become an editor
the entire directory
only in Kent_State_University/May_4,_1970_Shootings
Colleges and Universities
Kent State University
May 4, 1970 Shootings
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: 1960s
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: 1970s
Al Jazeera English - Programmes - The day the war came home
- VIDEO NEWS, May 2010 international TV segment, 22 minutes video, featuring interviews of Kent State 1970 victims & eyewitnesses.
Chronicle of Higher Education Archives - May 4, 1970
- "A Week of Tragedy: Disorders Flare, 4 Students Die As U.S. Action in Cambodia Inflames Many Campuses".
Democracy Now! - Four Dead in Ohio: 35th Anniversary of Kent State Shootings
- Includes streaming audio and video from film documentary, "Kent State: The Day the War Came Home". 1970 news coverage, interviews with eyewitnesses and participants.
The Digital Journalist - Bitter Passage: Kent State and the Fall of Saigon
- Photos, oral histories and video interviews.
Digital Journalist - Howard Ruffner
- Howard Ruffner, a KSU student photographer, captured some of the best May 4, 1970, photos. His interview, text and RealAudio, is followed by 10 pages of photographs.
The Digital Journalist - The Picture from Kent State
- John Filo was a Kent State University student when he captured the top news photo of 1970: a girl screaming over the dead body of Jeffrey Miller who was killed by the national guard. Filo tells his story online.
FBI Records: The Vault
- Links to eight sites which contain the FBI files on the Kent State shooting.
Guide to the Kent State collection: table of contents
- Overview of the Kent State collection at Yale
History.com -- Search Results for: kent state 1970 —
- Various useful History.com links to relevant Kent State-1970 related issues.
Howard Ruffner - 1970 Kent State student journalist photographs
- Approximately 200 uncropped photographs by noted 1970 Kent State University journalism student-photographer. May 1-4, 1970, photos with captions, images before and after tragedy.
Kent May 4 Center
- Non-profit educational organization providing detailed information about the events surrounding the Kent State shootings.
Kent State and Jackson State tragedies of 1970.
- Kent State and Jackson State 1970 tragedies featured with good brief description and photos. Focus upon victims killed and injured.
Kent State Rifle photo/info: Smithsonian Museum of American History
- Actual M-1 rifle used by Ohio National Guard at Kent State University on May 4, 1970: includes photo, dimensions, weight and history.
Kent State shooting enhanced audio home movie. May 4, 1970
- Synchronization of the movie of the shooting with the audio of the shooting
Kent State shootings developments
- This blog, written by William A. Gordon (KSU, 1973), the author of "Four Dead in Ohio," offers commentary on the latest developments in the Kent State shooting case.
The Kent State shootings: annotated bibliography
- An annotated bibliography of the May 4, 1970 Kent State killings and its legal aftermath. Adapted with permission from William A. Gordon's book "Four Dead in Ohio."
Kent State Shootings: May 4, 1970
- Launched by former student journalists who covered the days events, with links to newspaper articles, FBI documents, photos, cartoons, videos, and other archived resources.
Kent State Student Killings: 1970-1979 legal/courtroom aftermath
- A good, concise summary of 1970-1979 legal aftermath following the 1970 Kent State tragedy.
Kent State Tape Is Said to Reveal Orders - New York Times
- If confirmed as authentic, the recording could solve the central mystery of the shootings at Kent State University in 1970.
Kent State University, May 4 Collection
- The definitive source of information on the shooting of students at Kent State University on May 4, 1970.
Kent State, 1970: Richard Zitrin, journalist, student eyewitness.
- Accurate description of 1970 events by a former KSU student who is now a respected journalist.
Lesson Plan: May, 1970: Tragedy at Kent and Jackson State
- Students who participate in this activity will become familiar with the issues and events leading up to the Lesson plan for teachers. Skill: High School/College. Time Required: Four to five class periods. Focus: Jackson State and Kent State shootings, as well as gain experience in sifting large amounts of complex and sometimes conflicting information, synthesizing information, and creating arguments for presentation.
May 4 Archive
- Text of J. Gregory Payne's MayDay, including chronology, related primary documents, and accounts of the victims with insights from family, friends and personal writings. Panel discussion and author's account of dramatic license vs. historical accuracy in NBC's "Kent State."
Mike and Kendra's May 4, 1970 Web Site
- Contains history of events at Kent State in May of 1970, a resource page, and links to related web sites.
New York Times newspaper articles re: Cambodia, Kent State, May of 1970.
- Various 1970 New York Times newspaper articles describe the national crisis after the US invasion of Cambodia, the Kent State tragedy and the national reaction.
Site of Kent State shootings joins National Register of Historic Places | The Columbus Dispatch
- On February 22, 2010, US Government approves site of May 4, 1970, Kent State tragedy to National Register of Historic Places. Article online by Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, Ohio's Daily Newspaper.
TIME Magazine: At War with War
- An article concerning the Kent State tragedy of May 4, 1970, and the national crisis after the U.S. military invasion of Cambodia from Vietnam.
Tom Grace, Kent State casualty/eyewitness, May 4, 1970
- Excerpts from the book From Camelot to Kent State featuring observations of student Tom Grace who was shot through his left foot.
USA TODAY 2010 : May 4, 1970 Kent State shootings are an enduring history lesson .
- Forty years after Guardsmen fired into a crowd killing four people, 1970 tragedy is studied at Kent State.
WKSU News Feature: Remembering Kent State, 1970 (RealAudio)
- "...focuses on the sounds of May 4th. Eyewitness accounts combined with historic audio take the listener directly to the scene...Eyewitnesses tell the story."
WKSU News: Newly-Enhanced Audio Tape May Reveal Order to Fire on Kent State Students
- 2007 news may prove 1970 Ohio National Guard verbal command to shoot unarmed Kent State students. Includes audio of newly-revealed evidence.
Yale Daily News - Library’s recording may clarify Kent State killings
- An audiocassette that has sat in a Yale library for nearly two decades may hold the evidence explaining why Ohio National Guard troops shot into a crowd of war protesters at Kent State University in 1970.
YouTube - Kent State shootings
- Kent State 1970 video documentary by a young student participating in National History Day with focus upon tragedy and impact.
YouTube - May 4, 1970 : images and taped commands to shoot, Kent State in 1970
- Artistic watercolor images portray 13 seconds, May 4, 1970, including taped sounds of commands to shoot unarmed Kent State University students.
YouTube - The Kent State Massacre song by Ryan Harvey of riotfolk.org
- This folk song, based upon a Woody Guthrie tune about the Ludlow Massacre, features accurate lyrics matched with 1970 Kent State photographs.
“This Is Not What It Sounds Like On TV:” Carol Mirman on the 1970 Kent State Shootings
- An eyewitness describes her experience at Kent State in 1970. Text and audio.
New analysis of 40-year-old recording of Kent State shootings reveals that Ohio Guard was given an order to prepare to fire.
- Article from the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper, May 9, 2010. (May 09, 2010)
New York Times - 4 Kent State Students Killed by Troops
- Article and copy of NYT front page, May 5, 1970. (May 04, 1970)
May 4, 1970 Shootings
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 4, 2015 at 2:35:19 UTC -