become an editor
the entire directory
only in Dictionaries/Vocabulary_Lists
Commonly Misspelled Words in English
- Select a reference source and click on any word in a list to get a definition, pronunciation or translation of that word to your language. Take a quiz on spelling.
Daily Vocabulary Test
- A new short three question multiple choice quiz every day to test your vocabulary knowledge.
English Words from Chinese
- English words which have come into the language from Chinese.
- Another advanced English-vocabulary program for long-distance learners of all ages, everywhere.
- A collection of 2000 words which are often omitted from dictionaries, and are in danger of being eliminated from the English language.
Heenan's Universal Dictionary
- A collection of weird and wonderful words and their alternate meanings; sources, too, where available.
International House of Logorrhea
- An online dictionary of obscure and unusual words and obsolete terms to help enhance vocabulary; over 15,500 English words with brief definitions.
- A site for lovers of obscure and unusual words, featuring a dictionary of rare words, word lists of vocabulary on specific topics, essays and discussions on etymology, vocabulary and language usage.
- Introduces an uncommon word or phrase each day, along with a definition. Includes archives, and a daily email service.
Vocabulary Activities for Standardized Tests
- Interactive activities on word lists based on themes.
A Word A Day - Today's Word
- Audio clip, definition, and example usage.
- An English vocabulary dictionary with free searches of words from Latin and Greek sources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 22, 2014 at 13:15:12 UTC -