become an editor
the entire directory
only in University_of_Cambridge/Libraries_and_Museums
Colleges and Universities
University of Cambridge
Libraries and Museums
Reference: Libraries: College and University
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Cambridgeshire: Cambridge: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
University of Cambridge Libraries Directory
- Includes information on all university, department, faculty, and college libraries.
- Forty acres (16 hectares) close to the city centre containing a large collection of plants of international importance.
Cambridge Museums and Collections
- Includes opening times, web links, and contact details for various institutions in the university.
Cambridge University Library
- Includes details of the facilities, online catalogues, contact information, and a list of job vacancies.
The Fitzwilliam Museum
- Outstanding collections of antiquities, fine and decorative arts, European paintings from the Middle Ages to the present, drawings, prints, sculpture, furniture, fans, coins and medals. Shop and Cafe. Open (except Mondays) all year. Free Admission.
- 20th century art, furniture, ceramics, glass and natural objects. Exhibitions of contemporary and modern art. Concerts. Education programme for all ages. Bookshop.
- Houses the University Library's working collections in the physical sciences, technology and mathematics. Details of opening hours, book and journal holdings, and reader services.
Museum of Archeaology and Anthropology
- World prehistory and local archaeology; Social anthropology artifacts; Special exhibitions.
Museum of Classical Archaeology
- Has casts of classical sculpture, pottery and shard collections, replicas of coins, miniature bronzes and ivories, and Minoan and Mycenean reproductions. Includes opening hours, description and history of the museum, what's on guide, cast collection search, and information for researchers and teachers.
Museum of Zoology
- Houses a large collection of scientifically important zoological material. Information about the museum, its history, and opening times.
New Hall - Women's Art Collection
- 20th century women's art.
Scott Polar Research Institute Museum
- The Museum holds a collection of artifacts, paintings, drawings, photographs (including cinematographic film, lantern slides, and Daguerreotypes).
Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences
- Rock and fossil collections of historic importance. Provides details of research, visitor activities and resources.
Squire Law Library
- Holds a collection of legal works. Information about the library, its collections, and reader services.
Whipple Museum of the History of Science
- Science and its applications from physics to phrenology and from magnetism to microscopy. Scientific instruments, models, prints, books, and related objects.
Libraries and Museums
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2014 at 12:54:11 UTC -