become an editor
the entire directory
only in English/Slang
Arts: Education: Language Arts: English: English as a Second Language: Student Resources: Idioms and Slang
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Language: Dialects: Slang
Regional: Oceania: Australia: Society and Culture: Language: Slang
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Germanic: English: Slang
- A searchable archive of contemporary American slang, listed in alphabetical order. Allows its users to create definitions for slang words and phrases and submit them for publication. Includes a "Word of the Day" section, chat features and live minute-by-minute site update logs.
Businessballs.com - Cockney Rhyming Slang
- Origins, derivations and dictionary translations of the slang used by inhabitants of the East End district of London, England.
Carleton County Colloquialisms
- Dictionary of the colloquial language of Carleton County, New Brunswick, Canada and Aroostook County, Maine, USA. Audio clips accompany each entry.
Definition of Slang
- Slang translation, English dictionary definition of slang.
A Dictionary of Old Hobo Slang
- A searchable compilation of slang used by vagrants and migratory workers, listed in alphabetical order.
A Dictionary of Slang
- English slang and colloquialisms currently used in the United Kingdom. Includes definitions, a part of speech listing and an example sentence for each term.
English Slang List
- A list of popular English Slang by EslCafe.
- Online English idiom dictionary.
- English idioms and slang with their meaning, examples and origin.
New Zealand Slang
- List of New Zealand slang created from a mixture of Moari and modified English words.
The Online Slang Dictionary
- A global dictionary of English slang compiled from user submissions. Includes a slang thesaurus and word lists browsable by letter.
- Covers slang, made up words, "webspeak", colloquialisms and accepts contributions for new entries.
The Septic's Companion
- A dictionary of British slang, viewable alphabetically or by category.
- Definitions of common words in English-language slang, organized by subject area.
- Compilation of popular slang terms and acronyms used on social networking sites. Includes definitions and usage.
- Definitions of acronyms, abbreviations, and emoticons used in online chat and text messaging.
Southern Slang Dictionary
- Colloquial American words and expressions originating specifically from Arkansas. Notes part of speech and includes example sentences. Sorted alphabetically.
- A dictionary of Twitter words submitted by tweeters.
A Way With Words: Double-Tongued Dictionary
- An index of words from the fringes of English, including jargon, slang, and loan words. Includes analysis of new words, and modern connotations of words with old denotations.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 31, 2016 at 7:06:52 UTC -