Papers at the Click of a Mouse
- 1997 article discussing the easily availability of online term papers. (January 01, 1907)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 25, 2014 at 10:05:10 UTC -