become an editor
the entire directory
only in J/Japanese
Computers: Software: Educational: Languages: Japanese
Reference: Dictionaries: World Languages: Multilingual
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Japanese
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Translation: Tools: Translation Engines
World: Japanese: コンピュータ: インターネット: 資料・用語集
World: Japanese: 各種資料: 辞書・事典
This category in other languages:
Analytica Japan: Glossary of Japanese Terms
- Lexicon of Japanese financial expressions and acronyms.
Basic Terms of Shinto
- Kokugakuin University’s hyperlinked version of a 1958 illustrated Japanese-English dictionary.
Bidirectional English-Japanese Dictionary
- Pacific Software Publishing’s EDICT server with kana or kanji Japanese to English and English to Japanese. (SJIS)
- Charles Muller’s database of CJKV (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese) characters and compounds related to East Asian cultural, political, and intellectual history. (UTF-8)
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism
- Charles Muller's dictionary of terms and names found in Buddhist canonical sources, updated on user contributions. (UTF-8)
Glossary of Japanese Theatre Terms
- Beta version of theatrical glossary. (UTF-8)
Glossary of Sushi-Related terms
- Japanese-English wordlist of food and cooking vocabulary.
Heartful English-Japanese Dictionary
- Toyohashi University of Technology’s EDICT server with English to Japanese only. (EUC)
JAANUS (Japanese Architecture and Art Net Users System)
- Glossary compiled by Mary Neighbour Parent, with alphabetical index and keyword search. (SJIS)
Japanese Kanji Dictionary
- EDICT and KANJIDIC server with English or Japanese search and audio files. (UTF-8)
jeKai Japanese-English dictionary
- Tom Gally’s ongoing project to build a free, open Japanese-English dictionary with translation equivalents, illustrations, and examples. (SJIS)
Jim Breen's WWWJDIC
- Monash University's interface for all EDICT Project dictionary files. Kana, kanji, or romanized Japanese to English and English to Japanese, text or URL word glossing, kanji stroke order diagrams, example sentences, plus handwritten and cell phone interfaces. (SJIS, EUC, UTF-8)
- A free resource that lets users check whether or not Japanese kanji are joyo (common use).
Kanji Dictionaries for Learning Japanese
- The Kanji Dictionary Publishing Society’s site for NTC/Kenkyusha’s New Japanese-English Character Dictionary and The Kodansha Kanji Learner's Dictionary. (GIF)
- Lawrence J. Howell's and Hikaru Morimoto's kanji dictionary, with hypothetical phonosemantic "etymologies," is searchable by character, radical, stroke count, or pronunciation. (UTF-8)
- EDICT server with Japanese or English word search. (SJIS)
Kiki's Kanji Dictionary
- Stephen Ryner’s KANJIDIC server with radical-indexed kanji Japanese to English, and clickable kanji hyperlinks. (SJIS)
LSD (Life Science Dictionary) Project
- Online dictionary including over 39,000 English terms extracted from the MEDLINE database with definitions, Japanese translations, example sentences, and concordances. Also provides an EDICT server for English to Japanese glosses of Web pages or text, and an English spell-checker. (SJIS)
Nihongo Resources Dictionaries
- EDICT and KANJIDIC server with auto-detection of English and kana, kanji, or romanized Japanese input. Allows wildcard searches. (EUC)
Nihongodict English-Japanese Dictionary
- EDICT interface with romaji-English and English-Japanese allows fuzzy searching and search suggestions. (UTF-8)
Online English to Japanese to English Dictionary
Online English-Japanese Dictionaries
- Free Light Software’s glossaries of geography and travel, history and traditions, manga and video games, and politics and media. (GIF)
- English-Japanese dictionary with example sentences, custom vocabulary lists, stroke order diagrams, conjugation, multi-radical search, and rōmaji and furigana support. Based on JMdict.
- Searchable online dictionary service, English to Japanese and Japanese to English with bilingual examples and translate tool.
Your Name in Japanese
- Converts foreign names into Japanese kana, with seven different graphic styles, using Philip A. Ronan’s dictionary file with 3,700 names. (PNG)
Usenet sci.lang.japan -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 12, 2015 at 1:40:27 UTC -