become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bibliography/Literature
Open Directory - Reference: Bibliography: Literature
Card, Orson Scott
A Bibliography of Literary Theory, Criticism, and Philology
- FTP directory of more than 130,000 items, including lists for individual authors and critical schools, literary theory, literary history, aesthetics, semiotics, and related subjects. By Jose Angel Garcia Landa.
- Annotated bibliography of online bibliographies and related resources. By David Wilson-Okamura.
Children's Literature: A Guide to Criticism
- Includes annotated bibliography of the field to 1985. Includes indices of critics, authors, titles, and subjects. By Linnea Hendrickson.
Contemporary Women Novelists: A Selected Annotated List
- "Limited to outstanding first novelists or established novelists who have been undeservedly neglected." Wisconsin Bibliographies in Women's Studies 76, by Helene Androski, 1996.
Critical Bibliography of Japan in English-Language Verse
- An annotated guide to the use of Japanese subjects and forms by British, Irish, and American poets, particularly from 1900 to 1950. By David Ewick.
Ernest Bramah Bibliography
- A guide to work by and about the writer, including variant editions of his books, appearances in periodicals and anthologies, and biographies, criticism, and reviews; includes cover scans of titles. By Mike Berro.
- Annotated bibliography of Chaucer studies, 1900-1984; includes more than 900 records categorized by nearly 90 topics. By Mark Allen and John H. Fisher.
Greek Theater: An Annotated Bibliography
- Annotated guide to 182 essays and translated plays that appeared in English from 1824 to 1994. By Stratos Constantinidis.
Howard Fast Bibliography
- Includes compilation of primary and secondary materials; includes edition and translation details and cover scans and jacket text of many titles. By Steve Trussel.
Jeffery Farnol Bibliography
- Chronological list of Farnol's novels, and notes about biographical and related material; includes cover scans and plot summaries of many titles.
Mitchell's West Indian Bibliography
- A guide to English-language non-fiction of and about the West Indies, 1492 to present, organized alphabetically by author; includes over 25,000 titles, most with brief annotation. By Don Mitchell QC.
MLA International Bibliography
- Classified subject index of books and articles published on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and linguistics.
Native American Literature: A Selected Bibliography
- Alphabetical arrangement of major scholarly studies. By Donna M. Campbell.
Prehistoric Fiction Bibliography
- Annotated guide to more than 1,000 "novel[s] set in prehistoric times, or in which the principal characters are members of prehistoric society"; includes indices of titles, publication dates, and authors, and cover scans of most titles. By Steve Trussel.
Women and World Literature: Bibliography of Anthologies of Women's Literature in Translation
- Most entries are annotated; includes bibliographies of women's writing in English translation. Wisconsin Bibliographies in Women's Studies 61, by Carolyn J. Kruse, 1992.
Women Mystery Writers
- Includes three annotated sections of works with a strong female central character, "Mean Streets" ("hard-boiled atmospherics"), "Tea at the Vicarage" (minimum of violence), and "Making a Statement" (mystery fiction with a social conscience). Wisconsin Bibliographies in Women's Studies 74, by Helene Androski, 1995.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 1, 2012 at 12:05:06 UTC -