the entire directory
only in Colleges_and_Universities/Financial_Aid
Colleges and Universities
Open Directory - Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities: Financial Aid
Home: Personal Finance: Money Management: Credit
Reference: Education: K through 12: Counseling and Guidance
Society: Philanthropy: Grants: Grant-Making Foundations: Education
This category in other languages:
FinAid: The Financial Aid Information Page
- Dedicated to providing objective guidance on financial aid to students and parents.
Adventures In Education
- Texas Guaranteed's educational web site for parents, students, and high school counselors
Advisory Committee on Student Financial Assistance - ED.Gov
- Committee advises Congress on student financial aid policy, focusing on postsecondary student assistance including Title IV, distance education, and early needs assessment. Reauthorized through 2014.
AFSA - Essay Contest
- National HS Essay Contest is open to all High School students whose parents are not in the US Foreign Service. Deadline is April 15.
Alternative Student Loans for College Financial Aid
- Offers a directory of private loans designed to supplement federal aid.
- An alternative college finance, student loan, savings and spending guide publishing student aid articles and listing private lender options for comparison.
American Educational Services
- Guarantor and lender providing schools with a single point of service from the application process, through the conclusion of a successful repayment period.
Apply for a Grant - ED.Gov
- Department of Education guide to information on how to apply for an ED grant.
Avoiding Scams | Federal Student Aid
- Tips on avoiding scams while searching for scholarships, filling out the FAFSA, and giving personal information to schools and lenders.
Cheap College Degrees
- Focuses on the many unique ways to earn a legitimate college degree cheaply.
College Funding Solutions, Inc.
- Scholarship, college prep and admission application strategies for high school students and parents.
College Grants for Students
- Provides articles and online resources for applying for grants and scholarships.
College Savings Plans Network
- Source for state-operated college savings programs. These programs, directed by non-profit state organizations, offer tremendous tax benefits to families.
- Providing insight articles and tools for financial aid, scholarships and student loans by type.
- Information and resources for scholarship and aid programs.
- Learn the basics of financial aid, grants, scholarship types and Federal loans. Includes a Video channel, How to Pay and What To Do sections and links to the official home pages for Federal aid and the FAFSA.
CSAC - California Student Aid Commission
- Providing financial aid to California students pursuing higher education.
CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE
- Students can apply online for this financial aid service when seeking money for college. Also available in Spanish.
Direct Consolidation Loan Application | Ed.gov
- Official Federal loan consolidation application page from the Department of Education featuring a three-step process. Includes tips, rates applying for a PIN and e-signing Promissory Notes.
Direct Consolidation Loans | U.S. Department of Education
- Official home for borrowers, schools and loan holders. Provides publications, FAQs, a glossary and the application for Federal consolidation.
The Education Plan
- 529 college savings program that allows families to save for future higher education tuition on a tax-deferred basis.
The Education Resources Institute (TERI)
- A national, not-for-profit corporation that provides education financing and information services.
- Learn about financial aid, search for the lowest student loan rates, compare lenders and apply on-line
The European Graduate School: Scholarship/Financial Aid
- Annotated list to grants, scholarships and financial aid information.
FAFSA Guide - StudentAdvisor
- A 26-page free digital magazine, offering facts, tips, and practical advice on how to get through the challenging process of filling out the FAFSA application.
FAFSA on the Web
- Electronically submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All students interested in financial aid for college will need to complete this form.
Federal Pell Grant Program - Ed.gov
- Provides information and resources for Federal Pell Grant eligibility, funding status, laws, regulations and guidance.
Federal Student Aid Gateway - Ed.gov
- Information on grants, student loans, scholarships and financial aid from the U.S. Department of Education's office of Federal Student Aid.
Federal Student Financial Aid
- The official home page for the federal student aid programs administered by the US Department of Education.
- Lists current U. S. federal government assistance programs benefiting students.
Financial Aid Facts
- Lists types of student aid, award letter information, scholarships, loan insight and resources.
Financial Aid for Lifelong Learning
- Provides full-text access to the ERIC Digest of this name dealing with financial aid for non-traditional students.
- Provides scholarship listings, financial aid information and resources for sweepstakes, grants, fellowships and contests.
Fisher House Foundation Scholarship Programs
- Offers student aid and scholarship opportunities for military personnel and their dependents.
GI Bill Express
- Scholarships, education and student aid benefits, school rankings all from a military perspective.
Graduate Scholarships and Fellowships
- Michigan State University Library page providing students with up-to-date information on scholarships, fellowships, grants, awards and internships in the arts and sciences.
- Historically black colleges and universities offering college planning and financial aid information.
Home Equity Loans in Financial Aid Packages
- Guide for families utilizing home equity as a part of a student financial aid.
How Minority Students Finance Their Higher Education
- Provides full-text access to the ERIC Digest of this name which looks at how minority students finance their educations.
How Will I Pay for College?
- Blog discussing the process of funding a college education, with articles on current topics and trends.
Howstuffworks-Applying for Financial Aid Library
- Detailed articles inform and report on multiple stages of the application processes including loan repayment.
HRSA - U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Health Resources and Services Administration provides loan and scholarship programs for students and professionals.
HSH Associates Financial Publishers
- Article for parents providing insight in to completing financial aid packages cheaper with a home equity loan.
- Students and recent graduate services for personal finance, budgeting, finalcial aid counseling including a loan exit counselor.
Imagine America Foundation
- Offers scholarships, awards, individual and school sponsorships, career development and research support for career schools. Founded in 1982.
Jewish Educational Loan Fund
- Educational loans to qualifying Jewish students from Georgia, Florida, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Karla Scherer Foundation
- Offering a scholarship and aid available exclusively to female students majoring only in finance or economics with plans for a corporate business career in the private sector.
