become an editor
the entire directory
only in Academic_Dishonesty/Plagiarism
Kids and Teens: School Time: English: Writing: Plagiarism
Reference: Education: Products and Services: Academic Papers
Reference: Libraries: Library and Information Science: Intellectual Property
Society: Issues: Education: Diploma Mills
Society: Issues: Intellectual Property
This category in other languages:
- Ideas to use in preventing and detecting plagiarism.
- Examples and practice exercises from Rio Salado College.
Center for Academic Integrity
- Provides a forum to identify, affirm, and promote the values of academic integrity among students. It is affiliated with the Kenan Institute for Ethics at Duke University.
Copyright Issues on the Web
- Briefly discusses the relationship between copyright and plagiarism.
Dalhousie University: Plagiarism and Intellectual Honesty
- Dalhousie's policies, news about plagiarism in university settings, and resources for faculty and students to help understand, avoid and detect plagiarism.
Educause: Term Paper Mills, Anti-Plagiarism Tools, and Academic Integrity
- Article taken from the October 2001 issue of Educause Review. [PDF]
History News Network: What Is Plagiarism?
- Definitions of plagiarism from the American Historical Association, Modern Language Association, and the American Psychological Association.
Homeschool Kids and Plagiarism
- Essay from Susan Richman asking, "Has plagiarism ever come up in conversation at home with your kids?"
Internet Essay Exposer
- Use this resource to confirm if an essay was created by the student who submitted it, or copied in part or in full from the web.
John Templeton Foundation: College and Character
- An initiative to encourage colleges and universities to do as much as they can to reinforce the positive values instilled by parents, such as honesty, compassion, self-discipline, and respect.
The New Plagiarism
- Highlights differences between 'electronic' plagiarism and traditional plagiarism.
- What It is and How to Recognize and Avoid It. From Indiana University Writing Resources page.
- Subtitled "How to Write Term Papers Without Being Sucked into the Black Hole."
Plagiarism and Copyright Infringement
- Article briefly discusses plagiarism in commercial and educational settings on the web.
Plagiarism and the Internet
- Bibliography of print resources on plagiarism and the web.
Plagiarism and the Web
- Presents a concise list of methods for combating plagiarism in the classroom. From Bruce Leland of Western Illinois University.
The Plagiarism Resource Center
- Free software that allows teachers to compare papers and determine if one is plagiarized, plus links to other resources.
Plagiarism Today (PT)
- A site targeted at webmasters and copyright holders regarding the issue of plagiarism online.
Plagiarism: Definitions, Examples and Penalties
- Documents used by the University of Kentucky Department of Chemistry.
- Provides resources, training, advice and guidance to the education sector, to help address concerns about plagiarism.
Purdue University - Avoiding Plagiarism
- A handout designed to help writers develop strategies for knowing how to avoid accidental plagiarism.
Resources for Preventing and Detecting Plagiarism
- A professor provides an informal collection of web resources on preventing and detecting plagiarism.
School of Education, Indiana University: How to Recognize Plagiarism
- A tutorial with many examples, practice questions with feedback, and a test.
SparkNotes: The Plagiarism Plague
- Study guide company explains its stance on plagiarism, explains what it is and how to entirely avoid it.
University of Regina: Stopping Plagiarism
- Preventing, detecting and tracking online plagiarism.
“Uni Cheats Racket”: A Case Study in Plagiarism Investigation
- Article by Justin Zobel investigates an Australian case in 2001 in which around thirty students appear to have obtained material from a private tutor. Some details were reported in the press during 2003 when a student and the tutor were sentenced in court. [PDF]
BBC NEWS Magazine - Cut and paste
- Bloggers are naming names, creating an award for news organizations who plagiarize weblogs without attribution. (December 01, 2005)
BBC News - Web checks for student cheating
- Detection software will search 800 million websites to stop students plagiarising from the internet. (June 01, 2004)
In Praise of Plagiarism
- Suggests that plagiarism and cheating aren't always the same. Argues that the emphasis on "originality" for everything written or otherwise created is a hard target to hit. (January 01, 2004)
In Praise of Plagiarism
- Russ Hunt writes, "The challenge of easier and more convenient plagiarism is to be welcomed. This rising tide threatens to change things for... the better." (November 01, 2002)
NPR : All Things Considered: Internet & College Cheating
- A Realaudio-format radio report about the temptation to cheat via the internet on college coursework and how professors are fighting this trend. (segment is 9 minutes 30 seconds in duration). (May 21, 2002)
NPR : All Things Considered : Preaching and Plagiarism
- Realaudio-format radio report about the recent suspension of a clergyman for plagiarism (segment is 4 minutes and 15 seconds in duration). (March 13, 2002)
NPR : All Things Considered: Plagiarism
- Realaudio-format radio report. NPR talks with Thomas Mallon, author of Stolen Words: Forays into the Origins and Ravages of Plagiarism, about the discovery of plagiarism by well-known authors such as Steven Ambrose, and research techniques which should help avoid the problem (Segment is 4 minutes and 30 seconds in duration). (January 10, 2002)
NYTimes.com- Colleges Use Sites to Expose Cheaters
- Account of how a University of California at Berkeley professor caught students cheating. (January 01, 2000)
Email 'cheating' students face mass expulsion (The Register)
- A group of students accused of sharing "programming solutions" by email now face fines or expulsion. (August 15, 1999)
CNN.com - Boston University takes on term paper firms
- Boston University is suing eight companies that sell term papers over the Internet. The school wants the federal courts to enforce a Massachusetts law banning the sale of term papers. (February 08, 1998)
CSMonitor.com - Term Papers at the Click of a Mouse
- 1997 article discussing the easily availability of online term papers. (January 01, 1907)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 7, 2016 at 15:24:03 UTC -