become an editor
the entire directory
only in University_of_Michigan/Research
Colleges and Universities
University of Michigan
Literature, Science, and the Arts
Armenian Research Center
- Established for the documentation and the publication of materials in the field of Armenian studies and affairs. Objective accomplished through computerized database, publications, outreach, academic support and political contact. Located in Dearborn.
The Biomechanics Research Laboratory
- Conducts theoretical and experimental investigations aimed at reducing the incidence of unintentional injuries in the population. Includes directory of faculty, staff and students, and bibliography of publications.
Center for Japanese Studies
- Features degree programs, faculty, funding, publications, resources and events. Includes hours, location and driving directions.
The Center for Organogenesis
- Includes newsletter, information on core activities, departments, fellowships, graduate and post-graduate studies.
Center for Research on Learning and Teaching
- Dedicated to the support and advancement of learning and teaching. Focuses on faculty and GSI development, evaluation and assessment, instructional technology, research and dissemination, and staff development.
Center for Russian and East European Studies (CREES)
- Lists courses and academic instruction, faculty, events and newsletters, funding and job opportunities, and teacher outreach.
Center for Statistical Consultation and Research
- Provides free consulting services on the statistical aspects of research grants and/or contract proposals. Includes workshops and seminars, and location.
Center for the Education of Women
- Founded in 1964, it is devoted to service, research, and advocacy for women.
Center for the Study of Higher and Postsecondary Education
- CSHPE pursues excellence in scholarship that is of international significance, high quality graduate education, and dissemination of information that will enhance practice and inform policy.
Center for Ultrafast Optical Science
- Performs multidisciplinary laser research. Includes overview of projects, personnel directory, educational programs and research opportunities.
Citi- Center for Information Technology Integration
- Focuses on developing computing technologies that enhance the campus computing environment.
The Detroit Observatory
- Serves as a museum and conducts research, provide instruction, and promote scholarship. Offers instruction and publications.
Edwin S. George Reserve
- U-M's 1500 acre biological research area near Pinckney, MI.
ICPSR Web Site
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research.
Institute for Research on Women and Gender
- Encourages and facilitates activities that link research in Women's Studies, disciplinary departments, interdisciplinary programs and the professional schools. Includes current projects.
Institute for Social Research
- Dedicated to social science in the public interest. Includes list of projects.
Institute for the Humanities
- Offering fellowships and public programs in the humanities and the arts, including art exhibitions, lecture series, conferences, and an annual Humanities Spring Seminar.
Jean and Samuel Frankel Center for Judaic Studies
- Offers students an interdisciplinary approach to the study of Jewish civilizations and thought. Includes faculty and staff directory, and events.
- Conducts studies how protein interactions control cellular processes. Includes details of projects, publications and staff.
Kresge Hearing Research Institute
- Investigates basic questions of hearing and of deafness. Lists laboratories, faculty, training programs and seminars.
- Focusing on cell cycle research and bone progenitor cell biology. Includes staff directory and project details.
Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Nichols Arboretum
- U-M's Arboretum and Botanical Garden, promoting education and research into botanical and design aspects of plants
Mental Health Research Institute
- Offers broad-based program of basic research on the etiology and treatment of mental illness. Lists faculty, grants and fellowships.
Michigan Alzheimer's Disease Research Center
- Nonprofit organization presents details of core programs, volunteer opportunities and donations.
Michigan Memorial Phoenix Project
- Information on how to use nuclear power peacefully.
Michigan Sea Grant
- The Michigan Sea Grant College Program is one of 30 programs established across the nation to promote the understanding and intelligent use of the Great Lakes and oceans.
- History, pictures, telescopes, instruments, and detectors.
- Features a laboratory where new paradigms of learning institutions can be designed, constructed, and studied. Includes details of classes, projects, archives and publications.
The National Election Studies
- Produces data on voting, public opinion, and political participation that serve the research needs of those concerned with understanding the theoretical and empirical foundations of mass politics in a democratic society.
The Panel Study of Income Dynamics
- Longitudinal survey of a representative sample of US individuals and families, which has been ongoing since 1968.
Population Studies Center
- PSC is one of the oldest population centers in the United States, with a distinguished record in both domestic and international population research
Protein Folding and Stability Research Laboratory
- Uses state-of-the-art physical and optical techniques to investigate the mechanisms governing protein folding and stability. Includes details of facilities and publications.
Space Physics Research Laboratory
- Offers courses, projects and research area. Includes faculty directory, list of past and current projects, and funding.
Student Affairs Research at the University of Michigan
- Student Affairs Research conducts research for the Division of Student Affairs, and is a resource for many University of Michigan departments and units for such tasks as the creation of assessment tools, data collection, dissemination of results, and expanding our knowledge about UM students.
Tauber Institute for Global Operations
- Provides training for a manufacturing-related career. Includes overview of courses and team projects.
University of Michigan AI Lab
- Program comprises a multidisciplinary group of researchers conducting theoretical, experimental, and applied investigations of intelligent systems. Details of research projects and facilities.
The University of Michigan Biological Station (UMBS)
- Instructional and research center for students and scientists. Information about location, facilities, research programs, and educational activities.
University of Michigan Department of Astronomy
- Includes details of instrumentation projects, course information and online labs.
University of Michigan DNA Sequencing Core
- Provides U-M investigators access to automated DNA sequencing technology on a recharge basis.
University of Michigan Herbarium
- Includes a catalog of publications, fungus collection database and fun facts.
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute
- Broad areas of research include crash-data collection and traffic-safety analysis, bioengineering, human factors, mechanical engineering, psychology, economics, public policy, and marine systems.
Virtual Reality Laboratory
- Conducts research focused on virtual prototyping of engineering designs, especially in the automotive and marine industry. Additional activities include the use of virtual reality in accident simulations, medicine, architecture, archeology, and education.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 3, 2014 at 11:48:51 UTC -