become an editor
the entire directory
only in English/Slang
Arts: Education: Language Arts: English: English as a Second Language: Student Resources: Idioms and Slang
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Language: Dialects: Slang
Regional: Oceania: Australia: Society and Culture: Language: Slang
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Germanic: English: Slang
- A searchable archive of contemporary American slang, listed in alphabetical order. Allows its users to create definitions for slang words and phrases and submit them for publication. Includes a "Word of the Day" section, chat features and live minute-by-minute site update logs.
Businessballs.com - Cockney Rhyming Slang
- Origins, derivations and dictionary translations of the slang used by inhabitants of the East End district of London, England.
Carleton County Colloquialisms
- Dictionary of the colloquial language of Carleton County, New Brunswick, Canada and Aroostook County, Maine, USA. Audio clips accompany each entry.
- Definitions of acronyms, abbreviations, and emoticons used in online chat and text messaging.
A Dictionary of Old Hobo Slang
- A searchable compilation of slang used by vagrants and migratory workers, listed in alphabetical order.
A Dictionary of Slang
- English slang and colloquialisms currently used in the United Kingdom. Includes definitions, a part of speech listing and an example sentence for each term.
- A growing dictionary of words from the fringes of English, including jargon, slang, and loan words. Browsable by category or searchable by letter. Includes analysis of new words, and modern connotations of words with old denotations.
- Online English idiom dictionary.
The Online Slang Dictionary
- A global dictionary of English slang compiled from user submissions. Includes a slang thesaurus and word lists browsable by letter.
- Covers slang, made up words, "webspeak", colloquialisms and accepts contributions for new entries.
The Septic's Companion
- A dictionary of British slang, viewable alphabetically or by category.
- Definitions of common words in English-language slang, organized by subject area.
Southern Slang Dictionary
- Colloquial American words and expressions originating specifically from Arkansas. Notes part of speech and includes example sentences. Sorted alphabetically.
- A dictionary of Twitter words submitted by tweeters.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 25, 2014 at 5:54:04 UTC -