become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science/Biology
- By the European Commission. Defines a core of 800 technical and scientific concepts extracted from life sciences literature and other sources. For each term, main and alternative definitions, as well as their sources are provided.
- Bird On! indexed dictionary of birdwatching terminology.
Birds of Britain
- Illustrated collection of terms and descriptions of birds found in British Isles.
- Cross-referenced glossary of butterfly species with pictures.
Catalog of Fishes
- Searchable database of taxonomic fish names. Accounts are provided for over 10,000 generic names and over 58,000 species. By the California Academy of Sciences.
Cortland Herpetology Collection
- One-page glossary of herpetology terms.
- Definitions of more than 1000 terms related to ichthyology, taxonomy, ecology, population dynamics, genetics, oceanography, geography and related disciplines.
Glossary of Terms from "The Origin of Species"
- Glossary of terms used in Darwin's "The Origin of Species".
- Thematic visual dictionary by Bernard Déry, to learn by way of image. Concise definitions within the fields of vegetal biology, animal biology, and human anatomy.
MAGUS: Multilingual Animal Glossary of Unveiled Synonyms
- Dictionary of names of wild and domestic animals in 53 languages of Europe.
- Glossary aiming at students of microbiology. Concise definition of technical terms. Includes a pronunciation guide.
- Glossary of types of sharks, related scientific terms with pictures for many entries.
- List of terms used in the study and description of spiders and their activities.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 16, 2015 at 7:54:06 UTC -