Loans for Health Professions Students | HRSA.gov
- HRSA provides financial aid for students and professionals, through its various bureaus and programs.
Mapping Your Future
- Preparing and paying for college from Middle School through Non-Traditional Students. Excellent Student Loan Counseling interactive tools.
- The Midwest Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators is a professional association providing administration and support for student aid.
- Program where everyday shopping with top retailers and brands helps save for a child's college education.
Money For College - GoArmy.com
- Offers scholarships and grants to eligible students.
Montana Guaranteed Student Loan Program
- Official State higher education and financial aid website for students, parents, and lenders.
MSN Money: Family College Finances Center
- Information, tools, calculators and resources for financial aid, including tips on saving for college, pros and cons of prepaying tuition and ways to meet and reduce the cost of education.
NASFAA - National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Offers a financial aid encyclopedia, career center and learning sections for college students and parents.
- National Association of State Student Grant and Aid Programs is dedicated to the promotion, strengthening and increased disbursment of state grant and aid programs to become available for all students in the U.S.
National Student Loan Data System
- Students can access the Government system for their loan and Pell information.
Nationally Coveted College Scholarships and Graduate Fellowships
- Searchable sources of financial aid for undergraduate and graduate students.
- North Carolina Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators is a professional association offering training and development of financial aid officers in North Carolina.
The NEA Foundation
- Grants for students, teachers, and employees for professional development, teacher retention, arts education, and improving achievement for minority students. Describes each program's requirements and provides publications of research.
NELA - USA Funds
- Non-profit student loan guarantor administering loans issued under the Federal Family Education Loan Program.
Northwest Education Loan Association
- Information on student loans, financial aid and college planning for students and families in the Pacific Northwest.
- The New York State Financial Aid Administrators Association, Inc offers financial aid Adminstrators, and the families they serve, free student aid planning and guidance.
- Find new educational and aid opportunities for unemployed workers, including students.
Other Sources of Student Aid | Ed.gov
- Lists alternatives for student financial aid.
Paying for College - Bigfuture By The College Board
- Explains financial aid, scholarships, the FAFSA and steps to find additional funds for school.
Pickett & Hatcher Educational Fund, Inc.
- A nonprofit, noncommercial foundation helping college students through private loans since 1938.
Postsecondary Financial Aid for American Indians and Alaska Natives
- Provides full-text access to the ERIC Digest of this name which examines financial aid options for American Indians and natives of Alaska.
The Project on Student Debt
- Institute for College Access & Success initiative raising debt awareness for students, offering advice to borrowers, aid publications, resources and news articles.
- Southern Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators consists of over 1,200 professionals in nine states, offering newsletters, conferences, training and regular public updates on legislative concerns.
Saving for College
- Sensible-Investor ranks the top sites about saving for college.
- Open solution software assists in managing student loan data.
- Assists in raising money for students through educational crowd funding.
- A California 529 College Savings Plan in association with Fidelity Investments.
School Grants Sources
- Provide articles, information and resources for educational grants and scholarships.
Sophie's Silver Lining Fund
- UK based site existing to help needy young artists with their training in acting or singing.
Special Direct Consolidation Loans | ED.gov
- The U.S. Department of Education offers Special Direct Consolidation Loans to eligible borrowers, beginning in January 2012.
Student Aid on the Web
- U.S. Department of Education's official page for information about grants, loans, work-study, and tax credits for education and how to apply for them.
Student Finance Express
- Financial advice for students with a focus on entrepreneurship.
Student Financial Aid in the United States
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, details U.S. financial aid processes and types with current resources.
Student Loan - Wikipedia
- Explains types of student loans offered in the United States.
Student Loan Borrower Assistance
- National Consumer Law Center project resource for borrowers, including a step-by-step guide to determine a strategy to solve loan problems. Features news and updates about loan cancellation, repayment, default, delinquency and rehabilitation.
Student Loan Process Guide - Studentcredit.com
- Tutorial on federal aid and all student loan types, from borrowing to repayment.
- U.S. Department of Education site explaining how to view Federal student loan documents, entrance counseling and how to sign promissory notes. Includes tools for applying for a PIN, My Financial Aid History and repayment guidance.
- Information on scholarships, college admissions and financial aid. Also feature tips for school admission essays and interviews.
Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation
- Provides information for students on how to apply for financial aid from The Buffett Foundation.
Tax Breaks for Higher Education
- A guide to the variety of tax breaks available to make higher education more affordable.
TEACH Grant - Federal Student Aid
- The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant official site explaining what to expect, what you need, the grant's initial and subsequent Counseling requirements and insight in to the ATS (Agreement to Serve).
- Provides information on tuition refund insurance plans. Includes a discussion forum.
The U.S. Department of Education and Student Financial Aid for Distance Education: An Update
- Provides full-text access to the ERIC Digest of this name which examines US federal financial aid assistance for distance education students.
U.S. Department of Education: Funding Education Beyond High School
- Official guide to Federal grants, loans and work-study. Available in PDF and HTML formats.
U.S. National Science Foundation - Funding Finder
- Database of student aid, grant and scholarship programs for undergraduates, graduates and Postdoctoral fellows.
United Methodist Higher Education Foundation
- Scholarship aid from the foundation supports United Methodist students attending United Methodist-related institutions.
US News and World Report - Paying for College
- Get information on financial aid and discover ways to pay for college. Find tools for comparing costs, a scholarship search and "best value" schools.
USA.gov: Government Benefits, Grants, and Financial Aid for Citizens
- Get official information on grants, loans, financial aid, and other benefits from the U.S. government.
Virginia Association of Financial Aid Administrators
- Resource for financial aid professionals, students and families in Virginia.
- Articles and resources for scholarships, grants, tuition information and student loans.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2014 at 15:15:11 UTC -