become an editor
the entire directory
only in Departments_and_Programs/Agriculture_and_Life_Sciences,_College_of
Colleges and Universities
Departments and Programs
Agriculture and Life Sciences, College of
Open Directory - Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities: North America: United States: New York: Cornell University: Departments and Programs: Agriculture and Life Sciences, College of
Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities: North America: United States: New York: SUNY
Science: Agriculture: Academic Departments
New York State College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS)
- "Aggies" fulfill the mission of the land grant university to improve the nation's food supply and maintain its safety, to enhance the environment, and to help people improve their lives.
- Researches the biology and management of domestic animals.
Biological Statistics and Computational Biology
- A department of seven full-time faculty with expertise in the mathematical sciences applied to biology, including statistics, probability, biomathematics, and computing.
- Engages in the fundamental study and application of communication science.
Cornell Raptor Program
- Program in the department of Animal Science lists workshops for students and the public.
Crop and Soil Sciences (CSS)
- Provides pragmatic solutions to agricultural and environmental problems, produce an educated populace, and advance the understanding of basic natural processes. Information about people; news and current event announcements; description of research and extension projects; related links New York state soil information;
Department of Applied Economics and Management
- Offering courses in agricultural economics, environmental and resource economics, development economics, management, law, and accounting.
Department of Development Sociology
- Programs, course list, directory of faculty and staff.
Earth and Atmospheric Science (EAS)
- Emphasizes the scientific study of the behavior of weather and climate, and applications to the important practical problems of weather forecasting and climate prediction. Site provides an overview of EAS research, news and seminar announcements, related links, and alumni resources.
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Provides information on courses and programs offered by this department.
- Fosters understanding about the development and utilization of human capabilities, especially as it applies to agricultural, biological, environmental, and rural community issues.
- Protecting horticultural crops from attack by insects and mites by studying the biology and ecology of crop pests and improving pesticide management procedures.
- Educate students for careers in the food industry, academia, and government, conduct research that will enhance the wholesomeness and availability of food, transfer information and technology to consumers and food scientists.
- The Department serves New York State and society at large by generating and extending knowledge about fruits, vegetables and landscape plants that enhances economic vitality and improves the aesthetic and nutritional well-being of individuals and their communities.
- Offers undergraduate and graduate level, accredited, license-qualifying landscape architecture degrees. Features degree requirements, faculty, courses, and a student gallery.
- Develops and transfers basic new technologies and applications in bioprocess engineering, cellular recognition, gene control and expression, and plant and animal molecular biology.
- Improves society's stewardship of renewable natural resources and their related environments for enduring human use.
Nutritional Sciences, Division of (DNS)
- The largest academic unit in the United States devoted to human nutrition. It is also one of the most diversified, with expertise in molecular and human nutrition, nutrition education, nutritional qualities of food, international nutrition, and food and nutrition policy.
- Represents both basic and applied research areas ranging from biophysics and molecular biology through physiology, plant systematics and ecology.
Agriculture and Life Sciences, College of
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, March 25, 2013 7:07:46 AM EDT -