become an editor
the entire directory
only in Multilingual/Terminology
Reference: Dictionaries: By Subject
AGARD Aeronautical Dictionary
- By the NATO Research and Technology Organisation (RTO), Advisory Group for Aerospace Research and Development (AGARD), 1980. Over 17,000 terms. Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish.
- Typology of flora and fauna by animal class and by botanical family, crop group or plant type. Latin, Slovenian, English.
Anvilfire Blacksmithing and Metalworking Terms
- Single-page document by Jock Dempsey, and volunteer contributors. English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish.
Apple Mac OS International Glossaries
- Localized terms and phrases. English to/from Arabic, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Kanji, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian. Formats: FileMaker, ClarisWorks, text, AppleGlot Language Glossaries.
Apple Mac OS X Glossaries
- Localized terms and phrases. English to/from Portuguese, Chinese, German, Danish, Spanish, French, Norwegian, Japanese, Finnish, Korean, Dutch, Swedish, Italian. Downloadable OS X drive image files, compressed in MacBinary files (.dmg.bin).
Business and Finance Multilingual Dictionary
- By Igor Sharshakov, financial translator and lexicologist. Office practice, stock market, accounting. English, French, German, Russian. Sample of 22 pages, 1998. Full version sold as an e-book. [PDF]
- By the International Council on Combustion Engines. English, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, German. Engineering, diesel motors, and gas turbines.
Cold Rollers Lexicon
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish. By the CIELFFA (Comité International d'Étude du Laminage à Froid du Feuillard d'Acier), which is a European group of national associations of cold rolled narrow steel strip producers. Metal processing industry. 15 pages, 2001. [XLS]
- Parallel documents on Foreignword with translation pop-ups. English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Swedish, Finnish, Dutch, Danish, Greek, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Hungarian, Arabic, and Japanese. Popular (non-official) name and ISO code of 240 countries, with links to encyclopaedic information.
Dictionaries of Common Computing Terms
- English, French, German, Spanish. Published by David Nye, information technology specialist at the Queen Mary, University of London.
Dictionary of Applied Geology
- By Merkel et al. Freiberg Online Geosciences, volume 4. English, French, German, Spanish. 229 pages, 2001. [PDF]
Dictionary of Swiss Terms
- On the political and social system of Switzerland, with definitions and translations from German into English, Italian, and French. By Tanya Harvey Ciampi, translator and terminologist.
European Environment Agency Glossary
- Over a thousand entries, with definitions and translations. Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish.
- English, French, German, Danish, Spanish, Dutch.
- On ToDine.net, international restaurant guide. Italian, English, French, Spanish, German. Hors d'oeuvre, soups, pastas, vegetables, meats, fish, sauces, eggs, cheese, sweets, fruit, sauces, herbs and spices, beverages, additional ingredients.
Gernot Katzer's Spice Pages
- With pictures. Botanical family, geographic origin, etymology, chemical constituents, usage. Latin, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Farsi, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujrati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Khmer, Laotian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian, Pashto, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Sanskrit, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Urdu.
Glossary of Key Terms in Evaluation and Results-Based Management
- Economic development activities, international bodies. English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese. PDFs by the OECD's DAC Network on Development Evaluation, 2002. 13 to 40 pages.
Illustrated Glossary of Media, Printing and Advertising Terms
- By Tanya Harvey Ciampi, translator and terminologist. German, English, Italian, and French, with definitions.
IMF Terminology Database
- By the International Monetary Fund, 2000. 4,500 entries in English, German, Spanish, French, and Portuguese. Money and banking, public finance, balance of payments, and economic growth.
Inter Active Terminology for Europe (IATE)
- Term bank of the European Commission's Translation Service. 5.5 million entries in 48 subject fields. Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Latin, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish.
International Electrotechnical Vocabulary Online Database
- English, French, German, Spanish.
Marine Research Institute of Iceland
- Find the names of various fishes in Icelandic, Latin, Norwegian, Danish, German, French, English, Faroese, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Terms and phrases used in MS software. Updated as new products are launched. English to/from Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Farsi, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian.
Multilingual Glossary of Technical and Popular Medical Terms
- Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish.
Multilingual Glossary to Native Forms
- Glossary of English words and names to the original or local forms, both in original script and transliteration.
Mutilingual Dictionary of Stock Exchange and Investment Terms
- By Igor Sharshakov, financial translator and lexicologist. English to French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish. Sample of 7 pages covers the letter "A". Full version sold as an e-book. [PDF]
Nomenclature of Bovine Meat Cuts and Joints
- For butchery professionals, by Interviandes, with illustrations. French, English, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish.
Olympic Games Official Lexicons
- English, French, Japanese, Greek. Multilingual browse and search options. By the French INSEP (National Institute of Sport and Physical Education), Olympic committees, and other organizations. 46 winter and summer sports.
- European Union integration, institutions, activities, policies, and political procedures. Entry-to-entry toggling between parallel versions in Spanish, Danish, German, Greek, English, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Finnish, and Swedish.
- By the SIRCHAL Network for the revitalization of Latin American and Caribbean historic centres, within the framework of the France-UNESCO Convention. Cultural heritage, urban planning, architecture. French, English, Spanish, Portuguese.
The Sushi Encyclopedism's Glossary
- Japanese into English, French, and German. Food terms organized by category: fish, shellfish, eggs, seasonings, drinks, chemical components, and other various expressions.
- By Lipsie Languages, translation provider. English, French, Italian, German, Spanish. Computers, e-commerce, Internet, telecommunications, multimedia, engineering.
United Nations Multilingual Terminology Database (UNTERM)
- English, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Chinese. 70,000 entries.
WebTerm: Collection of Terminology Databases
- Based on degree theses written at the University of Applied Sciences, Cologne, Germany. Agriculture and food, art, business, computer and Internet, environment, humanities and social sciences, information and communication, law, medicine and pharmacy, natural sciences, sports and leisure, technics and industry. German, English, French, Spanish.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 27, 2014 at 16:56:29 UTC -